Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
Thought this would be a good place to post this, I just made a little video showing some stuff I learned from Tosin in a lesson a few months ago:

Edit: And that studio they are in for the new album recordings is where I had that lesson :D Such a cool place

jsl2h90

Reaction score
Thought this would be a good place to post this, I just made a little video showing some stuff I learned from Tosin in a lesson a few months ago:

Edit: And that studio they are in for the new album recordings is where I had that lesson :D Such a cool place

Good to see someone is willing to do Tosin's dirty work and give us an instructional video, nice playing man. Maybe it has something to do with being deployed to an extremely lame foreign country, but I don't understand how a lot of you guys seem to just run into Tosin and cop these lessons like its cool. Lucky bastards. :realmad:

Did he happen to throw any Weightless material in his teaching repertoire?

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
Good to see someone is willing to do Tosin's dirty work and give us an instructional video, nice playing man. Maybe it has something to do with being deployed to an extremely lame foreign country, but I don't understand how a lot of you guys seem to just run into Tosin and cop these lessons like its cool. Lucky bastards. :realmad:

Did he happen to throw any Weightless material in his teaching repertoire?

Haha yeah it was pretty lucky of me to get that lesson :D

But actually he did show me one of the licks that is in one of the new studio videos, the one with the thumb/finger picking technique, but I'm still working on it :shred:

jsl2h90

Reaction score
If any of you fags just download this work of art you're a piece of shit.
cool story bro. lol
currently waiting on my preorder bundle #5.
Haha yeah it was pretty lucky of me to get that lesson :D

But actually he did show me one of the licks that is in one of the new studio videos, the one with the thumb/finger picking technique, but I'm still working on it :shred:
i got a jamplay membership to try to get a grip on that crazy thumb plucking and i failed miserably. I can apply the technique to my own riffs but its nowhere near as amazing as when he does it. You know you've succeeded when you sound like the Wooten brothers.

TimmaethBoy

Boi I tell you phwut
Reaction score

Thanks for the little instructional video. Now I have a few more different types of sweeping arpeggio exercises to work on. :yesway:

mithologian

Reaction score

I got a backstage pass to the show in Ft lauderdale FL. Im contemplating bringing my guitar and see if Tosin is kind enough to give me a little lesson. However, Ive only heard that Navene is giving lessons so I doubt Tosin will be down for that. Great playing bro :yesway:

flavenstein

Reaction score
This was posted on the Animals as Leaders facebook page today:

"Hey Guys! Tosin here. I'll be offering one-on-one private guitar lessons on the 'Saints and Sinners' tour. This time around i'd like to target the 7 and 8 string players specifically. These lessons are on a first come first serve basis and there will only be one student per city. Please email me at TosinShreds (at) gmail (dot) com to for more info!"

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
This was posted on the Animals as Leaders facebook page today:

"Hey Guys! Tosin here. I'll be offering one-on-one private guitar lessons on the 'Saints and Sinners' tour. This time around i'd like to target the 7 and 8 string players specifically. These lessons are on a first come first serve basis and there will only be one student per city. Please email me at TosinShreds (at) gmail (dot) com to for more info!"

Dammit... need... to... buy... 7!!! :mad:

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Animals As Leaders Premiere New In-the-Studio Video | Guitar World

animalsasLeadersRR.jpg

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
They keep teasing me. I want to see the New Eden solo being played, so I can accept that it's not a machine :lol:

fallenz3ro

Reaction score
stoked to see them tonight! does anyone know where they play in the set order? i have to fight traffic to get there

lurgar

Reaction score
Got my notification that my album has shipped. So excited!

codync

Reaction score
Here's the setlist from last night: An Infinite Regression, Tempting Time, Song of Soloman, Isolated Incidents, Point to Point, Thoroughly at Home, Wave of Babies, Cylindrical Sea, and CAFO

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Here's the setlist from last night: An Infinite Regression, Tempting Time, Song of Soloman, Isolated Incidents, Point to Point, Thoroughly at Home, Wave of Babies, Cylindrical Sea, and CAFO

I feel like all these songs compliment each other in a way, the mix of both is great.

')