Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
I saw them with Intronaut and Meshuggah on the 15th, it was an awesome show to say the least! AAL played New Eden for the first time ever live, Tosin brought out the Rick Toone for it. Definitely a huge surprise!

Here's CAFO, recorded on my phone (so mono sound... :():

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Just started listening to AAL newer stuff. I'm really diggin the jazz feel to some of the songs.

I've actually been playing it at work and haven't been scared that some screaming death metal voice is going to offend someone who walks in the room.

I assume when you say 'newer stuff' you're referring to Weightless? Or am I missing something...

Check out Javier's EP, I wish it was longer. I pretty much proves to me that all the stuff I really loved on Weightless was Javier's and it's probably his influence that lead me to prefer Weightless to the ST.

I think I'm a Reyes fan. I think.

Anyway, back to the point, there isn't a preview or something I'm not seeing, is there?

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
Although I love both albums quite a bit, I think the first one is my favorite. The songwriting, arrangements, guitar tones... it takes the cake for me. I really love how the tones sound on the first album. It has a slight grittiness to it.

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
Although I love both albums quite a bit, I think the first one is my favorite. The songwriting, arrangements, guitar tones... it takes the cake for me. I really love how the tones sound on the first album. It has a slight grittiness to it.
I agree 100%.

Although I love Javiers style and the Mestis EP is phenomenal I must say I dug the first album more.

It wasn't because of the change of sound so much as feeling Weightless was a bit...lost. If that makes sense.

Kinda like it lacked a direction or had an unfinished quality about it. Can't really find a decent way to describe it.

elnyrb10

fly you fools
Reaction score
Im just getting over the friday night show w/ meshuggah and intronaut. i am still in shock. i never thought i could love something so much.

taking away the fanboy remarks, i thought matt's performance was out of this world. i never really thought he was anything too special, just a crafty drummer from Berklee and maybe navene was still better but jesus h christ matt was incredible. really loved his improvised stuff during the set.

Alex C

Reaction score
I'm seeing them on Thursday, and this thread is getting me pumped! I'll report back on the status of any new material.

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
Just saw them last night. They were amazing but tosins rig cut out like 3 or 4 times and we missed out on alot of the good parts do to that and thy had to take like a 10 minute break to figure out what the problem was. Sucked but they were still amazing. Plus during that break matt busted out a sick drum solo. I would 100% love to see them again.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Just saw them last night. They were amazing but tosins rig cut out like 3 or 4 times and we missed out on alot of the good parts do to that and thy had to take like a 10 minute break to figure out what the problem was. Sucked but they were still amazing. Plus during that break matt busted out a sick drum solo. I would 100% love to see them again.

The show must go on!:bowdown:

Orsinium

Reaction score
Saw them a couple weeks back on the meshuggah ophidian trek tour picture with javier, my friend (his first concert,hell of a concert to see as your first if you ask me) and myself. Awesome guy talked for a bit but Javier's eyes are closed :noplease: oh well. I got another picture but the lighting is really terrible in comparison.
EDIT: I am the one with the hair obviously.

Attachments

• Javier, josh, and I.jpg
    Javier, josh, and I.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 76

anomynous

Reaction score
Saw them the other night.

Matt is a much better fit than Navene. Navene's an excellent drummer, but he never seemed to be too "into" AAL.

')