Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

maximummetal288

Reaction score
Just got back from thier show @ Reggies in Chicago.

Sadly they only played 2 songs, Tosin's Axe-fx pooped out on him. The screen was flashing and it was making a loud woofing noise once it booted up. He turned it off and on a few times but it kept making that sound and his guitar signal wasn't coming through. I felt bad for him, hopefully he can get that fixed soon and it won't cost an arm and a leg.

Thankfully the 2 songs they managed to play kicked ass.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nah did not have any time. But, I found out recently that "Wave of Babies" is a old song that did not make it to the first album.

That I knew.... though I was hoping it got saved for a second album ;)

Sadly they only played 2 songs, Tosin's Axe-fx pooped out on him. The screen was flashing and it was making a loud woofing noise once it booted up. He turned it off and on a few times but it kept making that sound and his guitar signal wasn't coming through. I felt bad for him, hopefully he can get that fixed soon and it won't cost an arm and a leg.

Ouch! Hopefully it's a simple fix for him like popping a chip back into a socket :agreed: Glad you got to see SOME of their material live anyways :(

Xiphos68

Reaction score
That I knew.... though I was hoping it got saved for a second album ;)

Ouch! Hopefully it's a simple fix for him like popping a chip back into a socket :agreed: Glad you got to see SOME of their material live anyways :(
Besides that, I read recently. That there live drummer will be on the next album writing with him.

Xiphos68

Reaction score

Man that sucks. At least you got see Tempting Time.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
definitely a badass show! isnt it awesome how much shit tosin keeps track of during the songs? it seemed like every song he was looping one lick and playing something else over it. i wasnt too familiar with them when i saw them so it took me a song or two to realize that they didnt have a bassist! :lol: i think their drummer triggered all of the bass sample right?

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
:agreed: It indeed kicked ass. First time seeing Dillinger Escape Plan as well. Holy shit, those guys have some energy. :eek:

Also, another observation: Could we get some chicks at metal shows, for Christ's sake? :noplease:

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
Also, another observation: Could we get some chicks at metal shows, for Christ's sake? :noplease:

Ha ha! Keep dreaming! If you think the number of girls at a "metal" gig was bad at a DEP show then there is no hope.

danarchy

Reaction score
I just saw them in Baltimore a couple weeks ago. Amazing performance! Tosin, Javier and Navene were all totally incredible. Tosin has def been my biggest inspiration to get an 8-string. I really can't wait till their next album comes out.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just saw them in Baltimore a couple weeks ago. Amazing performance! Tosin, Javier and Navene were all totally incredible. Tosin has def been my biggest inspiration to get an 8-string. I really can't wait till their next album comes out.

Saw them here in Pittsburgh recently... and I agree 100%

rew

Reaction score
I was there! AAL rocked. I was standing back by the mixer, and I swear that at one moment Tosin was playing, looked up and saw me headbanging, smiled, and started headbanging too! Lol I'm just delusional, but I had a killer time. CAFO was unbelievable!
-rew

Vigil87420

Reaction score
I saw them at their second live performance ever in iowa in 2009. after they were done playing i chilled and had some beers with tosin at the bar afterwards and he was talking about how unprepared they all were. i seriously couldn't tell at all. these guys are so good.

I saw them again this year in st louis with veil of maya and it sounded 5 times better (didnt think it was possible).

minusthemonkey

Reaction score

Maybe it's where you live. When they played here there were plenty of women. My wife loves AAL, and she's not exactly a big metal fan.

My observation is that I don't think Javier gets enough kudos for this part. Watched him for a while here. He's playing amazingly complex rhythm parts without breaking a sweat. Awesome player.

I think Javier needs a cool hat. :cool:

This may help. I think a porkpie hat would work for him. Plus, I think a porkpie is positively badass.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe it's where you live. When they played here there were plenty of women.

You mean the United States, my Canuckastaini friend? :lol: Nah, it fucking sucks at all metal shows. I miss the eighties, and I wasn't even there. :noplease: It would be alright if the dudes weren't all "I too hard to be friendly and/or man I drank a lotta beer" but, yeah... sausage festivals.

jaretthale78

7 stringed playa
Reaction score
amazing band, tempting time is just pure genius, my favorite track of the album :hbang: tosin is incredible:shred:, wonder if hes got any new material comin up soon.....

')