Anderson 7 strings returning

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stan P

Reaction score
I know. In the past they did 28.5 scale model called baritom. So it would not be a new concept for TAG.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Not a 7, but this finish is awesome. (It would be better with a matching or black finish on the back.)

Attachments

• 82450DB3-CDEA-4523-926B-1305B4EEE388.jpeg
    82450DB3-CDEA-4523-926B-1305B4EEE388.jpeg
    587.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 855A4927-B61A-417B-AC2C-249B497EBA3C.jpeg
    855A4927-B61A-417B-AC2C-249B497EBA3C.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 74
  • 8681C904-A141-4FF5-A987-A9A4F15C66F3.jpeg
    8681C904-A141-4FF5-A987-A9A4F15C66F3.jpeg
    597.5 KB · Views: 71

ian540s

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can any Anderson owners comment on the heel? I am not in the market for one, but always wonder why they go with 2 bolts on a pretty square block heel.
I don't think I'll ever own a boutique guitar unless I can make some very good friends that want to gift me one, but Anderson's always look class.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Can any Anderson owners comment on the heel? I am not in the market for one, but always wonder why they go with 2 bolts on a pretty square block heel.
I don't think I'll ever own a boutique guitar unless I can make some very good friends that want to gift me one, but Anderson's always look class.
Not an owner, but have played one recently. The heel isn't quite as good as a Suhr/AANJ-type but certainly doesn't really get in the way. The neck pocket is trapezoidal, and the neck can't move in it so two bolts does the job.

Stan P

Reaction score
It is their own design. They say it’s very stable and transfers very well. I do not get why people pay so much attention to accessibility. I never had a problem even with vintage bolt ones all the way up the neck. Narrow Cutaways give me more problems. I believe good sound coupling is more important. But it’s cool that we all like different things.
image-asset.jpeg

image-asset.jpeg

Stan P

Reaction score
Got it. I got small hands too, but I am barely using back of the neck. My thumb goes to the side below / along the neck.

SCJR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I do not get why people pay so much attention to accessibility. I never had a problem even with vintage bolt ones all the way up the neck. Narrow Cutaways give me more problems.

I try to remember how subjective this all can be - but I have to agree here. I don't think I've ever been so completely hindered by a neck joint on any guitar I've ever played to a point where I couldn't consider it a viable instrument for myself. Some are more comfortable than others for sure but I've never been bothered by even the infamous PRS or Strandberg designs.

This used to not be the case but there is a solution. I hate to default to the "proper" technique argument but once I forced myself to keep my thumb in classical position and stopped wrapping my it around the fretboard in any fashion it unlocked a level of comfortability on virtually every model I've picked up since. I think most players' issue with the Endurneck comes from not keeping the thumb in classical position. It is flat-out uncomfortable to wrap your thumb on that neck and the smaller your hands, the worse it is. Saying this as a Strandberg owner but not a Strandberg evangelist.

I did this 15 years into my playing so it's never too late. I highly recommend it.

edit: That's not to say that it isn't a little awkward at first but muscle memory really is amazing. It doesn't take that long to adjust.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
the infamous PRS
Everyone I've ever heard complain about this has been from looking at the guitar and saying "why don't they just chop it out it's so vintage it doesn't need to be there". I own a PRS and if you try to put your thumb where that heel is your palm will be blocked by the body. Your thumb has full access to everywhere it needs to be to play up to the 24th fret. In fact, if I put my thumb all the way in the little curve up to the heel I can lay my fingers down on the neck pickup. Internet complainers gonna complain - people should really pick up these guitars before making their judgements.

And on topic, I feel the same way about the Anderson joint - it's a bit ugly but it's definitely not in your way

Stan P

Reaction score
Internet complainers gonna complain - people should really pick up these guitars before making their judgements.
So true! After reading pages of people complaining about gear you listen to what they actually play and … the sad truth is - all modern guitars can make 1000 times better music than their owners.
And on topic, I feel the same way about the Anderson joint - it's a bit ugly but it's definitely not in your way
Also the fact that it transfers vibrations in 3 dimensions and stays in tune better - already makes it a better design. I do not have a TA but always wanted one. A longer scale 7 or short angel with a Floyd would be a dream.

oceanrose

Reaction score
These are so sick. I would ideally want to save up for one and may even consider unloading my current axe to fund it if only they came with 5 piece+ necks. Regardless i would still love to try one some day.

')