Anderson 7 strings returning

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
So they teased it, but nothing has been mentioned at all since that post, or am I missing something?

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
So they teased it, but nothing has been mentioned at all since that post, or am I missing something?
Eh, it’s only been a few weeks since the announcement and they noted late summer/early fall for orders. I wouldn’t be too worried personally, but with today’s supply chain, who knows…

Giest

Never a tune you can dance to.
Reaction score
I have never played an Anderson. Thought they made windows. Google says it's a bakery. Can't win.

What kind of price range are they? Who do they directly compete with?

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I'm hoping they can be spec'd under $5k. I can swing that.

I recently spec’d an Angel Player with a dog hair finish and was quoted $4750. I’m guessing around a $500 upcharge on a similar 7. I was hoping they would do Guardian Angels and M pickups, but that doesn’t seem likely for either.

IwantTacos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

They don’t need to mention anything. They’ll be all sold out the day orders open.

Anderson owners never make a sound but they are all buying a shit ton of guitars all the time.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They don’t need to mention anything. They’ll be all sold out the day orders open.

Anderson owners never make a sound but they are all buying a shit ton of guitars all the time.

We'll see, it took a bit for all the 7s to sell last time, I know a few were hanging out on Reverb for months and months. But who knows these days.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I was hoping they would do Guardian Angels and M pickups, but that doesn’t seem likely for either.

The 7 string they teased on their Instagram/Guitar Tales is routed for a pickguard (look under his right knee). So I'd assume they're doing Guardian Angels.
4+Jason+24+frets+floor.jpg

protest

Reaction score
I'm hoping they can be spec'd under $5k. I can swing that.

Depends on the wood choices and some of the finish options, but it's generally difficult to get an Anderson over $5k. You typically spend a little less than 80% of the prices shown on the spec sheets. You'll definitely be running closer to $5k now than in the past, but you should be under for the most part.

I don't know if the 7 string model will have a massive upgrade charge, but I would think a solid body Basswood/Alder with a flame top will be under $5k.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
The 7 string they teased on their Instagram/Guitar Tales is routed for a pickguard (look under his right knee). So I'd assume they're doing Guardian Angels.
4+Jason+24+frets+floor.jpg

Nice catch.

I hope you're correct. The M Series being unlikely on the 7 was direct from the company.

I also should mention the Angel Player I mentioned earlier had some other things that added to the price.

Depending on the assumed increase in cost for the 7, it still seems very likely that one can be spec'd under $5K relatively easily if it's a straightforward build.

Beyond the Dog Hair and Swamp Ash upcharges, my build had a Chocolate Maple neck and Blackheart fretboard, sunken double looking Floyd, and black hardware. (One of the things that has always pissed me off about Anderson and Suhr is how much they charge for black hardware.)

Last edited:

protest

Reaction score
Nice catch.

I hope you're correct. The M Series being unlikely on the 7 was direct from the company.

I also should mention the Angel Player I mentioned earlier had some other things that added to the price.

Depending on the assumed increase in cost for the 7, it still seems very likely that one can be spec'd under $5K relatively easily if it's a straightforward build.

Beyond the Dog Hair and Swamp Ash upcharges, my build had a Chocolate Maple neck and Blackheart fretboard, sunken double looking Floyd, and black hardware. (One of the things that has always pissed me off about Anderson and Suhr is how much they charge for black hardware.)

Agreed on the black hardware!

Dog hair is a pretty sizable up charge IIRC. From what I remember these options are the expensive ones:

Mahogany Body
Natural Back
Quilt Top
Dog Hair finish
Bowling ball finish
Gold hardware
Hollow body
Heavy Relic

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Yeah. I had made mention of asking about a piece of Swamp Ash that had lots of figuring, so that may be why SA on this sheet was a hefty hit.

Honestly, if they do Guardian Angel 7s, I'd likely just have a 7 string, 24 fret Strat made basically. Would likely keep the Floyd, but chrome hardware on a Strat "tribute" is my preference. I don't know if I'd change the neck in anyway. I could easily see this build being in the low to mid $4K range.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
This is the closest thing to an Anderson thread as we have, so I’m posting this here. Love this finish and the ideas it gives.

Only 7 update I have is that Guardian Angel models may be available down the line after the initial introduction.

Attachments

• 39FD94E7-189E-43F7-9D22-7F5B9C99FA96.jpeg
    39FD94E7-189E-43F7-9D22-7F5B9C99FA96.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 95
Reaction score
I wonder what scale length these are going to be available in? Hopefully they'll do a 26.5.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
LEAKS LEAKS LEAKS LEAKS!!!!

*this is a request not an announcement

')