Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Origins

Not banned
Reaction score
Again, a Bulb copy..
I´m really tired of hearing this ENGL tone and those same riffs everywhere nowadays :noplease:
Get a personality for god sake!

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Well Tosin being Bulb's friend, they influence each other a lot I think.

Origins

Not banned
Reaction score
Bulb produced the album, chief... :scratch:

You didn´t get my comment right.
What I mean is that everybody plays the same kind of music, with the same tone and the same riffs ideas. This is just f#cking boring, man!
I wouldn´t feel proud of being just a stupid phony
And everybody seems to be like "Wow that´s so kick ass" while listening 10 times to the "same" song, played by different bands.

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
^^ I thought I was the only one who thought this. To expand on that, it seems these days that you 'have to' like certain bands if you're a sevenstring player or even if you're just on this site. For instance, someone said they didn't like Unearth the other day and about 3 people told him to get out or something. I'm sure it was said jokingly, but I think my point still stands.

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Again, a Bulb copy..
I´m really tired of hearing this ENGL tone and those same riffs everywhere nowadays :noplease:
Get a personality for god sake!

if i'm not mistaken, bulb was a member of Animal As Leaders, so also he also helped write the songs..?

Scootman1911

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty sure that Bulb and Tosin wrote the album together but Bulb wasn't/couldn't go on tour with AAL so Tosin got some people to tour with.

bulb

Reaction score
oh well not everyone is going to dig it, but we are both very proud of the album, and to me it definitely doesnt sound like anything else out there but of course different people will hear things differently, i mean to me a lot of rock and metal sounds exactly the same even though im sure its not the case, so its really in the ear of the beholder.
at the end of the day we wrote this album together and had a ton of fun doing so, so thats what matters haha!

oh and we used a pod, not an engl haha

ugmung

Banned
Reaction score
oh well not everyone is going to dig it, but we are both very proud of the album, and to me it definitely doesnt sound like anything else out there but of course different people will hear things differently, i mean to me a lot of rock and metal sounds exactly the same even though im sure its not the case, so its really in the ear of the beholder.
at the end of the day we wrote this album together and had a ton of fun doing so, so thats what matters haha!

see? fuck you Line 6 haters, you got punked!

thinkpad20

plays guitar??
Reaction score
I can't deny I hear similarities between AAL and Periphery, but I definitely think they are distinct. Tosin does a lot of stuff, both harmonically and technically, that I've never heard before, and I've listened to a lot of bulb's stuff and some other djenty bands. Naturally there's influences but it would be quite a stretch for me to call it a copy.

Seriously if you listen to the whole CD there is a LOT of eclecticism going on, it's really not all about the polyrhythms or djent-djent + 1/4 note cymbal crashes...

What I mean is that everybody plays the same kind of music, with the same tone and the same riffs ideas. This is just f#cking boring, man!
I wouldn´t feel proud of being just a stupid phony

Yeah, he's a real ripoff phony alright... :rolleyes:

Sounds like everyone else..... right? :nuts::nuts:

Last edited:

jamesboyd

Lord Boyd
Reaction score
Jeez sour grapes anyone?
AAL does not sound anything like all the wannabe tech/mesh/djent bands out there.......for starters 50-60% of the album is clean :nuts:

Secondly the harmonic content/lead playing is miles above what even most seasoned shredders could pull off!!

'Tempting time' imo is one of the most triumphant, unique and plain kick-ass prog/shred songs I've heard in a long time.

Probs to bulb and tosin, awesome work :hbang:

Reaction score

You guys used a POD? Damn, I get more and more impressed with that little thing the more I hear of it. I'm gonna have to purchase one, even though I'm tryin to save for my Axe-Fx.

cddragon

Pastor Of Muppets
Reaction score
Is it whisky getting into my head or the album doesn't sound like a Periphery copy at all?? To me it's more shredtastic and different mainly because of the craziness behind all the clean parts... I like the sound of the songs on this album, great work guys
:bulb:

EDIT: Why there is no bulb smiley here?? :scratch:

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is great, I remember seeing Tosin on youtube but only found those two videos so I never explored it further, turns out I should have... monster player.

thinkpad20

plays guitar??
Reaction score

I wish you guys had used the Axe-FX or a real amp... the cleans sound awesome but the rhythm tones sound very hollow (to me). If it had the production, say, of "Chocolate Flobs" or "Unleash the Pwnies".... :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Still, doesn't stop it from being totally listenable and kickass.

Is it whisky getting into my head or the album doesn't sound like a Periphery copy at all?? To me it's more shredtastic (cheers ;) ) and different mainly because of the craziness behind all the clean parts... I like the sound of the songs on this album, great work guys
:bulb:

EDIT: Why there is no bulb smiley here?? :scratch:

it's ": djent:"

:djent:

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
Lawl @ some of the comments on "everything sounds the same"

Have you administered the Axe-FX gas to Tosin yet? :D I know listening to all your clips (that have been done with the axe-fx) all of Tymon's clips, and a tone of other guys (that aren't doing U2 covers :squint:) has made me want one quite badly. Along with a VHT power amp, and either a Vader or Orange 4x12, or both. Now to scrape together 5 grand...

cddragon

Pastor Of Muppets
Reaction score
I wish you guys had used the Axe-FX or a real amp... the cleans sound awesome but the rhythm tones sound very hollow (to me). If it had the production, say, of "Chocolate Flobs" or "Unleash the Pwnies".... :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Still, doesn't stop it from being totally listenable and kickass.

it's ": djent:"

:djent:

Thanks man, Didn't notice earlier ;)
I have to agree that the distorted tones sound thin and quite flat, but the music itself and these not-from-earth chops that make Tosin's album such a win! :hbang: :djent:

')