Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Good to hear you'll make it! Enjoy the show, then! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
AAL killed it in Detroit last night. I was a bit sad that ATB only played about 4-5 songs.

ScottyB724

Reaction score
Yeah Javier with the Strandberg and Tosin with the Rick Toone. When they busted those bad boys out someone yelled "Whoa that thing looks like a piece of fucking driftwood!"
:lol:

ayaotd

Reaction score
In Toronto they played a song called Cascade. I'm really excited to hear the new album in it's entirety.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Hahaha :lol: yeah, even one of my friends that I took to the show (who doesn't know much about guitars, but who is very good at grasping the concept of the different possible guitar designs, i.e. fanned frets, headless, locking systems, etc.) was astonished by it. He really, really liked the Toone. And so did I. It's a very stunning instrument to see in person! Like a beautiful piece of driftwood that was naturally meant to be a guitar from the beginning.

thearistocat

Reaction score
AAL killed it in Detroit last night. I was a bit sad that ATB only played about 4-5 songs.

AAL was great, although they weren't on for very long :( The new songs they played were all great, especially Physical Education. I agree with whoever said it earlier: Tooth and Claw is a great live song. Only problem is that I missed Chon...

DTay47

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that at their shows neither Tosin or Javier use the locking nut on their guitars? They both just tune at the headstock, not at the bridge... so this makes me wonder if it was Tosin's choice to put the FX Edge III on the TAM or Ibanez made that decision for them.
On a fun related note, when Javier brought out the Strandberg he went to tune at the headstock and was super confused for a few seconds, then laughed at himself.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
They may be trying different things out, because they did have their guitars locked at the show in Montreal, as seen in the attached photo. It's blurry, but you can clearly see locking nut. I also specifically remember seeing Tosin tuning at the bridge.

Attachments

• 20140304_221847.jpg
    20140304_221847.jpg
    770.2 KB · Views: 87

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
They probably do what most other people are doing, block the trem so you can have a "hardtail" with fine tuners.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Does anybody know what string gauges Tosin is using? I don't know if Misha is some kind of magical producing wizard or not, because I have no idea how they get Drop E on a 27 inch scale so damn tight.

Altar

Reaction score
I'll be there as well! Can't wait for that.

And I as well, with a friend. We should all meet up at the show...

So ....ing excited. I need it to be tomorrow right now.

Any idea whether we can bring shit? I was hoping to bring a couple cymbals to get them signed by the Matts.

Merge

Reaction score
And I as well, with a friend. We should all meet up at the show...

So ....ing excited. I need it to be tomorrow right now.

Any idea whether we can bring shit? I was hoping to bring a couple cymbals to get them signed by the Matts.

A guy at the Baltimore show brought a guitar and had it signed.

')