Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RubenBernges

Reaction score
While I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed by the new album, I do hope they put their focus on clean / experimental stuff rather than straight out metal and Javier's participation in songwriting will probably help with that. It's very possible that I'm in the minority with that opinion though and most of their fans actually want AAL to become heavier

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed by the new album, I do hope they put their focus on clean / experimental stuff rather than straight out metal and Javier's participation in songwriting will probably help with that. It's very possible that I'm in the minority with that opinion though and most of their fans actually want AAL to become heavier

I'm with you, much more interested in the jazzy elements, though it's the interplay of the two that makes AAL so interesting :2c:

Sikthness

Reaction score
^ I would have to agree. Although I do enjoy the heavy sections of AAL, they really don't blow me away the same way some of the clean/jazzy/tapping part do. I do however hope they keep a good amount of heavy stuff, because I really like how they mix the heavy with the clean sections. But after hearing some of Javier's playing and knowing what Tosin can do, I know there is going to be some seriously cool Jazzy type parts throughout

AndreasD

Reaction score
The AAL headlining tour has more dates now:

Sep 06 - Jailbreak Club - Rome, Italy
Sep 07 - Roma - Pinarella Di Cervia, Italy
Sep 09 - Unirock Festival - Istanbul, Turkey
Sep 10 - Barby - Tel Aviv, Israel

indexrh.png

indexww.png

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I'm with you, much more interested in the jazzy elements, though it's the interplay of the two that makes AAL so interesting :2c:

I agree. At first I had trouble getting into the jazz side of things, as unlike quite a few people here I'm not a fan of it, but I actually don't feel like AAL would be shit without the clean, jazzy breaks. I love the interplay, more so even then I love Tosin's guitar playing skill.

Arterial

Dreamer
Reaction score
I am always jealous of Americans, music/guitar wise.

It'll be at least 6+ months or even a year after before us Australians will be seeing AAL.

My guess.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
I am always jealous of Americans, music/guitar wise.

It'll be at least 6+ months or even a year after before us Australians will be seeing AAL.

My guess.

atleast you have the hope to see them

i don't think they would ever come to South America, at least in a few years....or a decade :lol:

OlisDead

Reaction score
I'm gonna see AAL with Between The Buried And Me in september. What an epic show it will be. Maybe I'll ask to have a lesson with Tosin after the show.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
I'm gonna see AAL with Between The Buried And Me in september. What an epic show it will be. Maybe I'll ask to have a lesson with Tosin after the show.

He only does lessons before the show as far as I know.

So try contacting him.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score

Should be a great show :) My friend got a lesson I think. Going to catch the headlining show at Reading too :)

Mwoit

Reaction score
^They're playing in King Tuts Glasgow on 23rd September, as support to BTBAM.

')