Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WildBroskiAppears

Reaction score
It seems like any band that happens to have Meshuggah riffs in their songs specifically posts themselves tracking the Meshuggah riffs :lol:

bulb

Reaction score
It seems like any band that happens to have Meshuggah riffs in their songs specifically posts themselves tracking the Meshuggah riffs :lol:

Ah if you heard the riff itself you wouldn't find it to be so Meshuggah like.
On a fun side note, that one is probably my favorite song we did haha.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Any rough estimate on when we'll be able to hear a new track from the album or anything like that to keep all of us sated? I'm looking forward to this album big time, but I could definitely go for a small teaser lol.

bulb

Reaction score
Any rough estimate on when we'll be able to hear a new track from the album or anything like that to keep all of us sated? I'm looking forward to this album big time, but I could definitely go for a small teaser lol.

The album is still being recorded so you probably won't hear much for a while.
Just FYI on how all this stuff works:
Teasers come out as part of promotion once an album has been turned in. Usually once there is a release date set, which is at least 3 months after the album is turned in, there will be a schedule of how to promo and release and teasers start coming out somewhere in that promo cycle.

AuroraTide

Reaction score
Any chance the new album will be for sale on the Aussie tour? It's a few weeks before the North American album release tour starts

Merge

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I don't know when it's scheduled to be released here in the US. I knew they were recording a new CD, but I wasn't aware that this was an album release tour. I just saw a post on Facebook that advertised their show in Baltimore, I bought a ticket 10 minutes later :)

thatdjentkid

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I don't know when it's scheduled to be released here in the US. I knew they were recording a new CD, but I wasn't aware that this was an album release tour. I just saw a post on Facebook that advertised their show in Baltimore, I bought a ticket 10 minutes later :)

I don't believe the earlier tour in australia is part of the album release tour. But, I wouldn't be surprised if they played a teaser like how they unveiled Isolated Incidents early.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
^^ Jesus it seems Tosin has almost regressed as a player. That video was massively sloppy.

avinu

Reaction score
^^ Jesus it seems Tosin has almost regressed as a player. That video was massively sloppy.

Well everyone has their good days as well as their bad days so to speak. Also it sounded like he was playing a bunch of new material in that video. It appears that some jazzy goodness is headed are way guyz.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well everyone has their good days as well as their bad days so to speak. Also it sounded like he was playing a bunch of new material in that video. It appears that some jazzy goodness is headed are way guyz.

Not to mention if I'm not mistaken that was a fanned fret guitar somebody just handed him to play and he usually uses straight frets. That's enough to throw anybody off if you're not used to it :2c:

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
Not to mention if I'm not mistaken that was a fanned fret guitar somebody just handed him to play and he usually uses straight frets. That's enough to throw anybody off if you're not used to it :2c:

He seemed to make it around his Strandbergs pretty well haha he very well may not be used to them as much anymore though. It could also be the scale length. Just going from a 25.5" scale to an extended range and playing anything pretty technical can feel pretty different if you don't do it very often.

But I didn't seem anything wrong with the playing there anyway.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Tosin has never exactly been the "cleanest player ever" either, imo. His style always felt more natural to me, not very tight. Maybe that's just me though. :shrug:

Latest posts

')