Anime/manga megathread

bouVIP

Reaction score
Jibril and Nanana are awesome!!! I even named my purple PRS SE-7 Jibril lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Aw man! I added that name to my pool of options for my next guitar! :lol: Other names include Arturia (Fate/Stay Night), Asuka (Evangelion), Lain (Serial Experiments Lain), Tear (Tales of the Abyss), Holo (Spice and Wolf), Ushio (won't say where from because of spoilers. Also, don't Google it if you don't want to ruin for yourself one of the greatest animes I've ever watched), and, obviously, Haruhara Haruko (FLCL). I've been considering the name Ginko as well (from Mushishi). I have a list somewhere. :lol:

So far, I've given Lucy (I just really like that name. It also happens to be from Elfen Lied) to my Ibanez Gio, and Faye (Cowboy Bebop) for my Carvin, whose name I finally settled on a few months ago, after years of consideration and hesitation haha. I have an LP copy beater, a Jay Turser, that I don't think I'll even name, as I might get rid of it soon. Only if I decide to make it a project guitar and make it better will I give it a name. I've considered giving the name Holo to my Cordoba classical, but I haven't yet been able to perfectly match the personality of Holo's character to how I see that guitar.

Then there's the name Rin, which is arguably my favorite name ever. I don't know if I want to give that name to a guitar though. I think I might just reserve that one for my actual daughter, should I ever have one. :lol:

EDIT: Also, I just checked out your NGD thread for that guitar. It's friggin' beautiful and, I won't lie, I kind of want it haha. Congrats man! Time to update that signature, eh? ;)

bouVIP

Reaction score
Those are some nice names. I really like Arturia. I try to give my guitar names that relate to the guitar. Like Jibril cause she has purple hair and feathered wings.

I named my old Fender Lucy but from Fairy Tail lol.

I love the name Rin too!! Rin and Ren are like my favorite names for some reason.

Thanks! It's a great guitar and yea about to update after I get a few more ;)

edit: Just decided to name my blacked out telecaster Kuroyukihime!

Don Vito

Reaction score
Man, I should have named my Fender jaguar Lain. I originally named it Satsuki(from Kill la Kill), but it's an offset body shape, so it's not fit for such a perfectionist. I settled for Sabrina(Pokemon), which is technically an anime, just not a good one :lol:

Speaking of Kill la Kill, a few comments for that sword video are requesting Ryuko's scissor blade. Personally, I think it would be boring aside from it's size.

And I'm not entirely sure if it would be able to slice up shit like it does in the anime.

donray1527

djack of all trades
Reaction score
What do you mean pokemon's not good!? Lol

And that man at arms channel is badass. He does some awesome game of thrones stuff

Don Vito

Reaction score
Well it's not too bad, but I find Ash to be annoying for some reason. I don't care much for his hat either.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Jibril and Nanana are awesome!!! I even named my purple PRS SE-7 Jibril lol

I take it that I'm not the only one wanting to name some of his own guitars after anime characters, lol. (expect me to start calling my RG8 "Kid" after I'm finished upgrading the whole thing :D)

Gonna do a lot of catching up on No Game No Life and Sword Art Online, might check out Brynhildr and Black Bullet

bouVIP

Reaction score
I take it that I'm not the only one wanting to name some of his own guitars after anime characters, lol. (expect me to start calling my RG8 "Kid" after I'm finished upgrading the whole thing :D)

Gonna do a lot of catching up on No Game No Life and Sword Art Online, might check out Brynhildr and Black Bullet

Yup I love naming my guitars after animes for some reason lol Hope you post some pics!

Don Vito

Reaction score
It took 2 summers, but I finally finished Watamote. The ending wasn't great, but the series as a whole is really funny. There's also a new chapter out in the manga I'm about to read.

I almost want to throw down $40-$60 for the Tomoko nendoroid, but I'm afraid my cat will try to chew on it. :ugh:

Anyways, going to start something new tonight. Dunno what yet *peeks around thread*

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
I started re watching Death Note last night... Great series; music, animation, & plot are all spot on.

I dig how the entire show is strategic, but often bounces between idealism and darker intentions.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
So, remember that last Nanana episode I mentioned last page...? Turns out it was the last one >_______> ... wtf. It took the definition of "open ending" closer to "no ending whatsoever." I didn't even realize it was the last one until I went to check on Anichart.net the release date for the following episode only to find out there was no release date and that amount of episodes was 11/11. I later confirmed it on the Anime News Network board. I am thoroughly disappointed. Just when I was beginning to get into it. I seriously hope they do a second season.

In other similar news, I also found out that the last Mushishi episode was the one released next week. It is likely to be the last episode ever, seeing how it took them 9 years to come back for a second season. I think I'm going to postpone watching that episode until it feels right to watch it.

