Anime In General (i.e. D-EJ915's dream thread)

• Thread starter Metal Ken
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
... No need to be jealous that the only action you get are the guys on this site kissing up. :lol: ...

I have to use the damn word, to keep my head working right. :lol:

The way people use cartoon over here, which is exactly the same way Chris is in this thread, pisses me off sometimes. I'm gonna call all of you guys "brainless floggers" for playing 7 strings, because that's the main opinion of them. It's the exact same thing. The idea of the creepy guy in his room watching this stuff with a pile of tissues stroking it is as much a fairy-tale as everyone on this site being into drop-Zflat powerchords over rap beats.

You don't like it, fine, I don't think half the music you like Chris is worth 2 shits, but I keep my mouth shut about it.

Woh woh woh ... calm down buddy! I like you Toshiro (even though you do like anime :fawk:)

BUT... some of what you said there was below this:

tl-cw-belt-so_belt_sabre_officer-strap_mass-buckle_l.jpg

We are all friends here ... it's just a bit of harmless ribbing (do you say that in the states?), taking the piss? shits and giggles? fucking around?

Besides Drew claims that Chris does have a girlfriend and a looker at that! :nuts: :lol:

Are you telling me you don't play drop Z powerchords over rap beats??!? If not I think I might be in the wrong place! ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Dormant said:
Woh woh woh ... calm down buddy! I like you Toshiro (even though you do like anime :fawk:)

BUT... some of what you said there was below this:

tl-cw-belt-so_belt_sabre_officer-strap_mass-buckle_l.jpg

We are all friends here ... it's just a bit of harmless ribbing (do you say that in the states?), taking the piss? shits and giggles? fucking around?

Besides Drew claims that Chris does have a girlfriend and a looker at that! :nuts: :lol:

Are you telling me you don't play drop Z powerchords over rap beats??!? If not I think I might be in the wrong place! ;)

....But it's okay for him to make Sailor Moon jokes? Imply that anyone who watches this stuff must be some socially-impaired lonely geek? Sorry, I don't see those as 'below the belt' with the crap being slung in this thread.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
Naren: I hear you, a good movie is a good movie, and many of the "serious" japanese animation movies are very cool and unique....and have a vibe to it that nothing else can offer, which I like. I don't see many because I have no idea where to even look or way to know what's good...but when I come across one of those cool ultra violent or dark sci-fi films....im all for it.

The movie rental place near my house has four whole aisles of just animation. And any book store you go to has a HUGE section of just comics. In fact, there is a used book store near my house that sells 70% comics. So, I live in an environment where it's readily available and it's not considered weird to watch or read (depending on what it is. There are a lot of things that are considered weird to watch or read).

In fact, I was reading "Hokuto no ken" at work and a colleague came up to me and was like "Hey, you're reading Hokuto no ken. That's awesome. That's like the bible for all Japanese males." And it seriously is an awesome series. Insanely gory and violent, but awesome.

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
Although I like a lot of different kind of animations, my favorites are the ultra-violent dark animations (mainly ones from the 80s).

Can you throw in some titles? I've recently been getting into this stuff but don't know what to look for...

Hmm wait - what do you mean by "ultra violent"?

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
You don't like it, fine, I don't think half the music you like Chris is worth 2 shits, but I keep my mouth shut about it.

:lol: Holy fuck!

Half the music I like isn't played by animated teenage girls pretending to be ninjas. You're welcome to comment on it though. :D

Toshiro said:
The way people use cartoon over here, which is exactly the same way Chris is in this thread, pisses me off sometimes. I'm gonna call all of you guys "brainless floggers" for playing 7 strings, because that's the main opinion of them. It's the exact same thing. The idea of the creepy guy in his room watching this stuff with a pile of tissues stroking it is as much a fairy-tale as everyone on this site being into drop-Zflat powerchords over rap beats

:rofl: Anyone on the internet can call me whatever they'd like. You can put up chrisstickssevenstringsuphisass.com if it floats your boat, and I won't get half as upset as you are about it. Re-lax dude. Look up the Anime word for "ball busting" and see if they made a movie about it. If it helps, pretend I'm throwing animated dragonball-z textured ninja stars at your balls instead of just joshing around with you lighthearrtedly. :fawk:

Toshiro said:
....But it's okay for him to make Sailor Moon jokes? Imply that anyone who watches this stuff must be some socially-impaired lonely geek? Sorry, I don't see those as 'below the belt' with the crap being slung in this thread.

