Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RobZero

BWOOOOWWWW™
Reaction score
i'm really looking forward to this because we will see javier and navene's influence on the writing process, they're great musicians so i expect nothing less than a masterpiece ;)

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
I have to say that although this year has been extremely disappointing to me (Opeth, Morbid Angel, Anthrax...) that I think this album and The HAARP Machines album are totally going to save the year in music for me.

codync

Reaction score
FUCK YES! I'm pretty sure I hear Hyphens in the Weightless preview. Hopefully they re-worked that song.

Sikthness

Reaction score
I have to say that although this year has been extremely disappointing to me (Opeth, Morbid Angel, Anthrax...) that I think this album and The HAARP Machines album are totally going to save the year in music for me.

I hear ya on a disappointing year. Shit, Opeth, Textures, THA, PtH, BoO, and I'm sure some others have all fell short of expectations. So far only Last Chance to Reason and Corelia:bowdown: have lived up to the hype. Still excited about the Faceless and Mastodon though, but really the only stuff I'm dyin to hear is HAARP and this.

Sea

THALL
Reaction score

You forgot Thall.

Protest the Hero's album was pretty good.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Jeesus! The weight behind the bass and guitars is just immense! The mix sounds much more like what AAL in general conveys as a band, and the songs are much more "Tosing/Tosish" now. Did their drummer also do the writing for the drums this time around?

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
I definitely get that this album has the more tosin feel, listening to the previews i'm somewhat dissapointed. Odessa has an awesome lead, but the rythmn seems to cluttered, which I get over all the songs.

It doesn't preview to much amazing stuff, some awesome riffs though.. but the heavier tracks just seem way to cluttered.

slapnutz

Reaction score
Man that shit sounds awesome, just awesome and refreshing.

Btw, one of the most impressive things I notices IMO was the Drums production. It is still sampled drums/DKFH/superior drummer..etc?... or full-on live drums?

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I definitely get that this album has the more tosin feel, listening to the previews i'm somewhat dissapointed. Odessa has an awesome lead, but the rythmn seems to cluttered, which I get over all the songs.

It doesn't preview to much amazing stuff, some awesome riffs though.. but the heavier tracks just seem way to cluttered.

I'm going to have to ask you to leave, I'm trying to masturbate to these previews thank you.

codync

Reaction score
Navene, their drummer, is handling all the production on this album. I believe he produced his solo project Fleshwrought's Metal Blade debut, so you might want to find out some info on that album. He probably uses pretty similar techniques for both. And yes, he wrote all of the drums this time. Come on, people.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I'm going to have to ask you to leave, I'm trying to masturbate to these previews thank you.

Seconded. That comment was such a turn-off. :realmad:

On a serious note: From what you can tell of the previews, this sounds just like Animals As Leaders self-titled did - in the good way. They just carved more defined sounds for this album, like that slap thing you hear on the track 4. And the drums ain't just a machine. It's a band now, not just a guitar solo project.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i do think the guitars could have a little less cloudyness in the low mids area, and i think the rest of the drumkit could be brought up a bit, as the kick is very dominant.

But that's when i LOOK for things to pick on. The musicality is too good, and makes me forget the mix, like all good albums do :D

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Maybe the tracks will sound less cluttered when we aren't getting the shittiest, low-quality mp3s to judge this album on, that aren't even the full tracks yet.

Patience is a virtue for a reason.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Maybe the tracks will sound less cluttered when we aren't getting the shittiest, low-quality mp3s to judge this album on, that aren't even the full tracks yet.

This... :lol:

What's the point of trying to judge the whole entire album on just shitty low-quality soundbites? If anything, it's making me excited to hear the impact of the record as a whole...

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
I was concerned it was gonna mellow out quite a bit without Misha, seems like just the opposite has happened.

Can't fucking wait for this CD, it's gonna be one of the best of the year hands down. Even with the low quality samples you can tell it's going to sound a lot better than the last cd IMO.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score

This is exactly what i am thinking too. Although i would get the album if it were just like in that clip anyway, because fuck, why not? :lol:

Latest posts

')