And you guys wasted all that money on those big fancy amps......

• Thread starter flexkill
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisRushing

Fretboard Acrobat
Reaction score
As many have said, it's got more to do with being able to put the tools at hand to use. Guys that know how to build a mix properly can get the job done with just about anything. The thing is that you have to be able to see or hear the larger picture. The guitar doesn't sound that great to me but it WORKS in the context of the mix.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Ola is on MG, but, I have to be honest, I've never liked any of the tones in his videos :lol:

I think that MG still sounds like shit :ugh:

Edit: Just realised I'm on SS.org. I need to lay off the grog.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
Well whatever shitty Marshall practice amp was out at the time. Is there really that much difference?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well whatever shitty Marshall practice amp was out at the time. Is there really that much difference?

The Valvestates (their practice amp at the time) were actually very good sounding.

And according to Varg himself:

On "Filosofem" I didn't use a guitar amplifier at all, but instead used only the amplifier on my brother's stereo (that of course was not intended for that use) and some old fuzz pedals.

Varg Vikernes - A Burzum Story: Part VI - The Music

')