Fuck yeah. I used to play World of Warcraft. Don't fuck with me, or I'll roll 27+6 on my FIVTY-SEVEN-SIDED-DICE and then cast Immloating Spell Of Hornets Stinging Your Nipples on you while I cyber a 35 year old french guy named Larry who's roleplaying a Night Elf Princess. :agreed:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
lol, this thread is amazing.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
b3n said:
Can you throw in some titles? I've recently been getting into this stuff but don't know what to look for...

Hmm wait - what do you mean by "ultra violent"?

"Ultra-violent" as in "fountains of blood", "ripping people's bodies to pieces", "internal organs splashing on the floor" and stuff like that.

Animations like Akira, Hokuto no ken, Ninja Scroll, Baioh: The Visitor, etc. etc.

There are literally thousands of "ultra-violent" animations. I happen to really like the ones from the 80s. In a case of a lot of those, for example Hokuto no ken, the comic series is a lot gorier and more graphic than the animation (but the animation is pretty gory and bloody too).

Generally the audience for these comics/animations are 16 and up, mainly aimed at males.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I own Ninja Scroll too. Akira as well. It's not JUST the gore, they have to have cool stories too, but it's much more fun than seeing cutesy Sailor Moon fisting Pokemon stuff.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I used to own both Ninja Scroll and Akira. I own neither now. Obviously the story is what's important. I don't read "Hokuto no ken" because it's gory (It's a hell of a lot gorier than Ninja Scroll or Akira). I read it because the story is incredibly interesting. I just tend to like those kinds of animations and comics a lot. There tend to be a lot of good ones. The dark gory kind-of-sinister violent ones...

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
What is this mIRC? /ban *!*@chrisquigley.com ;)

Anyways, any of you anime crazies know what movie I was talking about earlier? I'd like to track that down sometime. And yes, I've tried Google.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Chris said:
[action=Chris]owns Akira too[/action]

That's a good one. The comic series is even better because the movie just abruptly ends about 30% into the comic series with an abrupt strange ending that makes Akira almost look like a good guy (in the comics, Akira and Tetsuo are insanely evil).

That's a good one there. :yesway:

zimbloth said:
Anyways, any of you anime crazies know what movie I was talking about earlier? I'd like to track that down sometime. And yes, I've tried Google.

I'm not an "anime crazy," but I have seen quite a lot of animation (a good deal of it from the 80's). If you could provide some more information, I might be able to help you. From what you said earlier, there were a few different ones that came to mind, but I'd have to know more.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, that ending was confusing. Total mind fuck. The fact I have NO idea what's going on, kind of adds to it though. It's too bad no one made an anime sequel telling the rest of the story.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Naren said:
That's a good one. The comic series is even better because the movie just abruptly ends about 30% into the comic series with an abrupt strange ending that makes Akira almost look like a good guy (in the comics, Akira and Tetsuo are insanely evil).

That's a good one there. :yesway:

I'm not an "anime crazy," but I have seen quite a lot of animation (a good deal of it from the 80's). If you could provide some more information, I might be able to help you. From what you said earlier, there were a few different ones that came to mind, but I'd have to know more.

I actually have no problem watching anime at all, I was actually just trying to bust DE-J123343's balls. :D

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone who watches this stuff must be some socially-impaired lonely geek.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
Anyone who watches this stuff must be some socially-impaired lonely geek.

:agreed: Like those freaks with like, thousands of posts on internet message boards. Those fags have no life, LOLZ!

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
:rofl: My sympathies lie with Toshiro, but fucking eh, eh... Chris, some of the shit you said in this thread was too fucking funny. Cybering Larry the French guy while he plays a Night Elf princess, WTF! :lol:

FTR, I don't watch any anime/Japanimation/cartoons/whatever. It's all the same to me, from ATHF to Sailor Moon. *shrug* Of course, I do watch pro wrestling, so I'm probably worse than anything described here. :lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Which character is that in your avatar?

')