Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PoonMasterMaster

Reaction score
HOLY SHIT this has far exceeded all of my expectations. I don't know what to do with myself, I think I need some alone time

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Sitting at uni wanting to wrap my ears around this, saw the tracks on youtube before I left, but is there anywhere else to listen with better quality? If y'all could pm me something I would love you long time..

High quality video on Youtube is the best audio quality you'll get for a few more days.

MartinMTL

Reaction score
I've previously decided that with bands like AAL, Mestís, Tigran Hamsyan, and other similarly complex musics that I decline any actual voiced judgments until about 3-4 weeks of non-stop listening through the album every day.

Seriously, stuff like this it's insane how many new things you hear and tangled hierarchies you uncover after listening to something 60 times.

I don't know if I would compare AAL to Tigran Hamasyan, but yeah, I will definitely have to listen to it quite a bit. I am liking it on my first listen though.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
So far, I'm a third of the way through the album. It's definitely up there for me, along with the self-titled. Unless we get a surprise and Periphery drops Juggernaut later this year, this is probably gonna get AOTY from me.

Kiwimetal101

'Tread Lightly'
Reaction score
It just makes me so happy, the little lick before the hook comes back in at the end of physical education is pure genius and I actually laughed in amazement.

Its gonna take me a couple of listens to get a good understanding of it, but god dam they have knocked it out of the mother facking ball park this time

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I just got the regular CD alone, since I already bought an AAL t-shirt at the gig the other day and another t-shirt from Navene, and I've been spending way too much lately. I was about to get the bundle with the hoodie with numbers though. I loved the design on that one.

wankerness

Reaction score
I don't know if I would compare AAL to Tigran Hamasyan, but yeah, I will definitely have to listen to it quite a bit. I am liking it on my first listen though.

Yeah, I'm not really hearing any similarity there. His last one was easily my favorite album of the last 15 years, this looks like it may be in my top 25 or so! This is pretty great though. I'd say it's probably their best album, though I guess we'll see if anything sticks with me for years like a few tracks off the debut have. The big thing it has over the debut is that it's got way more material and none of the tracks are "transition" tracks. Also, the guitars sound a LOT better. I think every track is really good besides the one with "Future" in it and maybe that spanish guitar one. Kaskade and Another Year and Nephele stand out as my favorites on first listen but basically everything is non-stop awesome. Physical Education is particularly creative. Favorite riff is probably that ridiculous slappy thing in Woven Web at about 1:30.

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not really hearing any similarity there. His last one was easily my favorite album of the last 15 years, this looks like it may be in my top 25 or so! This is pretty great though. I'd say it's probably their best album, though I guess we'll see if anything sticks with me for years like a few tracks off the debut have. The big thing it has over the debut is that it's got way more material and none of the tracks are "transition" tracks. Also, the guitars sound a LOT better. I think every track is really good besides the one with "Future" in it and maybe that spanish guitar one. Kaskade and Another Year and Nephele stand out as my favorites on first listen but basically everything is non-stop awesome. Physical Education is particularly creative. Favorite riff is probably that ridiculous slappy thing in Woven Web at about 1:30.

Physical education is really cool.

I was surprised on that one- Javier was playing the leads.

It's a really unique track.:hbang:

wankerness

Reaction score
The problem with this album is that I preordered a legit copy and thus don't really want to listen to it too much on youtube before I get it, but it was sold on merchdirect so it could be a month or two!:hbang:

Cnev

Reaction score
Very drastic leap in maturity from their previous music. Dare I say this is the album I was quietly hoping they would end up making. Granted, I've only listened to it once, but i can't imagine it becoming worse over repeated listens. Amazing at what these guys are achieving musically.

Ed_Ibanez_Shred

Baritone sixes
Reaction score
It just makes me so happy, the little lick before the hook comes back in at the end of physical education is pure genius and I actually laughed in amazement.

Its gonna take me a couple of listens to get a good understanding of it, but god dam they have knocked it out of the mother facking ball park this time

Totally agree, I had one of those moments when listening to the end of nephele. That rifff... AND just after 3:24 in lipincott, another killer riff

')