Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately Javier's solo piece won't be on the album. You'd know that if you've heard the song samples. Here they are: Weightless by Animals As Leaders - Fairshare Music - the home of feelgood downloads

I'm not impressed, at all. Lots of silly djent riffing and guitar solo wankery...none of it is catchy or memorable. It's pretty clear to me that this album won't be as good as the last.

I, myself, am not in favor of most of the distorted riffs and the guitar solo 'wankery', but I do think there are many memorable parts in this album, and that's just judging by the 30-second samples. Imagine throughout the songs in their entirety.

No need to make assumptions yet.

Also, the first one, too, had tons of guitar solo 'wankery' and heavy riffing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Unfortunately Javier's solo piece won't be on the album. You'd know that if you've heard the song samples. Here they are: Weightless by Animals As Leaders - Fairshare Music - the home of feelgood downloads

I'm not impressed, at all. Lots of silly djent riffing and guitar solo wankery...none of it is catchy or memorable. It's pretty clear to me that this album won't be as good as the last.

That's a brave statement. Maybe you should check the whole album when it comes out and judge after that.

Chaotisys

Reaction score
Silly fanboys. Calm down. Like everyone else, I'm entitled to my own opinion. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but having heard 1m30s of every song on this album, I'm worried.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
Silly fanboys. Calm down. Like everyone else, I'm entitled to my own opinion. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but having heard 1m30s of every song on this album, I'm worried.

I'll try and keep my fanboyism to a minimum here :lol:

I think the biggest reason this album is crazy different from the last is the lack of Bulb. He did alot of work on the first album writing-wise, and worked pretty extensively with Tosin on the whole project. Maybe it's the lack of Bulbitude thats turning you off?

Reaction score
The previews sound pretty cool musically to me, for the most part... that distorted rhythm guitar tone though... that is pretty bad...

anomynous

Reaction score
I'll try and keep my fanboyism to a minimum here :lol:

I think the biggest reason this album is crazy different from the last is the lack of Bulb. He did alot of work on the first album writing-wise, and worked pretty extensively with Tosin on the whole project. Maybe it's the lack of Bulbitude thats turning you off?
That can't be it, because then it would be more Djenty

ScottyB724

Reaction score

Have you heard the full album? No, I didn't think so. I was actually the one to first post the album samples in this thread, so trust me I have heard them multiple times. I am 99% positive that Javier's solo piece will indeed be on the album, if not, why would they display it in the studio video ?:nuts:
They were 30 second clips and there are 6 minute+ songs. I'd bet the solo piece is used as an interlude at the beginning or end of a track.

Tosin can do no wrong, and Javier and Navene are both incredible musicians as well. This album will slay, they are the future of music.

/fanboyism

guitareben

Reaction score
Pffft if the album doesn't work they just need to kidnap Bulb and have him in the band as well (Bulb and Tosin are an insane team :eek: )... But i doubt that it won't be good :D Cannot wait!

Gotta say too, they appear to have taken in some Jazz fusion kinda elements, ya know, exivious type stuff.... which makes it even more awesome :D And once again, pushing music (rather than trying to re-do the first album...)

but yea, it's going to be awesome :D

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
It sounds like David could have Javier's solo piece in it.

The good thing about Chaotisys's post however is the link he posted for the samples has 1:30 samples rather than the :30 I knew about from Amazon.

So thank you :lol:

Chaotisys

Reaction score
Yea, like the guy above me said, the samples I posted are brand new, 1:00 long, and entirely different from the first batch of :30 samples from a while ago. I don't want to sit here and argue about this, personally I REALLY hope Javier's solo piece is on the album because it's amazing. However, they could have just snuck in that clip of him practicing it for fun (Didn't you hear them whispering to eachother as they peeked through the door?) as these studio videos were taken before they went on tour. He could have simply been practicing it for the tour. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, they posted on their Facebook that they'll be releasing another new song in a few days. Here's to hoping it's better than Isolated Incidents. That song is WEAK.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I'm thoroughly looking forward to this album, but...

The same argument could be applied to us fanboys (no shame!). We don't know that the previews we heard weren't the pinnacle of every song. Just playing a little Devil's Advocate. :lol:

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
I like the melody of Isolated Incidents live but it doesn't sound nearly as good on the recording. I love it live, I'd say I dislike it on the recording. I didn't really like the first album initially so here's hoping Weightless will grow on me.

Chaotisys

Reaction score
I agree, I absolutely hate the way it sounds on the recording. I was pretty disappointed when they released it after watching so many live videos of it where it sounds so much better. The song itself has a couple parts I like, but overall it feels like an incomplete idea. I hope they release Odessa, that song sounds good from the samples.

KingTriton

Reaction score
The problem with releasing a second album is that you already made a first one i guess hehe, obviously this album is a ton "heavier" then the first one, and i think its just logical and the samples are so fucking intriguing i need to take a shit right now, THIS IS GONNA BE A WHOLE NEW ERA FOR ANIMALS AS LEADERS & MUSIC AND IM SOOOOO FUUUUCKING THRILLED, PREPARE YOUR ANUS! <3

KingTriton

Reaction score
O M G

HEHEHEH just listened to Espera and i seriously think my counsioussnes(?) and soul took a quick trip to another farplane

Latest posts

')