Anime/manga megathread

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Watch Watamote, AOTY 2013.

5ohvep.png

...denko

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Don Vito

Reaction score
I just finished Kill la Kill yesterday. The ending was a little lackluster imo but considering the show starts on a high and then just gets crazier and crazier up until around episode 21 or so, it kinda makes sense it eventually has to cave in and start doing things by the numbers. Episode 25 out in September or something like that as a bonus for the last bluray release iirc

But awesome artwork, great animation, a lot of funny moments, pretty decent characters (obviously nothing on the level of steins;gate). Highly entertaining start to finish.
Finally finished this one(honestly, could only stomach like 3 or 4 episodes a week because sensory overload). Totally agree about that ending. Wasn't terrible, but left sooooooo much room for creativity. What they really need in that blu ray is an alt ending or something.

I also saw the english dub trailer today, and it's... not good at all. They totally ruined any charm Senketsu had. Wouldn't be surprised if Toonami/Cartoon Network picks it up at some point.

But still 10/10 would synchronize again.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Does this man just want the world to hate him? Why not kick a puppy or something instead? I am not happy about this. Michael Bay's style of direction is the exact polar opposite of what an Evangelion film demands and deserves.

In happier (and related) news, this is happening:
[EDIT: NSFW nudity inside] Filmmakers Create Homage to Ghost in the Shell - Interest - Anime News Network [/EDIT: NSFW nudity inside]
I'm still not sure if they're actually remaking the entire opening scene as the article claims, or if they're just creating posters and short animations (as evidenced by the video). Still incredible though. My nerd-boner is raging.

EDIT: also, Cody, I love your avatar.

Don Vito

Reaction score
I forgot to mention.. regarding the stream and all, my laptop has been crashing a lot lately at random, so I won't be airing anything until I can get a new one. I might try to stream Watamote tomorrow around 11 pm Central Time, but I can't promise it will work. :lol:

In the meantime, anybody else is welcome to start a twitch stream in my place. I can still watch on an iPad.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I might just give it a try, although I don't know what the system requirements would be for using Twitch, seeing as how my laptop is 4 years old and still runs on Vista (.......... :ugh::ugh:). In any case, I'm busy with exams this weekend and next week, so if I do it it would be next weekend. We should probably begin throwing suggestions out there though. I don't mind re-watching stuff, so anything goes. I think Mekakucity Actors lends itself very well to comments and discussion, and it is a super fun watch. I also wouldn't mind watching Isshuukan Friends all over again. :wub::wub:

Don Vito

Reaction score
Twitch really depends more on your internet speed. The software used for broadcasting will run better depending on your computer.

FFsplit

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Im finally visiting my hometown this weekend after 3 months at Uni, so I won't be seeing the streaming :(
have fun guys!,
Im already at ep. 7 of Watamote, loving how it makes me laugh and feel so sad at the same time :lol: , Tomoko reminds me of a few people I know, sadly...

edit: me am retaerded at 2 am, no streaming this weekend?

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, the broadcasting software is what's got me worried the most, but I shall do a few test streams before doing the actual one if I get around to it. My internet speed should be good at least until July. :yesway:

bouVIP

Reaction score
I would definitely be interested in watching isshuukan friends or mekaku city actors some time next week since I haven't started on those yet.

Don Vito

Reaction score
I'm scared to watch isshuukan. The way Alberto described it makes me feel like I'll have an inner crisis, which I have not felt since Madoka, times infinity.

I'm fine with Mekaku. Need to catch up on that one anyways.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been guilty of using hyperbole before (in fact, I might just do it again now). :lol: Isshuukan Friends is really just a super sweet, slow-paced, and heart-melting show about friendship and puppy love. It can be a little overwhelming at times from how perfectly innocent and conflict-free it is :lol:... until last episode, that is, where we had an unexpected turn of events at the very end (although not so unexpected in retrospect). The name of the next episode also unashamedly hints at some upcoming soul-shattering events. Part of me remains hopeful that it won't be that big a deal. I don't want this turning into another Clannad or Anohana. Those two are enough for a lifetime of sorrow and sadness, and this show has been the complete opposite so far. The first 8 episodes at least are the anime definition of "D'AAAWWWWWWWW" but with more D's and A's and W's.

I use way too many hyphens. Need to expand vocabulary.

Don Vito

Reaction score
k, tomorrow we've got the possible choices of:

Watamote
One Week Friends
Mekaku City Actors
and I'm throwing out Ika Musume because Fat-Orc and I are talking about it in steam chat JAU JAU JAU JAU

Gonna go a head and log off it's like 3 AM here, keep it posi guys.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Does this man just want the world to hate him? Why not kick a puppy or something instead? I am not happy about this. Michael Bay's style of direction is the exact polar opposite of what an Evangelion film demands and deserves.

In happier (and related) news, this is happening:
[EDIT: NSFW nudity inside] Filmmakers Create Homage to Ghost in the Shell - Interest - Anime News Network [/EDIT: NSFW nudity inside]
I'm still not sure if they're actually remaking the entire opening scene as the article claims, or if they're just creating posters and short animations (as evidenced by the video). Still incredible though. My nerd-boner is raging.

EDIT: also, Cody, I love your avatar.

I've heard about that one, looks pretty neat
And honestly with the avatar. I was tossing back and forth with Seto or even Kano...Or if I really wanted to, I could have used Yuko and edited my title as Oompa-Tan Chan

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Haha Oompa-Tan-Chan slays. <3 I love Kido though. Always playing the hardass but she's really just all a ball of mushy feels. :wub:

And yeah okay, I'll take the chance to keep hyping it up; the 2014 Fate/Stay Night anime has had its two trailers officially subbed to English by Aniplex. It's so much more exciting when you can understand what's being said. :scream:

Trailer 1:

Trailer 2:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I actually did spend a bit of time last night looking at other Twitch streams (was watching this guy speed-running Super Metroid once in every category... I hadn't seen something so entertaining in a while) waiting to see if you started yours by any chance, but it had been such a shitty day that I just went to sleep early. :lol: What did you end up watching/streaming?

Don Vito

Reaction score
I watched about 40 minutes of Ika Musume until I got bored and went to sleep. I really wasn't in the mood either :lol:

I tend to watch a lot of Megaman speedrunners on twitch. And now that I'm thinking of it, I've never played a Metroid game before, unless you count the one on Gamecube.

Latest posts

')