And to think that...

• Thread starter Andromalia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I take extreme care to use ear plugs at rehearsals and shows, only to have my eardrums shot by a badly pressurized airplane. :(
Tried to play a bit tonight, I hear bass I know is not there and feel like having cotton in my right ear. Might have to skip this weeks rehearsal too. :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Oh man I hate that. This happened to me when I came back from Europe with a bad cold/blocked sinus.

Wish I could give you a solution.

Homebrew1709

Reaction score
I guess it's too late for this, but I always take sinus medicine as a precaution when I fly. I used to get the most terrible sinus pain while descending...Get well soon!

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
I fly about 4 times a year, and I've had this happen only once and it was on a descent into Toronto. Never happened since. I always chew gum for takeoff and landing, but I guess that time it didn't help.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I feel your pain, man. Really aggressive ear infections ate a hole in my eardrum that will never heal. :(

Reaction score
My girlfriend is always on my case about picking my nose but the truth is if I blew it I'd lose most of my hearing. I've never flown but have been warned by my doctor that I have narrow canals and they tend to collapse under pressure. 2 operations and still not cool......seems there's no real solution to this other than to wait it out.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
My girlfriend is always on my case about picking my nose but the truth is if I blew it I'd lose most of my hearing. I've never flown but have been warned by my doctor that I have narrow canals and they tend to collapse under pressure. 2 operations and still not cool......seems there's no real solution to this other than to wait it out.

Jon_picking_his_nose.jpg

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
I feel your pain, man. Really aggressive ear infections ate a hole in my eardrum that will never heal. :(
I have the same problem (my left ear), it's not that terrible for my hearing though, since my right is fine, the left is just a little quieter and has less bass response.

')