Anime/manga megathread

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Creating this thread just to get the discussion out of Periphery's megathread and I don't recall seeing a general thread for all animes and mangas even though I once searched for one.

So tell what animes/mangas you have seen/read, discuss about them and ask or tell recommendations.

GO!

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
Hhhhhhhhmmmmmm....anime I've seen recently....

Mirai Nikki is good, but it's also a fucking trainwreck. Other than that, the only anime I've watched recently is Oreimo No Imouto. Yeah, I know, I'm slow as fuck.

I was thinking of starting Girls Und Panzer though :)

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Cool, Mirai Nikki is probably one of my top-5 favorite animes and Oreimo is pretty good also. Glad that it gets second season. :)

At the moment I'm not really watching anything else beside Space Brothers but I'm just about to start watching Psycho-Pass (thanks to the dude in the Periphery thread) and Initial D because I got a sudden interest in Japanese drifting scene. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

isispelican

Reaction score
The latest anime i watched was Monster and it was unbelievable! Its thriller-mystery with a very nice flow, an epic journey with very nice evolvement. I also watched Gankutsuou recently, if you havent seen it do yourself a favor and watch it, very intense emotions and insane graphics.

As for manga definitely check these out : cage of eden, parasyte, berserk, gantz
all of them are unique and really captivating.

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
Fuck man, I've never made it a task to read Gantz properly, but the few chapters I read, after reading the gist of it...let's say the statue room...it was messed up, but seriously intriguing!

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Curently watching Jormagund and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, both are pretty cool.

Parasyte is a great read, I also recommend reading Monster, MPD Psycho and Biomega (currently on the latter)

Sword Art Online was decent too.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
finished watching School Days a few days ago after a friend insisted on seeing it for the ''Awesome as Fuck ending that everyone talks about''
God, I've never seen such a poor character devolopment, and every character in the anime has a kind of slight retardness

now Im watching Deadman Wonderland, Im in ep. 3 and so far so good

nickgray

Reaction score
Uh... well, let's see.

Finally watched the One Piece Fishman Island arc after waiting for one year for it to finish. Awesome as usual, but now I have to wait until the Punk Hazard is over in order to watch it. Probably another year or so :ugh: I hate waiting.

Steins;Gate. Probably the best anime I've seen in a few years, totally blew me away. Watched in one sitting, actually.

Suzumiya Haruhi series plus the movie. Pretty damn good, aside from the Endless Eight fiasco. They really should've made no more than three episodes.

Angel Beats. Nice, but a wee bit short and I felt that there was too much action. Could've been better if this was a dialogue-heavy anime, but oh well. It still left a good impression.

Mirai Nikki. Stopped watching after 5th or 6th episode. It's lousy.

Honey and Clover, that's the latest one. I've seen around 6 or 7 eps, not sure if I'll continue. It's just... I dunno, boring. I don't really like the characters (Morita is amusing though) and the story feels somewhat empty and disjointed.

Oh, got around to watching Kino no Tabi. It was one of the first animes I've seen, but back then my English skills weren't as good, so it was pretty hard for me to watch. I stopped halfway through even though I liked it. Well, seeing it again was definitely worth it, hands down one of the very best animes out there.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I just wrapped up Sword Art Online awhile ago. Pretty damn good, one of the better heroes in anime lately. Doing two story arcs in one season was a really bad idea though.

Anybody seen Steins;gate? I just went over to animenewsnetwork to check for new stuff and it has got some crazy good ratings right now

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Dead Man Wonderland and Steins;Gate are both excellent! Forgot to mention them!

I dunno about you guys but I don't think I could get into another 100+ episode anime. A well paced 25 ep series just hits the spot for me recently.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Endless Eight
lol I totally watched this 2 summers ago

what the hell were they thinking?:lol: The only anime that I watch these days is whatever's on Toonami.

I haven't sat down and watched something on my PC since last summer when I watched Ika Musume. I just don't have the time like I used to.

I'm also a lazy internet browsing bastard/addict. I think I'm going to check out Mirai Nikki because I've heard lots of good things about it and I love the theme song/OP.

flavenstein

Reaction score
I actually enjoyed the "endless eight". The animators really did a good job of making subtle changes in each episode: The camera angles, the clothes, etc.

I also really enjoyed the way they completely re-stylized each last scene where Haruhi walks out before each new cycle.

They are really as different as they could possibly be considering they are all describing the same events :fawk:

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
Always enjoyed anime, but never watched many full series until recently. I still haven't really watched any of the 'canon' sort of anime, like Death Note, Elfen Lied, FMA, Clannad, etc. but oh well.

Currently keeping up with Kotoura-San, Magi, and Psycho-Pass this season.

isispelican

Reaction score
i dont really like the new stuff, like with movies, the good stuff is in the past

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Not a lot of time, but everyone here should check out Black Lagoon, Requiem for the Phantom, Baccanno!, and Claymore if they aren't old news to you yet. Some of my all time favorites. Currently keeping up with the Naruto manga (flame sheild on), it's pretty badass if you've been with it from the beginning. I wouldn't dare start it right now, shit's taken me 9 years already :lol:

isispelican

Reaction score
Yeah im not saying there isnt any good recent anime, i love claymore and im currently watching requiem for the phantom, i just dont find a reason to check out the newer things while there are millions of amazing anime already out. I still read the naruto manga, really curious to see how they are going to stop madara/tobi and why sasuke will join naruto's side (i dont see any other way). Also the anime is doing pretty good i think, if you skip the fillers of course!

texshred777

Reaction score
A friend of mine recently introduced me to Toriko. While ridiculous as hell, it's entertaining and hilarious.

iamthefonz

Reaction score
Watching Tamako Market and Pet Girl of Sankurasou this season. Digging into the backlog and watching Shigurui: Death Frenzy as well.

It's certainly jarring to go from Shigurui to Tamako Market. :lol: