Anime In General (i.e. D-EJ915's dream thread)

• Thread starter Metal Ken
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Since we kind of Hijacked the totoro thread, i figured we'd start a seperate thread.

One of my room mates showed "Puni Puni Poemy"... Which is the most random fucked up thing i've seen since Bobobo Bo Bobobo (Sp?). Discuss

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
I just got done watching all 6 episodes of Photon. That anime fucking ruled.
Before that I watched Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran which was quirky and entertaining.

I was wondering when there would be a 'general' anime thread. hah

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Yeah, Puni Puni Poemi was pretty fucked up. My friend burned it onto a DVD for me a few years ago and I threw it away in disbelief after I watched it.

Photon was... uh... "different." It was cool and un-cool at the same time. I liked it and disliked it at the same time.

I have seen so many animations that I can only respond to animations other people bring up.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
Yeah, Puni Puni Poemi was pretty fucked up. My friend burned it onto a DVD for me a few years ago and I threw it away in disbelief after I watched it.

I laughed my ass off after watching it.. its from the same dude who did Excel Saga, which i thought was totally great as well.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
I laughed my ass off after watching it.. its from the same dude who did Excel Saga, which i thought was totally great as well.

Excel Saga is one of my all-time favorite animations. That is just so fucking hilarious. I think it blows Puni Puni Poemi away in terms of pure laughter (I laughed at Puni Puni quite a bit too, though). Tha main voice actress is just so annoying, but funny.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
totally. Excel Saga is random, but its more tamed than puni puni. PPM felt like i watched 26 episodes worth of animation in 45-50 minutes.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
totally. Excel Saga is random, but its more tamed than puni puni. PPM felt like i watched 26 episodes worth of animation in 45-50 minutes.

Eh, I didn't really like Puni Puni Poemi anywhere near as much as Excel Saga.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Same.Excel totally ruled.

Do you happen to know the names of the most recent Hokuto No Ken movies? I've been wanting to get a hold of them ever since i saw one of them about 2 years ago.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I want to watch them myself, but I don't want to pay the money to see them in theaters. They only came out about 2-5 months ago. One of them was called something like "Raou Shin-den." But I'm not so sure about that.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
There was one that was on DVD about 2 years ago, i think it was from the mid 90s.. it had that mid 90s style of slightly mixed Computer animation and regular hand drawn stuff.. thats the one i was curious about.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's see, currently playing:

AMG season 2, episode 7
Gunbuster 2 episode 5
Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko TV episode 13
xxxHOLiC episode 06
Urusei Yatsura DVD 13
Blue Seed episode 16? (re-watching this with the GF in an attempt to get her into older stuff)

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why Inuyasha is so damn popular among girls?

The show never goes anywhere!

It takes like 400 episodes to tell a story that could be told in 80, max.

bulb

Reaction score
Naren said:
Excel Saga is one of my all-time favorite animations. That is just so fucking hilarious. I think it blows Puni Puni Poemi away in terms of pure laughter (I laughed at Puni Puni quite a bit too, though). Tha main voice actress is just so annoying, but funny.

Excel saga is nothing short of pure genius!
And puni puni poemi is a totally cracked out (by excel standards, that is), spinoff haha. I need more like it!!

Right now im watching Yakitate Japan (since im up to date with the manga, its fun), and i want to watch the whole prince of tennis series again, as well as fullmetal alchemist cuz they are both really that good, just need to clear some hd space. Hmm i actually want to see last exile again too... damn...

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Puni Puni is ridiculous, lol.

Another crazy-weird anime was Girls Bravo...I haven't even gotten past episode one...I don't know if I want too...just too many boobs and ugh man that was weird. I feel sorry for the kid getting beat up on all the time.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
bulb said:
Right now im watching Yakitate Japan (since im up to date with the manga, its fun)

Never seen that before. But I can't imagine it's a very good series. Every time I hear the name, I just think of the "Yakitate Japan" bread at 7-11. The bread's not bad, but I thought that it was just the name of 7-11's bread for a long long time (the fact that it had cartoon pictures on never struck me as strange, because in Japan, a lot of brands have their own cartoon mascots) until I went into an Animate shop and saw a "Yakitate Japan" DVD on the wall. No idea what it's about... Well, from the title, I can tell that it's about "piping hot fresh Japanese bread."

Currently I'm watching the last episodes of Samurai Champloo. It's pretty interesting. I don't watch as much animation as I used to. I used to have like 5 different animation series that I was watching at the same time, one of which I was heavily into.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
Holy shit, I just got done watching Kite. What a fucking brutal movie!!

The ending is gonna seriously take away from my sleep tonight.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
You know what i need? I need someone to release more GTO. That series fucking owned. Me and a room mate sat down and watched all 10 dvds over the period of a week. Its totally righteous in every aspect.

I think my fav. scenes in that series is the episode where he references Hokuto no Ken & Doraemon a lot, and then about 4 episodes later, when he manages to mangle the math teacher's name every way possible (if you watch the dubbed version, he calls him so many different things based on how someone who isnt at all familiar with japanese would fuck up a name or make fun of it).

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Want a show that is basically a reference to other animes? Watch Pani Poni Dash. Plus it kicks ass in its own right. \m/

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
There's enough of that in PuniPuniPoemy & Excel Saga to satiate my needs for it

')