Anime/manga megathread

DanielC1996

Reaction score
I've actually watched both seasons of Magi xD Started that back in November then started the Kingdom of magic when it was airing from japan and I LOVED the Fate/ stuff Zero was just amazing I liked it alot better than Stay night. I'm actually all caught up with the manga on Magi as well I totally knew that was where they going to end season 2 of it xD If you haven't read that at all seriously give it a read stuff gets pretty interesting where the 2nd season ends like super crazy its all backstory right now about who solomon is

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bouVIP

Reaction score
Finally someone else who reads manga! I am more or less caught up with the manga of Magi as well and I agree it's really interesting!

You could check out No Game No Life if you haven't seen it yet or Mahouka, Hunter X Hunter, Akame Ga Kill, Shinsekai Yori, Ao No Exorcist...animes I'm currently watching and find interesting.

DanielC1996

Reaction score
My buddy is in love with hunterxhunter I'm actually all caught up with the manga on that as well and I'm angry with No Game No Life 12 episodes is not enough Whats Akame ga Kill about I haven't even heard of that. Ao No Exorcist is super cool I was psyched when I heard they were running the dub on Toonami. I'm super bad when it comes to watching anime and reading manga if the series is completed I seriously sit there and read or watch the episodes until I'm all caught up with them xD. Has anybody watched Nobunaga the Fool that one was really interesting i just hate how it ended too much like the ending for Code Geass R2 it was strong in the feels

bouVIP

Reaction score
I bet you're glad it's finally of hiatus then haha.

Akame Ga Kill
"In a fantasy world, fighter Tatsumi sets out for the Capitol to earn money for his starving village, and finds a world of unimaginable corruption, all spreading from the depraved Prime Minister who controls the child Emperor's ear. After nearly becoming a victim of this corruption himself, Tatsumi is recruited by Night Raid, a group of assassins dedicated to eliminating the corruption plaguing the Capitol by mercilessly killing those responsible."

All the things I'm watching/reading aren't complete so I can never get closure T_T

DanielC1996

Reaction score
Oh and for people that like manga there's this cool one called Soul Cartel check it out

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Bye-bye Oranje-kun
Oranje-kun.jpg

... I'm sorry, I had to make this...

DanielC1996

Reaction score
@bouvip Wow Akame ga Kill is super cool I read all the manga if you know of anything similar definitely let me know that is the kind of stuff I love xD

bouVIP

Reaction score
Glad you liked it! The manga is so crazy right now!!! Will do.

I started watching Sabagebu!... It's weird

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Aaahh I heard someone on the internet (and I seem to recall it was one of the PodTaku/J-Taku guys) commenting on it and saying how it would be a great one within its genre. I might check it out soon.

I just finished watching the first episode of Zankyou no Terror (a.k.a. 'Terror in Resonance'/'Tokyo Terror')... yeah, it was pretty much perfect. Visually, it is RIDICULOUSLY beautiful and incredibly well animated. Fate/Stay Night (from ufotable) has met its match for the year in terms of animation; that's considering that ufotable does my favorite animation to date (see Fate/Zero and Kara no Kyoukai). It's that good. Really. The story and plot are exquisitely developed, and the characters are made very intriguing. The whole psychological/depressive aspect to it is exactly right up my alley as well. It has that dark mood a la Lain, Ergo Proxy, Paranoia Agent, etc., but with pretty art and an understandable plot to cheer you up and keep you interested. The direction is so brilliant, too; each shot and each angle accentuate beautifully the art and make for some very pretty scenery. It complimented the mood of the episode perfectly. I have a gut feeling that this all might just go uphill from here. It's my favorite first episode this season, and I expect it to remain my favorite anime this season.

5/5 for first episode.