Also, the last One Week Friends episode was released today. I am fearful. I think I'll end up writing a review on this one.

bouVIP

Reaction score
So, remember that last Nanana episode I mentioned last page...? Turns out it was the last one >_______> ... wtf. It took the definition of "open ending" closer to "no ending whatsoever." I didn't even realize it was the last one until I went to check on Anichart.net the release date for the following episode only to find out there was no release date and that amount of episodes was 11/11. I later confirmed it on the Anime News Network board. I am thoroughly disappointed. Just when I was beginning to get into it. I seriously hope they do a second season.

THIS SO MUCH!!!! :scream:

It was such a weird way to end the seasons because it just seemed like another episode.

I'm gonna start watching One Week Friends now since it's done...if I ever have time that is T_T

Don Vito

Reaction score
Finally started Attack on Titan while waiting on a game download.

Between this and USA vs Portugal, I'm going to need therapy. I can't imagine it getting any worse than the first episode, but I'm sure it will prove me wrong at some point.

edit: by worse I mean dramatic

Last edited:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
AoT never drops the intensity, except through episodes 11-14 or so, one of which is a recap episode. It quickly picks it back up though. It becomes more shonen-y, too, if you're into that kind of thing. Really good show overall though, and incredibly intense.

Gah, I haven't had time to watch anything. Still have the One Week Friends episode there, staring at me. T__T I am not sure I'll like the ending that much though. They arguably screwed up after the end of episode 8 (which, by the way, is one of the most magnificently dreamy episodes of anything I've ever seen. Hopping bunnies and rainbow-shitting unicorns everywhere). The change in tone was expected, but not entirely welcome.

Also, just found out that they are releasing the second part to Mushishi's second season this Fall. :D I'm a happy panda.

EDIT: Brynhildr in the Darkness just leveled up. I think it's evolving. I think it'll now be called Brynhildr in the Stupid. I've never seen something so ridiculous, far-fetched, and poorly scripted in my life. And I love it. :rofl:

Last edited:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Finished watching One Week Friends. I want to die. Cuteness overload, can't handle it. That ending was surprisingly good and very fitting. It doesn't take the direction that one would hope for (not entirely anyways), but it fits perfectly what the show is about, and that is the main reason I loved it. I'll give this show an 8.3/10, simply because 8/10 seems kinda low, and 8.5 might be a bit too high, though it's closer to that mark. I will likely will write about this again and go more into detail. Maybe after a second watch, but for sure after I've gotten over the void of having finished it.

Also, just how can you not love it:

Saki-chan will have my love forever and ever
one-week-friends-episode-8-saki-blown-away.png

tumblr_n6v3fiq17x1qcsnnso1_500.gif

And this is how finishing the show makes me feel:
tumblr_n3mt3gxykt1s5mgubo1_500.gif

---------

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need my testosterone back.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Man, I shouldn't have started watching Attack on Titan in English. The dub isn't supposed to be fully released until November ;_;(;-; for people in the know)

Of course I'm extremely tempted to pick it back up in Japanese, but I'm afraid it will be too weird, as I already have the character's voices engraved into my mind. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu:scream:

And for some reason I keep smelling Jagermeister while watching this.

[I'm being blown away]

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score

[I'm being blown away]

It's probably because one of the character's surname is Jager, iirc.

;-;

Okay, this video has nothing to do with anime but can you spot the anime reference? :lol:

[Youtubevid]Qmkn59N5SDg[/MEDIA]

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Man, I shouldn't have started watching Attack on Titan in English. The dub isn't supposed to be fully released until November ;_;(;-; for people in the know)

Of course I'm extremely tempted to pick it back up in Japanese, but I'm afraid it will be too weird, as I already have the character's voices engraved into my mind. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu:scream:

[I'm being blown away]

I'd say just stop wherever you're at because the personality of the characters really don't match the English voices, like, at all. Everyone sounds bad to me, but I feel that way about most dubbed animes now. SAO had that happen to it as well.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
It's probably because one of the character's surname is Jager, iirc.

;-;

Okay, this video has nothing to do with anime but can you spot the anime reference? :lol:

[Youtubevid]Qmkn59N5SDg[/Youtubevid]

Omg I did see Levi (AoT) hiding in the woods the first time around, but it was only in the comments that I found the second one. :rofl: That was brilliant.

Obvious hint is obvious: (NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFmfH5JFco8

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say just stop wherever you're at because the personality of the characters really don't match the English voices, like, at all. Everyone sounds bad to me, but I feel that way about most dubbed animes now. SAO had that happen to it as well.

Dunno if it is just me or what but most NA voice actors can't do anything right. I am having a really hard time watching Avatar because the voice acting is so bad.

Last NA animated show I could say had legit good voice acting was Gargoyles :lol: or feature films too, but those usually aren't just voice actors. They are real actors that happen to only do voices.

')