Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Wow, is all I can say.

So that little tapping lick he played for guitarmessenger, I believe, ended up in this song...fuckin' a. I tip my hat to you, Mr. Abasi. :shred:

DarkMythras

Reaction score
...and HOLY FUCK. I forgot how crazy the Bay Area was :lol:

Had never heard Intronaut before, but they were pretty awesome. But as soon as Tosin went into the heavy part to Wave of Babies, the place erupted. At one point these three tiny girls almost god shoved into the monitor wedges. After that song, Tosin literally said "...holy FUCK". That was one of the most intense shows I've ever been to. Javier was not amused :scratch:

Any other SSO'ers in Jack London Square tonight? They can attest to how fucking intense that show just was. I'm sure AAL will be back to the Bay Area after that! :metal:

red1010

Reaction score
I was right in the front the whole time and it definitely erupted. Evan Brewer killed it and so did everyone else. Javier was super pissed when someone hit his foot switch in the middle of his solo clean break :noplease: I felt bad, it kinda threw everything off and he had to shoo the crowd back haha. It was funny how Steve Jones from the Faceless was filming everyone's set I just wish they were playing also. Now I just want the new AAL album to drop. I overheard Navine say its all recorded and waiting to be released but they won't give a date :scream:

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Erupted is definitely the right word. When Wave of Babies dropped the crowd went absolutely fucking insane and almost pushed the first row onto the stage - over the course of the night a couple people did actually get pushed on stage, mostly to get shooed off by Javier. I was a row behind the whole night, Mythras was trying to hold onto me, though we eventually let ourselves get pushed over to stage right at which point I got up and sat on the stage side of the monitors to get out of the way (great decision).

We got Tosin and Navene to sign our posters at the beginning of the night but we couldn't track down Javier, who Tosin said was probably getting his drink on. Super nice guys. All the openers were too, chatted with Last Chance to Reason and Intronaut over the merch tables a bit at the end - very good playing all around. Best concert EVARRRRRRRRRRRR.

Have a vid I'll put up soon to try to show how ridiculously close the crowd was.

Skyblue

Reaction score
This is making me more miserable considering I just found out AAL canceled their Israel show :(

I do lol everytime I think of Javier "shooing" fans off stage though :lol:

Omerta989

Reaction score
I was there last night as well. Shit was intense. I actually really enjoyed Dead Letter Circus.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
i have seen AAL 3 times

1 with veil of maya before most people knew what animals as leaders was

1 at the indie show with circa survive

and 1 with thursday and underoath

and the only time i have seen people move around to AAL was at the underoath show.

Ps this should probaly be in the super mega thread.......

mrcheapyasui

Reaction score
The concert was awesome but I was so disappointed with the venue. There was no stage!! It was impossible to see anything but tosins shimmering dome in the light. I don't even know what guitars anyone was playing. And then there was that other room with the giant stage and lights and whatnot with what seemed to be local bands playing on that? Seems like some one fucked up which stage they were supposed to get!

Enough of my bitching, the lineup was awesome, the energy was insane, but it would have been more enjoyable for me if the venue had a fucking stage for the bands to stand on!

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
I'll be seeing them later tonight in Hollywood. :hbang: I'll let you guys know how it went. I haven't seen Tosin or Evan since they were in Reflux so I am definitely stoked to able to catch them both tonight.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I was there last night as well. Shit was intense. I actually really enjoyed Dead Letter Circus.

I thought they were pretty neat. Kinda Oceansize-lite. I picked up CDs for Last Chance to Reason and Intronaut, too.

Video and pictures;

Attachments

• IMAG0275.jpg
    IMAG0275.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0279.jpg
    IMAG0279.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0280.jpg
    IMAG0280.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0286.jpg