Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to hit up the thread again with the Baltimore show coming up so soon! My band ToTheArk is gonna be opening up the show on Friday here at the Ottobar, and we've got tickets to sell, so if anyone in the MD area that's going to this show would like some tickets, we've got some to sell you guys!

You can hit up me or Drewsif on facebook, or the ToTheArk page on facebook!

Tickets are only $13 from us, but they'll be $15 at the door, and online they're $15 plus a $3.50 processing fee.

https://www.facebook.com/ToTheArkBand

https://www.facebook.com/jaypritsker

So yeah, if you need a ticket, either hit me up, or post a message to the band page!

Yeah thanks, one add was enough. Post a listing in the classifieds in the general section.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OzoneJunkie

Reaction score
Anyone know what time AAL has been going on stage?

Last night in Long Island they went on around 10pm I believe.

Great show. First off... Dead Letter Circus: love the band. The singer's sense of melody, as I've said before, is amazing. He is one of my favorite singers of all time. And he has the vocal chops to pull it off live as well. Only other singer in the metal genre I've heard that impressed me immensely live was Layne Stanley. Kim just makes the band, no question. Good band w/o him, amazing band with him.

AAL: Amazing. Killed it. 2nd time seeing them. I'll go to all of their local shows, whenever I can. Only complaint for me is that their set seems a tiny bit short. Don't know if it's because of the 5 band ticket or whatever, but hey, they're headlining. Add 2 or 3 more songs to the set and it's a perfect show. 10 out of 10.

If they're in your area... go. Don't question. Go. :hbang:

EDIT: friend of mine went. Non-musician. Blown away. He loves them. New fan.

mountainjam

Reaction score
So has anyone taken a group lesson on this tour? What was it like?

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Show tonight was phenomenal! :hbang: Can't wait for the DVD to come out so I can see if I'm in it! :cool:

Me too. I should be if they use any Oakland footage of the crowd, which I suspect they will given how fucking nuts everyone went :hbang:

Reaction score
The singer's sense of melody, as I've said before, is amazing. He is one of my favorite singers of all time. And he has the vocal chops to pull it off live as well. Only other singer in the metal genre I've heard that impressed me immensely live was Layne Stanley.

He's a great singer, but Dead Letter Circus =/= metal.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
So quick overview on the Albany show:

- Even Brewer was jaw droppingly good. And apparently I wasn't the only one that night who thinks that he should play Bass for AAL.

- Last Chance to Reason, if the rest of the band had as much energy as their singer, these guys could be the next BTBAM. Not to say their energy was bad, but it was a stark contrast. That having been said, they were still fucking awesome.

- Dead Letter Circus. Oh my god. I can't believe I'm saying this, but they were probably the best band of the night for me. Maybe they didn't have nut-fuck time changes and crazy scales, but their energy was surreal and piercing. I am a million times more of a fan now than I was before, and really hope they return to the US soon.

- Intronaut was excellent, though probably my least favorite of the main bands. And that is not a knock against them, thats just a testament to how amazing every band was tonight.

- AAL. Amazing. FUCKING amazing. What else can I say? Also, yes, the new song comes off SO much better live. And seriously, Evan Brewer should join on Bass. We too had DVD footage being filmed, which leads me to believe the final product will be a mix of footage.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
So quick overview on the Albany show:

- Even Brewer was jaw droppingly good. And apparently I wasn't the only one that night who thinks that he should play Bass for AAL.

- Last Chance to Reason, if the rest of the band had as much energy as their singer, these guys could be the next BTBAM. Not to say their energy was bad, but it was a stark contrast. That having been said, they were still fucking awesome.

- Dead Letter Circus. Oh my god. I can't believe I'm saying this, but they were probably the best band of the night for me. Maybe they didn't have nut-fuck time changes and crazy scales, but their energy was surreal and piercing. I am a million times more of a fan now than I was before, and really hope they return to the US soon.

- Intronaut was excellent, though probably my least favorite of the main bands. And that is not a knock against them, thats just a testament to how amazing every band was tonight.

- AAL. Amazing. FUCKING amazing. What else can I say? Also, yes, the new song comes off SO much better live. And seriously, Evan Brewer should join on Bass. We too had DVD footage being filmed, which leads me to believe the final product will be a mix of footage.

BTBAM is extremely boring to watch live unless you really just want to watch guitar players hands for entire sets. Those guys dont move around at all. So in that sense LCTR is very much like BTBAM. LCTR is read though and those dudes are all super nice talkative guys. They played a great set in Baltimore.

mountainjam

Reaction score
Me!! I'm freaking pumped

(did you pre-order?)

I sure did. Im a little stressed tho, I paid $100 for 2 lesson spots, and have yet to get the details of when/where the lesson is. I posted on aal's facebook and emailed kelela, this chic who set the lesson up, and have heard nothing :scratch::squint:

Behaving_badly

Reaction score
I sure did. Im a little stressed tho, I paid $100 for 2 lesson spots, and have yet to get the details of when/where the lesson is. I posted on aal's facebook and emailed kelela, this chic who set the lesson up, and have heard nothing :scratch::squint:

awww man you could buy lessons!!!

hope you can find out where to go for that, it sounds awesome

on the topic of meeting the bands, what are they chances I might be able to get a quick word with the musicians, even a handshake:ugh:

mountainjam

Reaction score
on the topic of meeting the bands, what are they chances I might be able to get a quick word with the musicians, even a handshake:ugh:
This will be my first Aal show, but I think you will be able to. My friends that have already seen them got their picture taken with Tosin and chatted with him for a few.

Petal

Reaction score
Yea i met tosin at the baltimore show. He was chillin at the merch booth

')