Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Sounds like AAL.

There's the abandonist we know and love. I was starting to lose you in all the sensible posts. :lol:

I like what I'm hearing. Seems like AAL went with a toned-down approach to this song. It's not as showy as the self-titled, or thumpy as their second release. I feel like I could learn this song, which is new for me!

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
One of their better efforts from a songwriting standpoint imo. Still doesn't quite do it for me, but I could listen to it more than once at least.

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
fun to play along to this. (the parts that i can after a listen) Just heard the song today finally. Cool Sound!. The main riff at the beginning is pretty easy, which I am happy that they have a song in the realm of human playability. I want to sit down and figure out the clean parts maybe next weekend if no one does first. I have a marathon this weekend or else I would do it then.

My favorite little section of the song is here. Goes hard. This is how I tabbed it, but play the notes wherever you like!

PS- this probably looks like garbage on a cell phone. Just saw that on mine.

3:26 - 3:45

5----------------6--------------------------------------------------6-----------------------------
6--------------------------------------7---3-2(bend)------------------------------7--3-2(bend)
7---------3---4---------7--3--8---4-----------------3------3---4-------7-3-8--4---------3----
8--0-1-4---3-----6--7----------6-------3-------------6--3---3-----6-7-------6----3-------6--

Dropsonic

Black Hole Refugee
Reaction score
Posted on their facebook :

photo.php
photo.php

avinu

Reaction score
Posted on their facebook :

photo.php
photo.php

Is that suppose to be a micro organism or something?

From what I've heard I think this might be my favorite album. I mean I loveeeeee this band's prior stuff. They're one of my favorites. I never thought I'd say this but I'd like to hear a more "watered down" effort from AAL. I think a more digestible album is in order this time around and I think that's what we just might get.

anomynous

Reaction score
Animals As Leaders To Release 'The Joy Of Motion' In March - Blabbermouth.net

"I think some of the new tracks are some of AAL's strongest and musical material yet and extremely happy with how the album came out. Everyone who took part with this album (Misha Mansoor (Periphery), Adam Getgood (Periphery), Diego Farias (Volumes), and Navene Koperweis is extremely talented and I think we've done a great job of capturing it onto what is now the third Animals as Leaders album."

Wonder what Navene did
States Reyes: "I think some of the new tracks are some of ANIMALS AS LEADERS' strongest and musical material yet, and [I am] extremely happy with how the album came out.
"Everyone who took part in this album — Misha Mansoor (PERIPHERY), Adam Getgood (PERIPHERY), Diego Farias (VOLUMES) and Navene Koperweis — is extremely talented and I think we've done a great job of capturing it onto what is now the third ANIMALS AS LEADERS album."

Read more at Animals As Leaders To Release 'The Joy Of Motion' In March - Blabbermouth.net

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
It took me about 10 seconds to realise who Adam Getgood is.

I blame the Periphery thread.

I heard the leaked track and honestly wasn't that impressed, but then the Sumerian clip showed up, and I'm excited as anything now. It sounds a lot more like the stuff that got me into AAL in the first place (Point to Point, Modern Meat).

Latest posts

')