Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skyblue

Reaction score
Small quick question- does anyone know if Tosin is self taught, or was he taught by a teacher? I'm referring to both music theory and technique.

and I know asking him will be most accurate, but I figured someone here might know, and It'll probably be faster this one if so.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Small quick question- does anyone know if Tosin is self taught, or was he taught by a teacher? I'm referring to both music theory and technique.

and I know asking him will be most accurate, but I figured someone here might know, and It'll probably be faster this one if so.

IIRC he was self taught then went to college for music between Reflux and AAL... there's an interview linked in the thread somewhere that answers that :lol:

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I love the faces he makes. At times it appears that he's grimacing, evidently because this little piece is far below his unimaginably high standards. I definitely think he'll be able to contribute to AAL's next effort. I actually haven't seen much of his solo stuff, but this has made me a believer, for sure.

Zei

Reaction score
I really like it. His other upload is much better, though that's probably cause it's a full song haha

ZackP3750

Reaction score
With the amount of class Javier and Tosin each play with, I think its safe to call them the Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra of guitar. Its pieces like this that make me want to take serious jazz lessons.

in-pursuit

Reaction score
Its pieces like this that make me want to take serious jazz lessons.

do it man, as long as you get a decent tutor you won't regret it. I can't help but prefer the other video he has floating around where he's playing the 8 string with the Q tuner. Unfortunately that video has some unwanted distortion and I think he overdoes it with the delay, but still a much nicer piece IMO.

OzoneJunkie

Reaction score
Hey, anyone know what snare is used on the AAL album? Doesn't sound like a Superior Drum sample - sounds short and snappy, and sounds like the wires are off (which I don't think SD has). Anyone know? In particular, on "Behaving Badly", although I think the same snare is used throughout a lot of the album.

Thanks - didn't want to start a separate thread.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Hey, anyone know what snare is used on the AAL album? Doesn't sound like a Superior Drum sample - sounds short and snappy, and sounds like the wires are off (which I don't think SD has). Anyone know? In particular, on "Behaving Badly", although I think the same snare is used throughout a lot of the album.

Thanks - didn't want to start a separate thread.

You might mean the sidestick of the snare on that album. It is REALLY snappy.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Just for the record, SD does have wires off. It's in the Tools options in the top right where you select brushes etc. If I remember correctly.

')