Anhur, Slayer of Enemies...Egyptian themed death metal

• Thread starter wretchedspawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wretchedspawn

Conquering theThrone
Reaction score
Me and the other guitarist recorded this at around 3ish in the morning on Saturday...I believe this also contributed to the really sloppy playing. There will be a version with vocals later but there are no lyrics yet. Ignore the song entitled Legions of Set. It was horribly recorded, levels are WAY off, overall shitty job done on that one. With Anhur we used a vocal mic to record (It's all we have for now, ok?) Edited and mixed with Tracktion 2. Axes were a Schecter Blackjack and Hellraiser through a Spider II and a 4x12 along with our various pedals. Drums where done in FL Studio Producer Edition. I was fairly pleased with it being only our 2nd mix ever. We gotta start somewhere. Any and all criticism is welcome wether it be constructive or if you just wanna let us know you think it's shit. Some pointers on how to get a better mix would be nice though. Thanks, for listening. http://myspace.com/conqueringthethrone

~Conquering the Throne:hbang:
<!-- / message -->

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I took a listen. Wow. You really are a wretched spawn! :eek:

Just kidding. ;) I didn't really hear too much Egyptian sounds in there. Sounded more like straight-up death metal to me. The only part that sounded Egyptian was the later part of the middle section (solo-section).

I like how the song sounds, but the sound levels are pretty messed up. 'n' stuff.

wretchedspawn

Conquering theThrone
Reaction score
Yeah, I know there isn't a lot of Egyptian sounding stuff in it but we're not trying to do it too much and end up just sounding like a rip off of Nile. As I said it was only our second mix so I pretty much expected to here about something being off. Any tips on what I can do to make it better? And thanks for listening.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Yeah, I know there isn't a lot of Egyptian sounding stuff in it but we're not trying to do it too much and end up just sounding like a rip off of Nile. As I said it was only our second mix so I pretty much expected to here about something being off. Any tips on what I can do to make it better? And thanks for listening.

:lol: I tend to love scales like harmonic minor and any scale that sounds exotic (such as the Hirajoshi). A lot of the solos I play end up sounding kind of Egyptian and sometimes the other guitarist in my band starts playing a solo and it sounds Egyptian. Sometimes we joke about it. The other guitarist says, "Maybe we should change our band name." And I say, "Well, we can't name our band 'Nile.' Probably should go a little lighter on the Egyptian sounding stuff. :D"

wretchedspawn

Conquering theThrone
Reaction score
Wow, I listened to the song in our new bassists car the other day and all you could hear was the kick drum even when he turned down the bass on his system. I guess my speakers at home don't have much of a bass response.

')