Andy Sneap presets - S2.0

• Thread starter Leec
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

haukurhannes

Reaction score
I'm having some troubles with this, I upgraded to 2.2.2, bought the presets (actually both of the S2.0 Allen Morgan presets along with the Andy Sneap ones), installed ... and nothing's showing up in the dropdown ... a little help? :*

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Just downloaded them. The best presets I've encountered so far. The Testament one is really nice. If you got something better, post it goddamn it! :squint: :lol:

It's not perfect, IMHO (there's some slight balancing/panning issues, and his choices of when to bleed and when not to are not my gig) but the processing is done "right" getting things punchy and "in the room" without sounding over effected. Mainly proper compression and EQ. :yesway: Completely worth the nine bucks. :agreed:

Here's a little test I did:
deely - S2.0 presets by Andy Sneap - SoundCloud

Hear how fucking good this sounds?! :cool: Also hear how hard panned, and loud that low floor tom is! :ugh:

haukurhannes

Reaction score

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
Right, I finally got around to sticking a test of sorts together.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12437848/AndySneapSamples.mp3

The order of presets used is as follows:
  1. Alaska
  2. Atrocity
  3. Deutsche Ballad
  4. Legacy
  5. Teutonic
  6. my kit

On some of these presets, it's clearly not a fair test. The drums aren't meant to be played in this way for them. But it does seem that some of the presets we get have far more room and ambient mic than the actual Toontrack audio samples showcased. And it also shows how not ready right-out-the-box these are, so to speak. A couple of them sound ok, but most would need significant changes to work. At least that's the case with that little bit I recorded there.

eric_was

Reaction score
I had never added the Avatar kit to any of my presets. So how Andy has utilised and use the different kits is amazing.
Im loving the Bleed and the Chamber mic work- How they have been used to replica verb and such- Absolute gold!

If anyone has made better presets using the Andy style, i would love to see them.

')