Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

big_aug

Reaction score
Man, what a great album all the way through. I'm enjoying it so much. I loved Para Mexer after some of the previous songs. Just a great tune. Excellent job by AAL again.

Nephele just straight ....ing rocks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Timelesseer

Reaction score
Extremely impressed with this album. I loved the first album, thought Weightless was 'meh', but the production and grooves of the new album are just amazing. I've been listening to the videos on Youtube nonstop since they put them up. Can't wait to get my physical copy in! I can finally take Altered State out of my car's cd player :yesway:

Supernaut

Reaction score
Man I love this new album. The older material intrigued me, but never grabbed me, I always found it pretty impenetrable.

This album though, the grooves and the melodies, have such an immediacy to them. Really killer album that's opened my eyes to what you can do with an 8 string.

5/5 album for me.

alchemyst

Reaction score
Been listening to the new album for the last two days and it sounds killer. AAL delivered again. :hbang:Also really liking the production on this one.:yesway:

wankerness

Reaction score
Wow, I got the poster and album today from merchdirect, right on the release date and everything! I guess all the warnings were unwarranted.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
This diagram though.

image.jpg

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
lol, the one time they've done their job right

Amen to that man! They literally skipped my order for Periphery's Clear. I had to contact them a month after the release and they said they completely skipped over it. Last time I ordered through them the poster came 3 months after the fact... I really avoid using them whenever possible, which is why I grabbed my The Joy of Motion CD off of Amazon, atleast they're reliable :yesway:

wankerness

Reaction score
Haha yeah I remembered a TON of complaints about them in the past and a bunch of people saying that I'd probably get this cd in a month from now. Oh well, guess I got lucky.

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
New album is freaking sick....

But people seriously need to be aware of this.

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah dude Finowa is fvcking awesome, I'm surprised he isn't bigger than he currently is, dudes been making awesome vids for years.

Why is that name so familiar?! He has 1000 videos so now I have no idea what I remember of his. I feel like I must have seen stuff of his way back in like 2005 on the opeth forum or something.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
I have been listening to it since this morning, and my reaction is HOLY SHIT! I think this release is easily my favorite from AAL. As for P.E. it reminds me a lot (the groove) with Primus stuff, I definitely hear a Les Claypool influence on a lot of the grooves on JOM. So far, a masterpiece, no favorites yet.

This year has been amazing so far, Cynic, Conquering Dystopia, then AAL, and anticipating a new Obscura later this yr, a new Freak Kitchen, a new Christian Muenzner....AND....hopefully a new Beyond Creation. It's gonna be too much :D

Pweaks

Reaction score
I think the solo for Ka$cade is my favorite out of all the AAL solos. The opening gives me chills every time!

')