Animals As Leaders NEED YOUR HELP!!! (Stolen gear)

• Thread starter Jesse Zuretti
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
Who does this... just who the fuck does that to someone...

Probably some crack head/other random assholes with fucked up lives. At least when/if the dude gets caught he'll go to jail for a long time. Multiple counts of grand theft, for sure. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out in pawn shops around LA.

Adrian-XI

Reaction score
I felt violated when someone broke into my car and stole 2 pairs of sunglasses. I can't even begin to imagine this shit. Makes me nauseous.

rgaRyan

Ermahgerd!
Reaction score
From the megathread,

The stolen guitars:
-.strandberg* #17 (the one that the production models will be based on)
-The semi-hollow LACS Ibby
-The RG2228 with the white EMGs
-Toone "Viceroy"
-Eastman ER-1 7
-Vicente Sanchis (classical guitar)
-Black DC800
-Two custom Regius 8s

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
WTF!

No one deserves this, poor AAL, they have had extremely bad luck :/

What about the non guitar gear? any lists of that ?

Styxmata

Fistful Of Zach
Reaction score
RAGE! :mad::hber::rant2::guns::pissed::hungus:

This shit is fucked up, I guarantee the local pawn shops will be prime places to look for this shit in the near future. I don't see many people who have the knowledge of what the customs alone are worth, being able to bring themselves to steal such art.

Plus car jacking :noplease: doesn't seem like the prime nightlife hobby for a shredder. These scumbags will probably be trying to get rid of the axes as quick as possible.

Ambit

Beansack!
Reaction score
This kind of shit really pisses me off, this bad has had some really terrible occurrences in the recent past. :mad:

sleightest

Reaction score
This is very sad. The worst is that the instruments are so unique and rare. With the way AAL is blowing up these are the kind of guitars I would expect to see at EMP or some other museum someday possibly. They are going to have to sell that stuff for cheap to someone who doesnt know shit about 8 strings. Those instruments and musicians have changed music forever and have given hope to the future of music, to me this isnt AAL being ripped off. As a musician with so much respect for Tosin, Javier and Matt, I feel like ive been ripped off too. =( I hope somehow Meshuggah finds whoever did this and beats the shit out of them.

charlieshreds

Reaction score
Anyone else have a feeling that these people who stole from AAL knew they were on tour? Like knew where they lived waited for them to go on tour and stole their gear.I hope that isn't the case but seems kinda reasonable.

tuneinrecords

Reaction score
Anyone else have a feeling that these people who stole from AAL knew they were on tour? Like knew where they lived waited for them to go on tour and stole their gear.I hope that isn't the case but seems kinda reasonable.

Good point.
People who steal and rob check neighborhoods and buildings out and notice when people are away. Could have just been that too.

Either way I pray that the criminals get caught and the gear and personal items are returned. Did they have insurance on any of the guitars and items?

charlieshreds

Reaction score
Good point.
People who steal and rob check neighborhoods and buildings out and notice when people are away. Could have just been that too.

Either way I pray that the criminals get caught and the gear and personal items are returned. Did they have insurance on any of the guitars and items?

I'm not sure if they did tbh.I imagine they did on the car if they drove it(obviously).As far as the guitars I have no clue :/

Dan Halen

Reaction score
I think we should keep this as an "only post if you have info" thread. we dont want it to get too cluttered. every one is angry at this point but they reallllllly need help not anger.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
My heart dropped when I saw Tosin's LACS was stolen :(

I'll be checking around ebay and craigslist and such to see if they pop up there.

Jesse Zuretti

Composer /// Guitar/Orchestra @Daath
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Great news! Just got this from Tosin: "Last night the police arrested two individuals driving Javier's stolen car. The guys even had Javier's ID ( which was in his room) in their wallet. The best part is that #17 was in the back seat! So. Now we have two suspects, the stolen car and one of 10 guitars....
It seems logical to assume either these guys were the burglars, or they have contact with the true culprits. Either way i'm elated to have #17 back and to being much closer to getting the rest of the gear."

')