Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

ScottyB724

Reaction score
I'll just leave this here:

"Tosin Abasi Working on some incredible new tunes with Adrián Terrazas-González (The Mars Volta) on Sax. Definite new territory!"

Via Animals as Leaders facebook page about half an hour ago.

I am really stoked to hear this! :scream:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMalov

Reaction score
I know that when I had my lesson with Tosin at Summer Slaughter, he said that they would be playing new material on their tour with Circa Survive.

It may not be a full song though, he said they might just play part of a new song as an intro. :2c:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Hope he puts Wave Of Babies on the new album, would be sweet to hear that redone with an Axe FX.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score

"Tosin Abasi Working on some incredible new tunes with Adrián Terrazas-González (The Mars Volta) on Sax. Definite new territory!"

jusus christ monkeyballs. it looks like metal is getting an injection of some variety, and LONG overdue in my humble opinion. ive been a member of jazz, orchestra, and wind ensembles and ive always wanted someone to throw some traditional instruments into the mix. here's hoping tosin's the man to do it :shred:

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score

Wow this should be interesting. I love his work with The Mars Volta, but surely this is a sign of the Apocalypse/2012:ugh:

Vicissitude27

Reaction score

You just made me soooooo happy!

THANK YOU :yesway:

exxecutor

Reaction score
jusus christ monkeyballs. it looks like metal is getting an injection of some variety, and LONG overdue in my humble opinion. ive been a member of jazz, orchestra, and wind ensembles and ive always wanted someone to throw some traditional instruments into the mix. here's hoping tosin's the man to do it :shred:

Ihsahn's After album has some great sax on it (and 8 string guitars ;)). Check it out!

Anyway, can't wait for some new Tosin stuff!

gstacey1

Reaction score
The work Tosin is doing with Adrain is for his new band called We Broke Symmetry. It features Tosin on guitar, Adrain doing woodwinds and percussion, and then Raanen Bozzio (son of Terry Bozzio, Frank Zappas drummer.) on drums and perceussion. You can find there page on facebook for more information but there isnt much.

Colton165

Resident burnout.
Reaction score
The work Tosin is doing with Adrain is for his new band called We Broke Symmetry. It features Tosin on guitar, Adrain doing woodwinds and percussion, and then Raanen Bozzio (son of Terry Bozzio, Frank Zappas drummer.) on drums and perceussion. You can find there page on facebook for more information but there isnt much.
Oh. My. God.

I hadnt been listening to AAL for a while until recently, my ipod got stolen and i had to find all my best CDs. I forgot how awesome Inamorata was and then go to forum lurk and find this out.

Tosin is the man. No more Bozzio Levin Stevens, now its Bozzio/Abasi/Gonzalez.

Latest posts

')