Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
Does anyone know what drums Navene uses? Shell sizes would be sweet too. I can't seem to find much other than that he is sponsered by Meinel, and an Animosity era interview says he used "random drums and Alchemy/Istanbul cymbals":lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitar4tw

Reaction score
Tosin is quickly turning into one of my all time favorite guitarists. Animals as Leaders is one of the most played stuff on my Itunes...

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
No lie, that was the BEST MUSIC VIDEO I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. :bowdown:
It fit the band and the song SOOOOOOOO perfectly!! :hbang:

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
This is probably old news but I don't really want to look through the thread...anyway here's some new tour dates:

11/09 Portland, OR – Wonder Ballroom #
11/10 Seattle, WA – El Corazon #
11/12 Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex #
11/13 Denver, CO – The Summit Music Hall #
11/14 Kansas City, MO – The Beaumont Club #
11/17 Minneapolis, MN – Cabooze On The West Bank #
11/18 Milwaukee, WI – The Eagles Club #
11/19 Chicago, IL – House Of Blues #
11/20 Detroit, MI – St. Andrews Hall #
11/21 Cleveland, OH – House Of Blues #
11/23 Poughkeepsie, NY – The Chance #
11/24 Boston, MA – House Of Blues #
11/26 Philadelphia, PA – Theatre Of Living Arts #
11/27 New York, NY – Irving Plaza #
11/28 New York, NY – Irving Plaza #
11/30 Indianapolis, IN- The Earth House
12/2 Omaha, NE- The Waiting Room
12/5 Sparks, NV- The Alley
# w/ Circa Survive, Codeseven, Dredg

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
AWESOME first vid. i like that it wasnt some rediculous theme that took away from the music. the playing and members were the center focus, and the rest just added to the otherworldy feel. damn good vid IMO!

EDIT: 500th post, yo! ive never stuck around a forum this long, they usually turn to be lame or the members just plain suck. much <3 to SS.org =)

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I can listen to that song over and over and still never get tired of it. Also, what the hell was that creature? :scratch:

slapnutz

Reaction score
First I bought my new HDTV today and then I find this out! Its my fav song of the album and nows theres a vid! Too much awesome for one day!

Also, superdooper bonus... they didnt make a "radio edit" version i.e. shorter version of the song just for the video! Hell yeah!!:shred:

animalsasleader

Reaction score
YES SIR. repped :yesway:

The new album is GOING to be different, that's a given. I personally dont care if the drums are sampled, or navene decides to blood-fart into a compression mic. AAL has already put out what i consider to be the most complete and fulfilling album in recent metal history, and when you hit the mark that dead-on, the only thing you can really do is go a different way. take, for instance, smashing pumpkins' Mellencollie double disc (for those of you that like 90's alt), it was GREAT, organic and deeply colorful. the only thing they could do after an album that great was to go with a completely drum-tracked, dark and cold effort like Adore, because if it was anything like the previous album, people would say "they fell short" or some bullshit like that. I love that music moves people to such passion, but it gets old when people criticize a TRUE artist's development. no self-respecting mucisian writes to satisfy an audience anyway.

Spot on.

Reaction score
The video has been posted three times. We all love Animals as Leaders and Tosin, but we don't need to post it three times in two pages. :)

The video fucking rules, though. The creature is actually just my penis. No big deal.

Tosin is easily the snappiest dresser in music. No one looks that good. Why does he have to taunt me so? His flawless tapping blows my mind. He has such perfect execution and seems to do it so effortlessly.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I was actually looking for the high quality version of the video so the last post with the video was pretty useful tbh...

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed it was the high definition version, but Kavnar said he couldn't find the video. He couldn't have looked very hard.

I'm not trying to make a big deal or anything, I'm just being "that guy". :lol:

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
Slightly offtopic, but for what it's worth check out prosthetic records youtube channel, they have a lot of cool videos besides Cafo on

. I actually liked the video, exactly that futuristic vibe I was hoping they would go for.

')