Animals as Leaders Robbed. Strandberg, Toone stolen.

• Thread starter b10110
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

b10110

Reaction score
From the FB post...
Hey guys.
We've got some pretty terrible news to report. Upon returning home to our house in LA we discovered that we'd been robbed while were out on tour. The thieves were able to get away with Javier's Chevy Blazer and all of the equipment we didn't have on tour with us. 10 guitars in total. This includes many of our one of a kind custom instruments (Stranberg,Rick Toone ) as well as amplifiers, PA equipment and personal items.
This is beyond devastating. We know so many of you have been beyond supportive with Javier's legal troubles. We may need more of your help now to potentially find some of these one of a kind instruments that may pop up on Ebay, Craigslist, pawn shops, used music stores etc.
We're adding an album containing photos and detailed descriptions of the stolen gear to our profile. Please take a look and keep your eyes open for anything that looks close to this stuff. I truly think that with your help we have an exponentially better chance of tracking some of this down.

Thanks,
Tosin, Javier

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
One of a kind instruments eh? Does anyone know if they had musical instrument insurance?

SammyKillChambers

Reaction score
I'm having a mini debate with my friend about how custom guitars aren't exactly replaceable, as they're one of a kind. And even if they were remade with the exact same spec, they won't be the same. Am I wrong? :p

danresn

Reaction score
Your right they won't be as the actual pieces of wood will be different. That being said they will come very close

wizbit81

Reaction score
don't think they will end up in the UK lol, but I'll keep a lookout in the usual guitar places.

yellow

Banned
Reaction score
out of curiosity, did u insure all of that stuff? its a really bad situation and im sorry that happened, and im askin cuz if its insured, then it wont be as bad as inconvenient. (oh edit, someon asked that)

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
I'm having a mini debate with my friend about how custom guitars aren't exactly replaceable, as they're one of a kind. And even if they were remade with the exact same spec, they won't be the same. Am I wrong? :p

Yeah you're right. But it sure beats having to start again. Consider an artist who's just lost the tools of their trade though, it's a bit of a spiral of not being able to make the money to pay for tools because you have no tools.

That and anyone who owns anything of any value which they cannot immediately replace with something of similar quality and value should have insurance, no excuses.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Dang, these guys seem to get in all kinds of trouble... :lol:

Anyways. This is just terrible... If I see or hear anything from anyone, I'll let them know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')