Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
what was mentioned above is very likely. but also, the axe fx II has a built in metronome that can be assigned tap-tempo and toggled on/off with MIDI CC numbers.

80H

Banned
Reaction score
Literally getting called a djent hipster, Californ
"TOSIN WAN KENOBI"

ta_03-black-scarf_0110_w1_web.jpg

"i need a sweater. f*ck the front of it though. i dont need that shit. just cut the whole f*cking thing off. sleeves? i dont want normal sleeves. i want corduroy. no just the material. i know its not pants. im going to use the pants as the scarf. so read that back to me. yep, sleeves like pants, scarf actually pants, f*ck the front. someone get me my guitar. i need to take a f*cking picture goddamn look at me. someone get me my sumo pants."

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Never would've thought that Tosin would be such a Malmsteen fan.

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
They didn't.

King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Rush- that era created it.

Also he did mention previously in interviews that Petrucci was a huge influence on him.

No big surprise there :)
Well I know that, but DT is still an innovator in their genre. Anyway, was just saying it doesn't come across as a comment where you'd expect him to pick DT for one of his top albums.

I didn't see the other one where he mentions Petrucci. Good stuff.

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
So I know this is a dumb place to ask, but would anyone out there be interested in putting a dollar or two towards a crowd tilt to get AAL out here to Okinawa as a headliner for Rocktoberfest Japan?

It's a 2 day event for the US military stationed out here and we frankly won't have the funds to cover AAL AND a bunch of other bands. I am personally going to put 2,000 USD towards it. I am not starting a kickstarter thing until the event is confirmed, but I am in talks with the bands International Booking Agent and he is on board but of course it comes down to money.

It would be a huge win for the 6,000 people who show up to this event every year as we have never had a national act perform here(okay, so Uncle Cracker is playing next week on a base I think)

If stupid idea, please just ignore. I have decided to take this on as kind of my "Field of Dreams" project and maybe I am in too deep.

Reaction score
The new album has definitely been growing on me. The first playthrough I thought it was alright but it does get much better as I listen to it again.

I think it's great that his playing sounds much more relaxed and less flashy and it shows that he isn't cutting any corners with expressing himself.
All the songs flow through themselves differently and to me that is what stands out the most. Every song progresses differently there isn't necessarily a formula for the songs that was so audible on their first album, and in many places, Weightless. Hell I'm even surprised that I can look down on AAL compared to this album, because I still remember how jaw droppingly badass the first album still is :lol:

I also think the production on this album is better compared to Weightless; it sounds more rounded and balanced. Although personally, it sounds very compressed which I wouldn't say captured the mood appropriately because the album is so, well, unmetal.

Still I am very very pleased to hear that AAL are now moving through a different plain with their music and not pushing out janky shred licks with some fingerstyle chord voicings. I very much look forward to hear what they plan to do next because once again they blow my mind :D

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
I love this so hard. I hope that they troll people and do this for their encore while on tour.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
I also think the production on this album is better compared to Weightless; it sounds more rounded and balanced. Although personally, it sounds very compressed which I wouldn't say captured the mood appropriately because the album is so, well, unmetal.

Agreed, the balance is nice but the album is completely lacking in dynamics. I don't really expect that to ever change; dynamics don't really seem to be Tosin's strong suit. It would've done a lot for the album though, there's a few spots that lack punch as a result.

')