Andy James Guitar Solo Contest entry Sam Bell

• Thread starter Zamm Bell
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zamm Bell

My name is Sam Bell
Reaction score
Here is my entry for the Andy James Guitar Solo Contest. Apologies for the poor sound quality.

I wrote the guitar harmony and intro chordy section. However, everything else is improvised on the fly. Please excuse my face expressions, i really can not help this, i really enjoy playing the guitar!

Thanks for watching. Please rate, comment, and subscribe. Thanks for your time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i personally watch the videos for your faces. then i rewatch it with the audio turned up :)

Reaction score
Sounds fucking awesome dude! :metal:
What facial expressions? I didn't notice :lol: jk

Zamm Bell

My name is Sam Bell
Reaction score
Well someone did say its "just fucking horrible", and i think it was a vendetta towards the playing combined with the facial expressions.

I might start a poll on best facial expressions from guitarists over the years!

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
why did you remove the iby logo from your guitar? by the way, i REALLY like your "hot lick" video. i have watched it about 20 times.

Zamm Bell

My name is Sam Bell
Reaction score
why did you remove the iby logo from your guitar? .

I had to use foam behind the nut when doing some band recordings recently on my 6 and 7 because strings were "resonating" in places where i diddnt want them, so i went crazy with electric tape. I guess i quite liked how it looked....from a distance! Dont get me wrong though, i do love ibanez. :flame:

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i was just wondering. it looks really intruiging like that. like "wow, why is his ibanez missing the name", maybe its some speical lacs or he built it" type mystery going on lol. and i think the reason you got turned down before like you said is because the band didnt want to be "showed up" cuz you fucking KILL maing!

Zamm Bell

My name is Sam Bell
Reaction score
In my own simple way, i like to pretend my guitar is a "blackmachine".

I think the band found me uncomfortable to be around when i was playing, it was kinda like the crazy guy who has birds coming out of his trousers sitting next to you on the bus, and everyone pretends hes not there.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
those are birds comin out of my pants maing, and i know how you feel :( hell i would have you in my band just for the faces you make, and you would have to act likke you do in that (shred lesson)video either everytime we are on stage or when anyone is around. hell you might even get to play guitar if everyone else gets to practice like 10 years to keep up with you :)

Reaction score
hell i would have you in my band just for the faces you make, and you would have to act likke you do in that (shred lesson)video either everytime we are on stage or when anyone is around.

Yeah man for real. If I saw a guy shredding his ass off at a concert and he was makin those faces I'd be like 'this is my new favorite band' period.

Its like watching that 70s band focus live. their singer made some whack faces and everyone ate it up

onefingersweep

Reaction score
Well someone did say its "just fucking horrible", and i think it was a vendetta towards the playing combined with the facial expressions.

I might start a poll on best facial expressions from guitarists over the years!

Nice playing, some sick stuff in there.

Facial expressions are great. My vote goes for Scott Henderson :lol:

')