Also just finished Tokyo Ghoul episode 2. Yeah, depending on how Aldnoah.Zero's second episode goes, TG might be my other favorite anime. So horrifically delightful. Can't wait for more.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Tokyo ESP episode 1:

I'm pretty sure I just watched the Japanese version of X-Men... :lol: which is not a bad thing. Nihon no Ekkusu-Men, or whatever. :lol: Not at all what I was expecting (I thought it'd be a kind of cute sort of esper-based action/slice of life :lol:), but pretty good first episode riddled with action scenes and likeable characters, nonetheless. It doesn't hold back with gore and blood either, which shocked me (in a good way). Pretty good animation, and great character design. Bad thing is that they just throw you in the middle of a conflict that came seemingly out of nowhere; like you're watching a sequel of something you haven't yet seen. I'm sure it will all be explained in due time. Regardless, it's a good one.

3.5/5

And I believe this one concludes my first-episodes for the summer season! I'm still not sure which ones I'm going to be sticking with, but Aldnoah.Zero, Tokyo Ghoul, and Zankyou no Terror are the ones that I will be following for sure.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't get over how awesome this OP is. One of my favorites in a long time:

The full song is even better.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
Anyone checked out the new Netflix Orig. series Knights of Sidonia? I've already seen the full first season and (being the sucker for mech anime that I am) I totally love this show. Thoughts?

bouVIP

Reaction score
Ling Tosite Sigure is awesome! I still need to check out Tokyo Ghoul.

Just watched Tokyo ESP and it was pretty good. Loving all the action animes this season.

Also Aldnoah Zero episode 2 was epic! I'm really loving this series!! It had me all on edge and it's only the 2nd episode.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Aaaahhh need to check out A.Z's new episode! I'm gonna catch up tonight on whatever episodes I haven't watched this week.

Anyone checked out the new Netflix Orig. series Knights of Sidonia? I've already seen the full first season and (being the sucker for mech anime that I am) I totally love this show. Thoughts?

I think it's funny how they called it a Netflix original. They merely just bought the rights to show it in the West. It's like Funimation calling Steins;Gate a Funimation original. At any rate, I thought it was a good anime, but it did have its pitfalls. The pacing is all over the place and it takes a while to get used to the characters in that weird CGI. For what it's worth, it's one of the best extensive uses of CGI that I've seen in anime, but it's still somewhat odd. Regardless, I really liked it and can't wait for the second season to arrive this September. :D Reminded me of a mix mainly between Evangelion, Gundam, and some Attack on Titan (which really just draws from and exaggerates a few of the concepts of Evangelion).

In other news, I found out yesterday that my university is hosting the Fantasia International Film Festival this year, and they're making a huge deal out of Mamoru Oshii. They're doing the first showing of Ghost in the Shell 2.0 outside of Japan this Thursday... which I missed buying tickets for by literally one minute. I am so f*cking pissed about that. I knew I should have purchased on impulse and THEN research where the box office was to go pick up my ticket. :(

But whatever, I think I'll get to see the new Appleseed Alpha film on Sunday. :D I'm so happy my university is doing this haha so cool. They're also showing a few other anime films as well as some interesting Japanese and South Korean stuff.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Just watched the second Aldnoah.Zero episode... it was pretty damn awesome (although the more I think about it, the more I can't perfectly bode with the way the story is being presented, though I'll hold judgement at such an early stage), but that nonsensically ultra-stoic protagonist really pisses me off. They better have a damn good explanation for having calcified all of his emotion hormone-emitting glands. I forgave it during the first episode due to the short exposition we had of him, but this time around I feel was too much. I usually like characters of that style (see Ginko, Homura Akemi, Mikasa Ackerman, etc, etc, etc.), but it just barely makes sense in his case. Anyway, that's my gripe with the show for now. Other than that, it is pretty damn badass. It still reminds me a lot of Code Geass with all the mech stuff and how the IMPOSSIBRU SUPAH SUTRONGU empire crushes humanity like ants.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score

I like it but that's only because I'm a big fan of the manga. I'd have a hard time recommending it to someone who wasn't already a fan.

bouVIP

Reaction score
Started watching Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! I thought it was some stupid harem fanservice anime from random screen shots and stuff, but it's not! The characters are really likeable and they have a lot more depth than I expected from a slice of life anime. It's really funny too.

Don Vito

Reaction score
anime is the devils work

repent sinners and may your soul be saved from the burning pits of hell

if you have fancy dream about OTAKU i will fix you

')