Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

Big_taco

Reaction score
Holy shit, this album ....ing rules. The writing is on point and the production is beyond stellar. So many catchy licks and melodies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
With the handheld zoom(?) camera?

No xD

At some point I was recording with my android phone...

I had glasses on for some of it.. During the clinic I held a leather jacket over my head cause my ears were bleeding :p

I had a black shirt on during the concert though.

Altar

Reaction score
I had a black shirt on during the concert though.

Well, that sets you apart.:fawk:

I do believe I recall seeing you with a jacket over your head.. ;) Next concert, I want the Austin peeplez to hang.

avinu

Reaction score
This album overall seems like a huge step up imo.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy shit. I'm already LOVING this on a first listen basis. It took me so long to get into Weightless, too. I'm on The Future That Awaited Me and I don't think I can pick a favorite song so far, although I did have to listen to Another Year twice in a row because I couldn't really unglue my jaw from the floor.

EDIT: right, so Mind Spun just kicked my ass. :eek::eek::eek:

EDIT 2: Pre-ordered that bad boy.

Last edited:

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Those last three songs are really awesome. Especially tracks 10 and 11 (don't know the names yet).

AugmentedFourth

X:1 K:C [c^f]|
Reaction score
I've previously decided that with bands like AAL, Mestís, Tigran Hamsyan, and other similarly complex musics that I decline any actual voiced judgments until about 3-4 weeks of non-stop listening through the album every day.

Seriously, stuff like this it's insane how many new things you hear and tangled hierarchies you uncover after listening to something 60 times.

elnyrb10

fly you fools
Reaction score
well, its official, i love every track aal has ever put out to date. this album is ....ing amazing upon first listen! and this confirms it: I'm getting an animals as leaders tattoo

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Can I just come in here with a little statement?

The new album is ridiculous between everything and anything always at all times going back to the past and future present.

What I'm saying is that it's grabbing me by the heart and shaking things within me.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
I'm on track 6 or 7. My review so far:

:scream: :scream2: :scream: :scream2: :scream:

Better than I expected, even. It'll probably be a shoe-in for my "Top Metal Albums of 2014" list.

thearistocat

Reaction score
Thumping in Woven Web = my math homework for the night :). WTF this album is too cool.

JoeyW

Reaction score
After a few listens I think I can safely say that in my opinion this is by far their best effort in terms of playing, writing, and production.

Cyn__Theia

They freak you out
Reaction score
5 tracks in and I already know this album is so good. They give you 3 tracks to adjust and then...Another Year is where they really start scaring your concept of "groove" or "fusion".

Kiwimetal101

'Tread Lightly'
Reaction score
Sitting at uni wanting to wrap my ears around this, saw the tracks on youtube before I left, but is there anywhere else to listen with better quality? If y'all could pm me something I would love you long time..

jimwratt

Reaction score
My first thought at hearing Physical Education was "holy crap, it's the Prog metal 'low rider song' in the most awesome way possible!"

')