Anime/manga megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I recommend Trigun to anyone who's looking to get into anime. It seems to be the perfect blend of starting off light-hearted and then getting more serious within the last half while not feeling like you started watching an entirely different series.

It's easily my all-time favorite anime, and one of the four shows I've ever given 5 stars on Netflix

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Before I watched much anime, a friend of my brother's was describing Trigun.. he said "It's a little weird and gets annoying from time to time, some sweet characters like Wolfwood. Then Legato shows up and changes everything." And JESUS was he ever right!

I thought the conclusion was extremely lackluster (ep23 was soooo much better than 26) so it isn't by any means one of my fav animes but it is still great.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Really? That's disappointing but I'm more than happy to say I'm biased towards the ending because I'm a big utilitarian which is what the entire show boils down to later on so the ending to me was exactly what it needed.

That said, I understand why some people expect/want more from it's ending

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd comment more on Trigun, but it's been ages since I watched it, and I barely remember it. I just remember liking it a whole ton, and it somehow reminded me of Bebop, even though they're very different anime. Must be that Old Wild West sort of feel.

No idea why, but I'm seeing a mix of Gundam and Evangelion. Looks interesting

Heard of the manga, but I've no idea how good it is. It looks really cool. And totally spot on with the Gundam/Eva comparison. I'll keep an eye out for this one.

Muzakman

Reaction score
I'll add one thing.. they should start dubbing DBZ Battle of Gods because the japanese voices are a real turn off for me.. Kamehameha people..

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone here using Crunchyroll? Are the shows subbed or dubbed? I don't want to pay $6,95 a month for some dubs. :ugh:

Don Vito

Reaction score
dont feel bad i spent 50 dollars on haruhhi season 2 at best but

ill never forgive myself

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
dont feel bad i spent 50 dollars on haruhhi season 2 at best but

ill never forgive myself

That's pretty bad but the thing is that I can't really download anime during weeks and I'm usually too tired to watch any anime during the weekends so my only solution would be to subscribe to Crunchyroll. :shrug:

Don Vito

Reaction score
never heard of it

must be some euro thing

expensive phones are overrated as .... doe

Somnium

DEATHGRIPPIN
Reaction score
Thuh Land of Ooo, where fake niggas don't make it
So I had some extra cash chilling it up from a guitar I had recently sold so I decided to play stupid for a second and drop the $100 on the limited version of the Steins;Gate film (2:00 in the morning, stoned, jonesing for some Steins;Gate, amazon mobile app...shit was a recipe for disaster.) Paid an extra $10 for shipping too. Got that ish in the mail yesterday and the fuggin box is dented to hell. I was pretty heated, and to make things worse that was the only copy on ebay/amazon that was actually in the US so I'd have to wait 3 weeks to import another copy. Shit was absolutely uncash as fugg.

So now that I won't be watching the Steins;Gate film for a while (at least not legally...) I'm looking for something new to watch. Has anybody watched any Robotics;Notes yet? I ended up buying the first half when Amazon had it discounted to $20 (and it actually just shipped today) and was just wondering if I could expect it to get dark like Steins;Gate. Other than that I'm thinking I might snag Psycho-Pass when that drops.

Don Vito

Reaction score
im gonna watch lucky starz in 240p in individual parts on youtube

2007 4ever :metal:

Started watching Witch Craft Works. It's pretty great! I love the humor and there are some pretty cool fight scenes.
i'll watch this too because im behind on new anime

last things I watched were wagamogi(which i never finsished despite my undying love for tomoko) space dancu which i never catch because its tv, and mirai nikki this time last year

hell i might just rewatch that amazing shit

')