Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheHereticSlade

Reaction score
Tooth and Claw is probably on par for the best well rounded song they've made (along with wave of babies), because it sounds like an

actual song

The breakdown is very volumes-y, the solos have excellent tone and phrasing and sounds like the vibrato has improved considerably.

Song seems like its more about a well written structure, excellent transitions, amazing guitar/drum tone drum groove, production and production fx serve the song beautifully, the 'ambient' section is tasteful and fluid.

In comparison to old stuff, this is way ahead. Clean riff, repeat 46927945794239 times, half way through add distorted guitar that copies riff 49725890742524 times.

This song actually prog metal.

I agree, the two released songs flow alot better. The previous album Weightless didn't really stick to me because I felt it lacked flow and cohesion. I'm super hyped for this album dudes :shred:

So cool that Misha and Nolly are helping out:yesway:

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Speaking of absolutely nothing, Tosins full name is amazing: Oluwatosin Ayoyinka Olumide Abasi

Sebski

Reaction score
I actually really like Tooth and Claw. One of my favourites. I dont get why breakdowns are like taboo. I mean, in the context of the song it fits really well, in my opinion at least I just wish the melodic chordy bit dragged on a bit longer because I was really enjoying the chord sequence but then it just stops.

The mix is absolutely quality so fair play to Nolly.

Lippincott on the other hand is a bit dull, nothing memorable in that one for me.

getowned7474

Neck_Pro
Reaction score
Saw them last night in tampa! They seemed WAY heavier live than in recordings.Tosins playing was incredibly clean way better than I was expecting . They also played a new song called cascade, honestly I don't remember much because I was tired and I have a horrible memory, though I remember the chord progression being pretty cool.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Yeah, they also had almost all of their gear cutting out on them the entire set :/

getowned7474

Neck_Pro
Reaction score
Yeah that sucked but after a song or two Tosins guitar sounded fine. And he has his cluster of f***'s fixed, and then the screens went out. I assume it was an issue with the venue because after the buriel had a power outage for a min.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it was too, but even on the 2nd to last song right before Cafo, their amps went out too and they looked at Matt and he just shrugged and kept playing lol. That happened pretty much every song they played. It definitely did during on Impulse and when they started playing Cafo they didn't have their backing track and were all like :l

getowned7474

Neck_Pro
Reaction score
Yup, they played it off pretty well though and I still enjoyed It. I probably missed half of the technicalities because I was so tired after nearly five hours of standing up. (this was my first concert and I do no physical activity so It hurts to stand that long) I enjoyed it though and it certainly was worth $15.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
This was my third time seeing them with the first time being the best. Still a decent show though even though I'm not a fan of ATB to say the least. Chon were incredible as well. I was very impressed by them.

KingTriton

Reaction score
TRACKLIST!

1. Kascade
2. Lippincott
3. Air Chrysalis
4. Another Year
5. Physical Education
6. Tooth and Claw
7. Crescent
8. The Future That Awaited Me
9. Para Mexer
10. The Woven Web
11. Mind-Spun
12. Nephele

Merge

Reaction score
Is anyone in the Baltimore/D.C area going to the show on Thursday night??

jsl2h90

Reaction score
I went to the show tonight in Atlanta and a buddy of mine filmed most of the set. This one is called "Physical Education."

thearistocat

Reaction score
So what order did the bands play in? I might be late to the Detroit show and I don't really want to show up and learn that I missed AAL. I'm assuming they were last?

')