Anderson 7 strings returning

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Anderson coming out like 20 years of nonsense to start dropping consistent beautiful guitars day after day. Like this is the same company that unveiled this with an attitude like we were supposed to be excited about it:

TomAnderson_Atom_Red_G.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oracles

Reaction score
Anderson coming out like 20 years of nonsense to start dropping consistent beautiful guitars day after day. Like this is the same company that unveiled this with an attitude like we were supposed to be excited about it:

TomAnderson_Atom_Red_G.jpg
This is way less offensive than most Kiesel body shapes that people fall over themselves for. Maybe not the most appealing shape, but still infinitely better than things like the Vanquish or V220.

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
This is way less offensive than most Kiesel body shapes that people fall over themselves for. Maybe not the most appealing shape, but still infinitely better than things like the Vanquish or V220.
You will never convince me otherwise the vanquish doesn’t look like the silhouette of Shrek’s head. Once you see it you can’t unsee it

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
I’ll agree with the clean korina finish, and it is a welcome change from all the fades and what not. I will say though, that TA’s fades are so good though, so I would welcome either.

narad

Reaction score
Bro.. the 7 string market is small enough, who is buying these?
I must be underestimating the number of investment bankers in my generation.
Edit: obviously it's gorgeous...

If you were into 7-strings in the 90s you're 45-55 now, making mid-late career money.

ian540s

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you were into 7-strings in the 90s you're 45-55 now, making mid-late career money.
Fair enough, I guess being a 90's kid I don't realize how many 7's were used while I was still a baby.
Other than the pioneers, my mind goes to 2005-2015 for 7 strings. Unfortunately, when I hit mid-career salary, Anderson's will likely be 20k.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bro.. the 7 string market is small enough, who is buying these?
I must be underestimating the number of investment bankers in my generation.
Edit: obviously it's gorgeous...

Eh, that's only like three or four Schecters/LTDs worth, maybe a couple Prestige Ibanez.

It's a lot all at once, but when you see guys with like 5+ cheaper guitars it's pretty much the same spend.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
The Vanquish in my profile picture demands you apologize.

Bassnguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a regular Angel 6. Phenomenal guitar. However, I prefer 26.5 or 27" for my 7s. I'ma patiently wait... hopefully not too long now; maybe in 2-3 years

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
BariToms are back. Kind of reads like this might be a limited run thing. Looks to be the old school, no A Wedge neck joint variant too.

09-24-23N_fr_Baritom+Drop+Top_Ocean+Storm+Double+Wipeout+-+IG.jpg

You know, one of these tuned to F# and a 7 string Angel could perhaps make me switch from 8 strings... Sadly, it looks like there's no Blackheart fretboard option on these.

Last edited:

narad

Reaction score
BariToms are back. Kind of reads like this might be a limited run thing. Looks to be the old school, no A Wedge neck joint variant too.

09-24-23N_fr_Baritom+Drop+Top_Ocean+Storm+Double+Wipeout+-+IG.jpg

You know, one of these tuned to F# and a 7 string Angel could perhaps make me switch from 8 strings... Sadly, it looks like there's no Blackheart fretboard option on these.

A longer, 28.625” scale length which enables bigger strings to be tuned B to B, resounding a perfect 4th lower than a guitar at standard pitch. *Note: BariTom features our traditional, 4-Bolt neck joint.

Doesn't he mean smaller strings or is everything I learned about gauge and scale about to be upended?

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A longer, 28.625” scale length which enables bigger strings to be tuned B to B, resounding a perfect 4th lower than a guitar at standard pitch. *Note: BariTom features our traditional, 4-Bolt neck joint.

Doesn't he mean smaller strings or is everything I learned about gauge and scale about to be upended?
I think it's just moreso the idea that baritone = thicker strings because you're tuning down. Don't necessarily agree with the wording; that's not the benefits of a baritone, but it's technically correct?

')