Andreas Kisser's old gear?

• Thread starter Monkeypriest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Monkeypriest

Reaction score
Could you help me to recognize the elements of the rack?, I just recognize the ADA preamp, but I can't identify the rest.

andreaskisser93.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Only thing I recognize is the ART Multiverb Alpha. Its on top of the Furman on the bottom of the rack.

EDIT: After some searching. I found that the bottom Furman unit is an AR-Pro Voltage Regulator.

http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?div=01&id=AR-PRO

EDIT2: And as for those 2 units above the EQ and tuner, I'm gonna guess and say they're a couple of Rocktron HUSH noise gates.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
EDIT: Someone covered the EQ; its a Rane ME-30.
EDIT: Someone found the power conditioner; Juice Goose 'Zilla Power 8L.

But yeah, his setup seems to be:
An ART X-11 MIDI footswitch that controls everything
2 JCM800's (either modified for more gain or as a power amp for the MP-1)
A Juice Goose 'Zilla Power 8L Power Conditioner
2 Rocktron HUSH's (He uses the HUSH Super C now)
A KORG DT-1 tuner
A Rane ME-30 EQ
An ADA MP-1 (OP already knew about this)
An ART Multiverb Alpha
A Furman AR Pro

EDIT3: If you're interested in the guitars, he's holding a Charvel Model 2 with an EMG 81 bridge pickup, and the guitar in front of the rack is a Jackson Professional Rhoads Pro w/ a EMG 81 bridge pickup and J50N neck pickup. :)

goatLuke

ss.org Noob
Reaction score
i can try and scope his gear when my band opens for sepultura and Death Angel on april 26th.:hbang: shameless plug I know but im real excited.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
i can try and scope his gear when my band opens for sepultura and Death Angel on april 26th.:hbang: shameless plug I know but im real excited.

I'm pretty sure he's using the Mesa Boogie stuff, specifically the Triaxis. I saw some video of him recording tracks for Karios and he was still using his old Strategy 500/Triaxis setup.
But he usually likes to hide his gear backstage. Can never find any video of his amps. :(

Spinedriver

Reaction score
The good news is that a lot of that rack gear shouldn't be too expensive. The hard part will be trying to track down a decent early 90's JCM800 without breaking the bank.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The good news is that a lot of that rack gear shouldn't be too expensive. The hard part will be trying to track down a decent early 90's JCM800 without breaking the bank.

Those can actually be found pretty cheap; around $400 - $700. And the good ones seem to be the SL-X and the MKIII models, which are less common then the Dual Reverbs, but can be found with a bit of hunting. :D

The EQ looks like a Rane ME30

f7b518c16b56deccfa2e8bda82d483a9.wix_mp_128

Looks like thats what the model is. :agreed:

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Those can actually be found pretty cheap; around $400 - $700. And the good ones seem to be the SL-X and the MKIII models, which are less common then the Dual Reverbs, but can be found with a bit of hunting. :D

f7b518c16b56deccfa2e8bda82d483a9.wix_mp_128

Looks like thats what the model is. :agreed:

I was referring to an original JCM800 from the 80's. The SL-X and MkIII are re-issues. I'm not saying that the newer ones aren't as good, it's just that the o.p. was saying that he was looking into getting the same gear Andreas was using at the time.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I was referring to an original JCM800 from the 80's. The SL-X and MkIII are re-issues. I'm not saying that the newer ones aren't as good, it's just that the o.p. was saying that he was looking into getting the same gear Andreas was using at the time.

Oooh, I misread and saw that as JCM900. :ugh:

My bad, carry on. :wallbash:

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Oooh, I misread and saw that as JCM900. :ugh:

My bad, carry on. :wallbash:

Don't feel too bad, there are a bunch of re-issues coming out that probably do sound better/have more options than the originals but I don't know if the o.p. is a 'purist' or not. He may specifically want an 80's version versus a newer one. Still, originals are going for $1,000 so it's not THAT bad.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Don't feel too bad, there are a bunch of re-issues coming out that probably do sound better/have more options than the originals but I don't know if the o.p. is a 'purist' or not. He may specifically want an 80's version versus a newer one. Still, originals are going for $1,000 so it's not THAT bad.

Well, from what I've heard I really don't think a Meteoro or a Mesa Triaxis/Strategy is far off from the classic Chaos AD tone. :D

The MAK is pretty fucking tight. Gives an Engl or a Mark V a run for its money. :eek:

But I'm really glad OP brought this up. Ever since I heard the song "Territory" a few years ago, I always wondered what was in Andreas' rig. Now I know. and I thank OP for that. :)

In fact... *Thank* :D

Scordare

Reaction score
After a bit of Googling...

The power conditioner is a Juice Goose 'Zilla Power 8L

zp8f.jpg

Shask

Reaction score
Interesting. I always thought the Mesa Mark III did a very good Chaos AD tone. A boosted mid scooped JCM800 works also, which is what I think Max was using. I know the Nailbomb CD from around the same time is straight up boosted mid scooped JCM800.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Interesting. I always thought the Mesa Mark III did a very good Chaos AD tone. A boosted mid scooped JCM800 works also, which is what I think Max was using. I know the Nailbomb CD from around the same time is straight up boosted mid scooped JCM800.

Even more, if you check out some of Nailbomb's "Live At Dynamo" videos, you'll see that they're using Marshalls live as well (not just in the studio).

')