Anime/manga megathread

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Guys, it's official, Gokukoku no Brynhildr now djents:

Well... not really. But it does enough for me. Now I just hope the anime becomes as good as that opening.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (which makes me think about a cross between Crossfaith and Sever Black Paranoia) really doesn't fit that opening. It does sound good though, might check out the anime too for curiosity's sake

And there's another anime currently in the works right now called Akame ga Kill which premiers on July 6th (so early 23rd birthday present, woot!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't really fit, but I'm happy with anything different from the incredibly melodramatic first opening, and the song is pretty good. I've read a few people referring to this show as Elfen Lied 'Lite'.

Akame ga Kill looks pretty cool. Never read the manga, but everything I just read about it has been praise. Besides, the trailers look good (as short as they are). I'll keep an eye out for it.

Also, it's almost summer, and I'm already beginning to make my to-watch list for summer. Do any of you guys have something that you might be following? I'll post some links to the trailers of whatever's got me excited later on tonight or most likely tomorrow.

bouVIP

Reaction score
Oh god I love FALILV. I heard that they were going to do the OP for an anime, but didn't remember which 1.

Also been watching Mahouka and it's pretty cool. I like the fighting scenes.

Akame ga Kiru is amazing!!! I love the manga so much and hate that it's monthly. It's basically anime Game of Thrones.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Daaaammmn sporting a Mayones and all! That song kicks ass. It reminds me of Blood Stain Child but with a lot more metal.

So, I wanted to make sure that my 3000th post was in this thread, because mucho love-o. Here are a few cool things:

I could do with a gore/horror/thriller this summer, for sure!

Is it wrong that I'm excited for this? :lol: It looks so good. More like the manga, less like the original anime.

And, lastly, pigeon love finally comes to us officially translated to the English language:
Hatoful Boyfriend Pigeon Dating Game Gets English Remake - News - Anime News Network

Don Vito

Reaction score
When I'm on Youtube without being logged in for whatever reason, that Sailor Moon trailer is ALWAYS on the front page :lol: The only thing I remember about that show is the transformation scenes.

bouVIP

Reaction score
I actually want to watch the new Sailormoon too D:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't remember anything from the Sailor Moon anime. :lol: I just remember some of the Sailor girls (Wikipedia is just informing me that there's even a Sailor Pluto... I wonder if she'll even be allowed to be a character, given Pluto's relatively recent demotion :lol:), Sailor Chibi Moon, Luna (the cat), and the dude with the cape, the top hat, the red rose, and the funky 80's glasses. I'm just excited because it's being hyped, and because from ages 4-13, or so, my sisters and cousins would watch the show all the friggin' time. In fact, I think it even aired at the same time as Dragon Ball, or Shaman King, or Beyblade, or something like that, so there were constant conflicts over who would watch what and when. :lol:

I also remember thinking as a child about how much I would have liked seeing Vegeta and Goku beating the shit out of everyone in that show. Kind of like how I wanted my G.I. Joes and my Power Rangers action figures to gang up to beat the shit out of all of my sisters' Barbies (needless to say, it did happen in one or two occasions :lol). It makes me think of how disturbingly deviant a child I was. :lol: But I digress...

Somnium

DEATHGRIPPIN
Reaction score
Thuh Land of Ooo, where fake niggas don't make it
So after watching that Persona 3 movie, it would seem my latest anime/video game obsession has gone from Steins;Gate to Persona. 30 hours into my first playthrough of Persona 4 Golden, been playing a lot of Persona 4 Arena with my friends (I can't stand fighters, but omfg dat Labrys), and I currently have the OST's for 3 FES and 4 playing at my work. Also just got a swagged out Aegis figma in the mail yesterday ($73 for Labrys is depressing). I just need all of this to last me til September so I can go back to obsessing over Danganronpa when the second game drops. BTW there's a super steezin' collector's edition over at NIS America's store for preorder. Get it now because the CE of the first game goes for like $120-150.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Catching up on some Mekakucity Actors, I'm liking it a lot more since I'm getting further into it
Gonna check if any new episodes of Knights of Sidonia came out yet

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Ah man, Mekakucity... it's one of those quirky little shows that seem really cool and funky, but suddenly grip you by the balls and make you scream in pain. Yesterday's episode was amazing.

