Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
I'm gonna buy the album. Anybody complaining that they are bringing their best with what has been posted so far is just looking to hate them.

Igotsoul4u

Reaction score
I cannot stand the sound of the drums. Sounds like a robot. Quantization overkill. The song is cool but not blowing me away. sounds like a steve vai thing.

isispelican

Reaction score
Too early to tell but it looks like the BOO-TWDA case, where half of the album was a complete sellout and the other half was great. REALLY disappointed with this track!

SD83

Reaction score
New track!

I never listened to the second record, but the first one, at least to me, sounded more like a demonstration of what Tosin was able to without anything remotly resembling a "song". Really impressive as a musician, and it actually sounded good, but nothing memorable...
This song on the other hand... wow. Sounds great, not in a "how do you play this with just 2 hands?" way, but as a song. Maybe I just never understood the old stuff. Maybe I should not have stopped trying after 2 or 3 spins. This one immediatly clicked. Good stuff :)

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
46183451.jpg

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
I like it. You people should know by now that AAL albums have a lot of variety. Sounds pretty bad because of the YouTube quality, though.

Paul Gilbert

newborn baby
Reaction score
Enjoyed both of their albums particularly the second one, it's a nice album to chill out to without things being way over the top y'know. I like that they have some variety going on.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
It's live drums. They even posted the video of the drums being tracked a couple months back.

Lol, quantizing can and will be applied on live recorded drums in modern production.

That being said, I think the drums sound awesome. That short, but high attack sounds so damn aggressive, but still leaves so much space open for the rest of the mix.

And the song is solid as well. Just overall, great job - can't wait for the album.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
yeah, just because a drummer records into microphones doesn't mean that's what you're gonna hear in the final product either.....

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
In b4 people start judging the album based on 2 songs

Sumerian definitely leads with the djentiest sumerian-core songs on the album so while I don't doubt there will be other, better stuff on there... these songs are really not what I want to hear from these guys. Best VoM song ever for sure. Mix is super sick tho

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe it will grow on me, but listening to that 2nd track really does nothing for me.

That said I'm a huge fan of the band so I'll definitely be buying the album.

Latest posts

')