Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

red1010

Reaction score
Where did Tosin study music? He went to college for Jazz theory right?
He went to the Atlanta Institue of Music which rules seeing that I live here!:hbang: but when I have seen him perform he said to the audience "if any of my professors are out there you shouldn't have failed me because I can play guitar now" I found it quite funny and assumed that he was not as skilled then as he is now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

red1010

Reaction score
tosin originally approached me to write a few of the songs on the new album with him, and the idea was i was going to program the drums for those songs, but then navene was going to learn them and give them his own flavor
the only problem is scheduling, i honestly dont know if this will work for either of our schedules based off of their deadline, but if i can, i obviously want to do it, writing with tosin is so much fun!
You MUST do the drums. When I see them live it seems like a totally different band then what I am use to hearing on the album. And I must say I don't like the live show as much as the album just because the drums are so different in nearly every way. I fear what might come from a band produced album instead of a Tossin/Misha album.

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
definitely can tell you naveen doesnt improvise. He happens to be a friend of mine and takes his position in the band highly serious. i think he does an amazing job. animosity drums were sick, aal drums will be too. so are the riffs hes done so far too!

ill be going to KC MO for circa and animals in a few weeks.then the next day back here in desmoines but without circa.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
You MUST do the drums. When I see them live it seems like a totally different band then what I am use to hearing on the album. And I must say I don't like the live show as much as the album just because the drums are so different in nearly every way. I fear what might come from a band produced album instead of a Tossin/Misha album.

Your fear is misguided

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
myself, i'd much rather hear a mixture of Navine's real drums mixed with a little of Misha's glitchy electronic sounding stuff.

LacesOutTyler

Reaction score
My girlfriend went to see the Charleston show. I called her from my band's van to ask her how it was and she starting raving about AAL. I was like "wat"

I had no clue they would be playing with Circa and was a little jealous. So I asked if she liked them and she said "yeah, they were so good, they played with 8 strings!"

:facepalm:

I'm aware this is a total CSB.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
id rather see the album produced by members than produced by those who arent.

If as a member of the band I was not permitted to write or record my own parts I would quit the band immediately. Its an insult to their talents at best to have someone outside the bend come in and replace them with a drum machine.

red1010

Reaction score
If as a member of the band I was not permitted to write or record my own parts I would quit the band immediately. Its an insult to their talents at best to have someone outside the bend come in and replace them with a drum machine.
The machine was in the picture first :nuts:

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
Seeing that Misha had involvement way before Naveen came into the picture I'd prefer the original producers(tossin/misha).

I hope someday you join a band that only tells you what to play, while one guy records and writes everything, leaving you NO creative input. Then you can see what it feels like.

Navene is a hell of a drummer, and he's very creative. He wasn't on the first album, because at that point, it was still like Tosin's "solo project." He's a member now, and I think it would be really shitty if they just put him aside so Misha could come in and program some stuff with DFH, (As brilliant as he is at it.) Navene is not some hired hand, and I know, from experience, how shitty it feels to be treated like it.

Navene is perfectly capable of playing the parts, there's no reason he should be left out.

Edit:

The machine's feelings aren't going to be hurt if it's left out.

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
I went to the show in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. last Saturday. I almost died! Kinda...

I had no clue the show was gonna be so packed. The place was so jammed that people couldn't even move and I got asphyxiated for a little bit. :ugh:

But after all AAL and Circa Survive were amazing. The other 2 bands were alright. :yesway:

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score

Because the other musicians weren't in the band at the time. There was no one else to play the parts. I've been listening to pre-album AAL tracks for YEARS before the record came out. I have them all over my laptop. Everything was initially coming together out of just guitar and electronic concepts.

Now that the other members of the group are writing the record and touring, why would you want to take away their ability to be on the record. AFAIK, the first record is what it is because of a lack of personnel. Not because that was the ideal situation.

Also, stop spelling Tosin's name incorrectly. Seriously.

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
Navene is an incredible musician. Personally, I think he should do all of the drum parts on the album. But still Misha production ftw!

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
Have you heard fleshwrought or animosity?

Navene shreds every instrument he touches. You should go listen to those albums and then tell us he's ghoing to do a subpar job. The drums are amazing he's been playing them since he was like 9.

If there were a problem with the drums I'm sure tosin would bring it up to him.

We are all well aware of the animals history. But as a band its meant to evolve. You're not going to get one of the best drummers out there just to have him play someones programming

Also navene records with e-kits and samples. A lot of people here are sayin how they'd prefer navene to take misha's approach, but none of you bothered to find out it basically is. He also does electro music, so I'm sure he can handle programming glitches and effects.

Honeslty you are going crazy with this whole tosin/misha proucer thing like they were the original members. You have to remember he was putting out a SOLO project prosthetic wanted. He needed help and why not have a talented person like misha. I think its unfair how you shrug off navene. So as it stands you prolly won't want this new cd unless misha ends up doing tracks, and even then I'd suggest only listening to those ones. Atleast until you get an open mind about things.

Also the track and a half or so I've heard were fucking amazing. And really metal(navenes riffs were in it) so you could atleast hear a sample or something before the fanboi in you freaks out.

spattergrind

Reaction score
i hope they make the kick drum quieter on the second album. when i put this cd in my car, i have to turn my subs way down because the kick is all i can hear! come to think of it, periphery is the same way but not quite as extreme.

ya i have to turn down my subs too...i always think of when "The Walk" kicks in....the kick is just like BOOM!...lol

Also, I have been getting really interested in Navene ever since I saw him play with AAL @ summer slaughter. Even though I listened to Fleshrot before it was Fleshwrought, realizing who it is makes it that much better. Hes pretty much a genius.

')