Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

AugmentedFourth

X:1 K:C [c^f]|
Reaction score
Animals as Leaders, via Facebook & Twitter:

UK People! Get the new Rock Sound Magazine to listen to a new Animals as Leaders song!

Not this crap again... Oh well, still worth it in my opinion :lol:
Although I myself will be waiting for it to be leaked to YT or whatever. :shrug:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
tumblr_ml2xb5Eudx1qasvg8o1_500.png

Had to share, still laughing :lol:

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Thats no good. I'm pretty sure about 2% of AaL fans heard the last two songs that Tosin and Misha released that way.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
IDK... we get Slayer like 8 times a year.

There are some seriously awesome metal bands in Maine right now though, best it has ever been imo. Last Chance, Ruin, Sawtopsy, Ripfence, Living Impaired. Too bad most of Maine thinks this is Portland, Oregon and not Portland, Maine.

Yeah, slayer with no Hanneman isn't really slayer, though :wallbash:

And as for bands in the state, my comment about the last good band I saw was talking about national bands. Theres a shit-ton of local talent around. Last Chance (minus the fact that they're essentially broken up), Falls of Rauros, Waranimal, Hessian, Values, Holy Filth. The list goes on.

Back on topic, the chances of AAL ever coming here is pretty damn slim :lol:

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
Saw AAL perform at NAMM at the Tama 40th Anniversary Show. Matt Garstka is one insanely good drummer.

codync

Reaction score
Animals as Leaders, via Facebook & Twitter:

Not this crap again... Oh well, still worth it in my opinion :lol:
Although I myself will be waiting for it to be leaked to YT or whatever. :shrug:

I've been searching Google and YouTube for "animals as leaders" results from the past 24 hours ever since they announced this. It's gotta turn up soon!

bulb

Reaction score
You guys should be excited, it's one of my personal favorites from the new album!

Apatheosis

Reaction score
Oh man, this is awkward now that Bulb is lurking this thread :lol:

I'll be attending a lesson with Tosin on Sunday at the Melbourne leg of the Periphery tour and I have absolutely no idea what I should ask him or talk to him about or anything. He's my idol and has been for so many years...

I'm also attending the hang-out/meet and greet before the show. I'm going to grab as many pictures of me meeting him as my pride can handle and definitely get him to sign my Strandberg Boden 8 on the backplate.

To make things even more bizarre I am also bringing along one of Perry Ormsby's 2013 Hypemachines to see how Tosin will take to it - this is kind of a last minute thing that came up when the co-ordinator of the 2014 run was alerted to the fact that I would be attending the mini-clinic.

It's going to be a really crazy weekend, without a doubt. Sorry for the personal blog entry, I figured this thread was most appropriate for voicing my bewilderment at my current situation.

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
This all seems weird. Just a couple pages back Misha said, in December that they were still recording the album, now it's almost February and they've released a song, but to the UK. And their album release tour starts at the end of Feb but there aren't even preorders out yet.

I just want to know when I can hear the new music!

codync

Reaction score
You guys should be excited, it's one of my personal favorites from the new album!

What's the song called mang? Can't WAIT for this release! And we don't even have an album title or artwork yet! :cool:

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
As much as I enjoyed the first album and to a lesser extent the second album. I'm not sure if I am ready for another instrumental album on my radar. Same reason I have not gotten into awesome bands like scale the summit and pomegranate tiger.

elnyrb10

fly you fools
Reaction score
As much as I enjoyed the first album and to a lesser extent the second album. I'm not sure if I am ready for another instrumental album on my radar. Same reason I have not gotten into awesome bands like scale the summit and pomegranate tiger.

AAL just does something for me that those other instrumental bands like scale the summit and polyphia don't. like both animals as leaders are in my top ten albums and always will be and i seriously love everything single song because they are like an open ended question that i can keep finding different answers to. all the other instrumental bands just have song heavy riffs without a memorable lead line over it then a clean section and then more solos. animals just floats my boat i guess :bowdown:

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
AAL just does something for me that those other instrumental bands like scale the summit and polyphia don't. like both animals as leaders are in my top ten albums and always will be and i seriously love everything single song because they are like an open ended question that i can keep finding different answers to. all the other instrumental bands just have song heavy riffs without a memorable lead line over it then a clean section and then more solos. animals just floats my boat i guess :bowdown:

If I'm going to listen to an instrumental band, I need more than just great technique and genre conventions. I feel that AAL does this really well. There's no band you can point to as an incredibly obvious inspiration for their sound, whereas many other bands sound like generic shit without a vocalist at worst, to impressive but somehow lacking at best. I think the only other instrumental band I would really go out of my way to see would be CHON! for a similar reason.

Latest posts

')