Anime In General (i.e. D-EJ915's dream thread)

• Thread starter Metal Ken
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
:rofl: My sympathies lie with Toshiro, but fucking eh, eh... Chris, some of the shit you said in this thread was too fucking funny. Cybering Larry the French guy while he plays a Night Elf princess, WTF! :lol:
Hey, i have a night elf priestess too. She's named Chesty LaRue. lol.
The scary thing is htat people do hit on you if you play a female character. its like "nooo, i dont look like that man"

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
Hey, i have a night elf priestess too. She's named Chesty LaRue. lol.
The scary thing is htat people do hit on you if you play a female character. its like "nooo, i dont look like that man"
Hence, why I play Halo. :lol:

(Although I'm a total sucker for all that swords and sorcery shit. :wub: )

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chris said:
:agreed: Like those freaks with like, thousands of posts on internet message boards. Those fags have no life, LOLZ!
dude wtfz arez youz talking aboutz? lolz

Anime is amazing ... and I need another external hard drive case because I ran out of room...

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I know its a Klingon, I meant which character is it - if you know ;) I'm a pretty big fan of DS9, and to a lesser extent, TNG. I wouldnt say im a ST Geek tho, just really love the writing in those shows, great stories and quality acting for the most part. Especially on DS9.

jtm45

Reaction score
zimbloth said:
I know its a Klingon, I meant which character is it - if you know ;) I'm a pretty big fan of DS9, and to a lesser extent, TNG. I wouldnt say im a ST Geek tho, just really love the writing in those shows, great stories and quality acting for the most part. Especially on DS9.

'Enterprise' trumps all previous Trek AFAIC.

That Blalock chick is supremely hot:yesway: :agreed:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've never watched that, I'll have to pick it up. TNG reruns on spike = omg yes.

Oguz286

Reaction score
OMG i love this thread! :scream:

Naren (or anyone else), do you have a recommendation about the ultra violent 80's anime?

The day i go to Japan is the day i'm gonna spend so fucking much money on anime, that i'm gonna spend the rest of my life paying debts :lol:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
hahaha speaking of which, on Gaia somebody posted this thing and some of the questions were these and with my responses:

Two Places You Want to go on Vacation
1. Japan
2. Anime

Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die
1. Go to japan
2. die

Oguz286

Reaction score
D-EJ915 said:
hahaha speaking of which, on Gaia somebody posted this thing and some of the questions were these and with my responses:

Two Places You Want to go on Vacation
1. Japan
2. Anime

Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die
1. Go to japan
2. die

I dont know what Gaia is, but YOU'RE my kind of person! I would fill in exactly the same :bowdown: +rep for you! :D

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing is as painful and entertaining as an anime convention.

Watching all the "die hard fans" dress up like Itachi or Sasuke is an absolute riot.There's allways someone who thinks he's a bad ass in his Vampire Hunter D constume too. Girls also seem to enjoy dressing up in outfits that aren't flattering in the least.

Better yet are the vendors who try to convince you that they are giving you a deal when they're not.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
It's me, dude. I'm really a Klingon.

Didn't you know that?
drunk-klingon.gif
(A bit tipsy. Woo hoo! Uh.. do we Klingons go "Woo hoo?" :spock: )

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mahathera said:
Nothing is as painful and entertaining as an anime convention.

Watching all the "die hard fans" dress up like Itachi or Sasuke is an absolute riot.There's allways someone who thinks he's a bad ass in his Vampire Hunter D constume too. Girls also seem to enjoy dressing up in outfits that aren't flattering in the least.

Better yet are the vendors who try to convince you that they are giving you a deal when they're not.
cons kick ass, though. Seriously, they're lots of fun hahaha. \m/

If you ever go to one where I'm at...I'm pretty much guaranteed to be in one of the video rooms.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Chris said:
I actually have no problem watching anime at all, I was actually just trying to bust DE-J123343's balls. :D

That's what I assumed you were doing.

I have no "problems" with animation, but I do have problems with a lot of the psycho fans who almost believe the stuff is real and take it wayyy too seriously. It's just a show/movie.

You get that in video games too, but not to the extent you get in animation. It's funny that almost everyone who works where I do seems completely normal. Maybe even more normal than normal. But then I go to their desk and they've got video game posters, comic books, animation action figures, and stuff like that. My desk is completely empty of posters. Just a few games on my shelf, related to what I work on. I've got Unearth as my computer wallpaper. Of course, this other dude who works here was telling me I'm a huge nerd that doesn't look or act anything like a nerd. I was like "Then what does that make YOU?"

Anyway...

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
You're actually one of the most un-nerdy people I've ever met, and yet, you're one of the smartest. And you're not like a jock, or a metalhead, or anything "anti" nerd or whatever.

:scratch:

You're pretty much unique, E.

Me, I'm a fuckin' nerd to the gills. :lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
You're actually one of the most un-nerdy people I've ever met, and yet, you're one of the smartest. And you're not like a jock, or a metalhead, or anything "anti" nerd or whatever.

:scratch:

You're pretty much unique, E.

Me, I'm a fuckin' nerd to the gills. :lol:

Ha ha. Thanks. I've had a lot of nerd friends, so I definitely wouldn't be "anti-nerd."

When my ex-girlfriend found out a lot of the stuff I really like she said something along the lines of "Wow. You don't look like a nerd, but you like these nerdy sci-fi and fantasy things." and I just replied "Eh, I like what I like. I don't care if it's nerdy or not. If I think it looks interesting, I check it out. Whether it's a sci fi movie or a fantasy RPG or whatever."

Oh, I've done a lot of things that people would consider nerdy. I used to have a job as a CGI 3d graphical designer. I've programmed and designed my own computer games (I used to be able to program in 4 different programming languages). But, that's just because I'd been interested in computers since I was 9 or 10 and because I liked the idea of creating stuff myself.

Yeah, I've never liked fitting into any genre. I've been in metal bands, punk bands, "rock"/"alternative" bands, industrial bands, hard rock bands...

Uniqueness = cool. :yesway:

Thanks for the compliments, dude.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
NP, but I was just being honest. When reading that previous post I thought... "Waitaminnit. Eric SHOULD be nerdy, but really, he's not nerdy at all. Even a little." :scratch:

:lol: So, just being honest. You're a conundrum wrapped in an enigma, dude. :lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
NP, but I was just being honest. When reading that previous post I thought... "Waitaminnit. Eric SHOULD be nerdy, but really, he's not nerdy at all. Even a little." :scratch:

It's cuz I'm so damn metal. :evil:

...In the way "metal" is used to describe anything and everything.

')