Also, new Sidonia came out like 3 or 4 days ago. It was awesome. Almost every episode is better than what came before it. After watching it a while you begin to appreciate the sheer scale and size of the show.
EIGHT THOUSAND TIMES THE SIZE OF SIDONIA located at 1.2 million kilometers. It's just numbers, but that shit blew my mind. :lol:

Now I'm gonna go catch up on Brynhildr in the Darkness, One Week Friends (so ready to have my heart shattered into a million little pieces), and the new Mushishi so I can go sleep in peace.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
^ Ah man, Mekakucity... it's one of those quirky little shows that seem really cool and funky, but suddenly grip you by the balls and make you scream in pain. Yesterday's episode was amazing.

Also, new Sidonia came out like 3 or 4 days ago. It was awesome. Almost every episode is better than what came before it. After watching it a while you begin to appreciate the sheer scale and size of the show.
EIGHT THOUSAND TIMES THE SIZE OF SIDONIA located at 1.2 million kilometers. It's just numbers, but that shit blew my mind. :lol:

Now I'm gonna go catch up on Brynhildr in the Darkness, One Week Friends (so ready to have my heart shattered into a million little pieces), and the new Mushishi so I can go sleep in peace.

Oddly enough, was talking with a few guild members when I got back into playing Eden Eternal, we got to talking about anime (which is not a rare thing, XD), someone mentioned Brynhildr out of at least a hundred names that we all threw out there. Kinda wanna watch it just to see how it is

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Like I wrote in another forum, BitD is like that dorky neighborhood kid that can never be cool no matter how hard he tries, but everybody loves him anyway. It's like that kid in your group of friends that always tries to be edgy and rad but fails hard at it every single time. Despite that, you can't help but love him.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Holy sweet mother of all that is good and pure. :eek: I had already seen him do Link's Master Sword, but then I just kinda forgot about him. Totally sub'd to his channel now though. That Elucidator came out badass!

Now I want him to make every single weapon from the Fate universe, starting with Excalibur and Avalon, of course:
Fate-stay-night-Saber-Excalibur-Sword-Avalon-Sheath-Cosplay-Weapon.jpg

Then Caliburn:
fate___stay_night__caliburn__render_by_anouet-d5sk1xk.png

And Dark Excalibur would be awesome as well:
ExcaliburDark.jpg

Now all of them in a single pic just because :D
weapons.jpg

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I officially love No Game No Life. The line that comes before this is "That's right. This is a game,":

asdasdasd.jpg

It's hilarious how they actually censored it in the show. :rofl:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
But he means like actual games in real life. Although, given the context and setting of that episode, .h*ck// and/or S*O would have made just as much sense, if not more. :lol: I just love how NGNL doesn't take itself (or anime/gaming in general) seriously at all and constantly breaks a weird kind of 4th wall, yet it manages such intense climaxes and suspenseful build-ups.

EDIT: should I watch the new Nanana's Buried Treasure episode + the new Mushishi or one episode of Hannibal? Ever since I started watching that show on Netflix, I keep delaying everything else that I'm watching. :lol:

bouVIP

Reaction score
Nanana's Buried Treasure! I'm about to catch up on this weeks anime as well @_@ been so busy with work full time.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ That I did! I watched Nanana. T'was a good episode, surprisingly enough! Man, Nanana iis such a lovely character. One of my favorite designs this season, along with Jibril and Tet from NGNL. They all just kind of linger in your mind for a while; quite memorable.

Change of plans. Hannibal first, and then, if I'm still awake, Mushishi right before going to bed. It'd be nice to have all the horrors from Hannibal disappear from my mind before sleeping. I had actual nightmares a few nights ago because of it. :lol:

Latest posts

')