Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

willow

Reaction score
Cant fucking wait for Weightless to drop. I didnt see the preview videos before they got taken down but from hearing "Isolated Incidents" live i am fully impressed.

Does anyone have any decent quality live bootlegs out of interest?

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Just saw AAL support BTBAM. Brilliant! The live sound was a hell of a lot better than the last show I went to in Reading (and even that was good). Sounded absolutely perfect. They played quite a long set too :) That new song is really catching on with me. I wonder if that Javier clean solo piece is on the new album.

BTBAM played the entirety of Colours, with an encore of the first track from the new EP, Disease Injury Madness, Teen Spirit (really), and Selkies. Awesome :)

gotnothing

Reaction score
Just saw AAL support BTBAM. Brilliant! The live sound was a hell of a lot better than the last show I went to in Reading (and even that was good). Sounded absolutely perfect. They played quite a long set too :) That new song is really catching on with me. I wonder if that Javier clean solo piece is on the new album.

BTBAM played the entirety of Colours, with an encore of the first track from the new EP, Disease Injury Madness, Teen Spirit (really), and Selkies. Awesome :)

Sounds like a killer show!

Ninetyfour

Reaction score

COLOURS ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am excited.

RubenBernges

Reaction score
Looks like Tosin is playing a Mayones 8, sweet!

Yupp, I mentioned that two pages back. He was playing that Mayones in Hamburg last week as well, it's got a yellow flamed maple top. I hope he'll get around to posting a NGD on it soon.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot to mention that guitar! It was really nice - had a view from literally straight infront of him :)
They played two gigs there in a row. That seems to be becoming a common thing at that venue, knowing they will sell out.
I think Dan from BTBAM blew his amp a few bars from the end of their set haha, forgot about that.
The guy who uploaded that video filmed the entirety of both nights, haha, nuts!

Ninetyfour

Reaction score
Javier's Axe-fx or his pedal board failed at some point tonight, also I think there was something wrong with the Mac they were using (click track?). They didn't play their whole set as planned, but fuck it was marvellous.

300071_10150826510235607_598655606_21039895_896785714_n.jpg

jsl2h90

Reaction score
im grabbing weightless as soon as it leaks, and i don't care what AAL or any of you think lol cause I will be buying the hard copy too. It's not my fault Tosin writes such incredible music. Those 30 second samples blew my mind.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Woop woop!
Prosthetic Records said:
PRE-ORDER THE NEW ANIMALS AS LEADERS ALBUM STARTING TOMORROW
"Weightless" coming in November on CD, LP, MP3; new song to be unveiled tomorrow

The "Weight" is over!

On Nov. 8 (Nov. 7 in the UK, Nov. 4 in mainland Europe), Prosthetic will release "Weightless," the long-awaited new album by ANIMALS AS LEADERS. Our pre-order at http://store.prostheticrecords.com will launch tomorrow at noon EST, but since you've ordered something AAL-related from us in the past, we wanted to give you both a heads-up about the pre-order and a sneak peek at what we'll be offering.

Our webshop will offer "Weightless" on both CD and vinyl. The CD is a six-panel, plastic-free "eco-style" digipak, while the LP will be available in three variants: clear (limited to 400 copies), "Weightless blue" (limited to 75 copies) and 180-gram black. All LPs will include a download card and come in a unique record jacket that features a die-cut rendering of the band's circular logo. (We won't have pictures of it for another few weeks, so apologies if that description doesn't do it justice. Just know it will look cool!)

We'll also offer two exclusive t-shirt designs -- one of which will be available in both white and black -- and an exclusive hoodie. All of these will be available on their own or with a CD or LP.

Then there's the "deluxe bundle," which will include both shirts, your choice of CD or LP, and a custom screen-printed poster that will only be available during the pre-order.

Again, all of the above will be available while supplies last at http://store.prostheticrecords.com starting tomorrow. While you're there, feel free to pick up one of the last remaining copies of the double-vinyl version of the band's self-titled debut, which features expanded artwork, 3-D imagery, the bonus track "Wave of Babies" and custom AAL 3-D glasses.

Finally, tomorrow will also see the official unveiling of a new song from "Weightless" called "Isolated Incidents." The band has been playing this song live over the past couple of months, and there are plenty of YouTube clips out there of varying degrees of quality -- but now you'll finally have the chance to hear the studio version of the song in its entirety. The band's graphic designer even created a cool video accompaniment for the song for us; hopefully you'll dig it as much as we do.

"Weightless" features the recording debut of guitarist Javier Reyes (who mixed the album) and drummer Navene Koperweis (who served as producer). Both have been integral parts of ANIMALS AS LEADERS since the group began touring two years ago. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for behind-the-scenes footage of Reyes and Koperweis recording "Weightless" with Tosin Abasi.

ANIMALS AS LEADERS is currently touring Europe with Between The Buried and Me. The two groups will join forces again for a North American tour that kicks off next month. For a complete list of the band's upcoming tour dates, visit the band's Facebook page.

Thanks for your continued support of Prosthetic and ANIMALS AS LEADERS!

Prosthetic Records
http://store.prostheticrecords.com

KingTriton

Reaction score
Why the HELL would they give us that song that they have been playing live every night??? Give us something we havent heard for fuck sake, im getting pissed on how bad they handle this new record release, and why is the previews on amazon down? Sorry ive just been so excited since monday when they posted on facebook and asked us if we wanted to hear a new song from weightless and then they decide that, hey lets just torture our fans and release that one that theyve heard a million times!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ That's part of the marketing technique, I presume :lol:. Torture you, keep you interested and curious... When the album comes out, you won't wait a second to get it. I know I won't!

prh

Plini
Reaction score
nice to see its no longer the 'tosin abasi experience' (not that there would be anything wrong with that :lol:), which makes it that much more ridiculous of a band seeing how amazing javier and navene are too

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
nice to see its no longer the 'tosin abasi experience' (not that there would be anything wrong with that :lol:), which makes it that much more ridiculous of a band seeing how amazing javier and navene are too

:agreed:

In regards to the marketing, I agree with Alberto. One song and the previews are enough - in fact, I kind of wish there had been nothing at all :lol: It would have been kind of cool not having any idea whatsoever of the direction the band were going to take, now that things have completely changed since the self titled.

Ninetyfour

Reaction score

Quite the contrary last night, everybody was shouting, "Tosin! Tosin!" Then some guy shouted "and the other guy too!" It was pretty funny to be honest. Javier improvised during setups, he is brilliant though.

')