Anime/manga megathread

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Man, SAO II has been such a borefest so far.

*SPOILER WARNING*

The first episode was just an introduction, yes I'll give it that. The second episode was such a filler, we (well at least I) don't care about some blue haired ho being all badass and shit, show us Kirito being all badass and emo and shit. Then the third episode just shows more about the blue haired ho now being all anxious and shit because she once fired a gun or something, I don't care...

Worst anime of the year, every year.

Now this is what SAO is all about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nms3eZGEb3w

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Don Vito

Reaction score
That's disappointing about SAO. I was going to watch it at some point, but idk.. I guess it never left a lasting impression on me, even though there are some amazing moments scattered throughout the series.

Just downloaded and am re-watching FLCL :cool: This time in Japanese. Although I will always love the English version first.

Speaking of good English dubs, new Space Dandy 2nite!!!!!!!!:flame:

edit: As much as I love Space Dandy, I just saw the preview commercial, and it's yet another episode about time and space manipulation. jeez..

edit 2: It was still great as ever.

Last edited:

bouVIP

Reaction score
Now I remeber why I could never finish the Gun Gale books especially Sinon's chapters....

new Aldnoah Zero was pretty awesome!

@Alberto7 I don't know about you, but I think it was good episode in the way it showed the main character's emotions and reactions.

edit: Just saw the new Akame. I've always hated and found Mine annoying, but her annoying voice matches her character so much and I hate her even more now...

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, new Aldnoah made up for the previous one by being just PLAIN F*CKING AWESOME.
dat fatality. :eek: I like that it showed a very cartoon-y super impossibru overpowered character and actually pointed out all of the nit-pick flaws that a picky viewer would find and then took advantage of them.
Sans the details, it actually followed the same train of thought that I had the first time I saw that character. Main character was much better this episode, too. Still unhappy about how he was portrayed during that second episode.

Will get back with thoughts on a few more anime after I find time to catch up with them tomorrow.

+1 to Don for re-watching FLCL. That shit just never gets less awesome.

Skyblue

Reaction score
Soooooooooo, I'm done with Stein's;Gate. It was awesome, though I have to admit I think I would've liked it a bit more if
either Kurisu or Mayuri would have remained dead, or he simply didn't meet Kurisu at the end... I'm not a fan of those all-too-happy endings

Now what? :lol:

If anyone can recommend anything along the lines of Champloo, that'd be great (general vibes, not the whole samurai thing necessarily). I think I made myself a list of must-see animes ones, I should probably check that out...

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Dunno if it has been covered here yet but the new Mushishi is one of the must beautiful animes I've seen so far. Really recommend it.

Don't even get me started on Mushishi man haha. It's one of my favorite pieces of media ever. That show is not just any anime; that thing is up there with high literature. The last episode in Zoku Shou (season 2) moved me nearly to tears, and that closing haiku by the narrator was beautiful. It was quite a quirky and humorous one as well. Most other episodes in that season (or the whole series, in fact) had a similar effect on me, actually. The only reason I mention that one is because I watched it just a few days ago. I didn't realize there was one more episode until then. :lol:

Can't wait until that special on August 20th, and then the second part of Zoku Shou this Fall season. It's one of my two most anticipated shows that season.

Orzech

Reaction score
I had similar thoughts about this anime :)

It's nice to take a break from shounen-mecha-whatever-watch-and-forget and enjoy real art, which this anime in fact is. My girlfriend cried a lot during some episodes we watched together. :)

Don Vito

Reaction score
Due to waking up bright and early at 4 AM yesterday, I was fast asleep before the new Space Dandy came on, so it's officially the first episode of the current season I've missed. :(
Funny, I watched the first episode of SEL today and you guys were already talking about it. :)

To me, it was the anime equivalent of drone music.
However, I decided to pick Lain back up, and it's still eclectic as ever. I'm pretty sure Lain has autism or something, and her dad reminds me of myself when I'm on the computer lol. I also couldn't help to think of that awful looking new movie with Morgan Freeman called "Lucy", when they explained the Accela drug in episode 2.

And I couldn't help to think of Efflen Lied when I saw the title of this film, and the part where she's walking around ....ing everything up with her omnipotent powers.

Last edited:

bouVIP

Reaction score
New Space Dandy was so weird lol

New Aldnoah Zero was epic though

Also for Alberto7

Fate/Stay night's 'Heaven's Feel' Route Gets Film - News - Anime News Network

tumblr_n9dait16DE1qzd219o1_500.jpg

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
YES YES YES I came here just to post that! :lol: So many announcements regarding the Fate series, I think I'm gonna have a heart attack.

TV anime coming out this Fall confirmed to follow the Unlimited Blade Works route, with its own new preview video and all, AND IT LOOKS AMAZING:

And Kalafina doing the music?! Yeah, okay, I just pooped a little.

Also, if you happen to have played the UBW route, this YT comment is best comment:
I AM THE BONE OF MY HYPE

UFOTABLE IS MY BODY, AND KALAFINA IS MY BLOOD

I HAVE CREATED OVER A THOUSAND FAN-GASMS

UNKNOWN TO DEEN, NOR KNOWN TO BUDGET,

HAVE WITHSTOOD YEARS TO CREATE MANY EPISODES

YET, FATE ROUTE WILL NEVER BE ANIMATED

AS I PRAY, UNLIMITED HYPE WORKS
Justice is being done to correct that abominable UBW movie from studio DEEN! :woot:

As for the Heavens Feel movie, I'm curious to see what the people at ufotable do though. Heaven's Feel is too MASSIVE a route to fit into a single movie. Here's hoping it gets the Kara no Kyoukai treatment (a whole movie series) instead of studio DEEN's treatment for Unlimited Bladeworks (single movie for a 25-30-hour route). It's honestly the only way to do it justice, unless ufotable work some black magic on it, which wouldn't surprise me. I have faith in them.

EDIT: somehow I forgot to post this for completness's sake:

Based ufotable, maddafackas!

/unable to contain excitement

EDIT 2: and something about the Réalta Nua version of the novel on Android and iOS or something... can't read Japanese though, and the text is all in an image format so Google translation is impossibru, so I'm not sure what it is.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
And I still have to catch up with a lot of anime from this season... it's been a hectic last couple of weeks for me and I've had time to watch few things.

Due to waking up bright and early at 4 AM yesterday, I was fast asleep before the new Space Dandy came on, so it's officially the first episode of the current season I've missed. :(
However, I decided to pick Lain back up, and it's still eclectic as ever. I'm pretty sure Lain has autism or something, and her dad reminds me of myself when I'm on the computer lol. I also couldn't help to think of that awful looking new movie with Morgan Freeman called "Lucy", when they explained the Accela drug in episode 2.

And I couldn't help to think of Efflen Lied when I saw the title of this film, and the part where she's walking around ....ing everything up with her omnipotent powers.

Haha man, keep watching Lain, it's such an unreal trip. It's kinda confusing, and it makes me sleepy at points, but it's strangely addictive.

Now if only we could fit Elfen Lied's Lucy into that Lucy, and make a Lucy-ception of sorts where Lucy ....s Lucy with her invisible arms of death... I should behave my age.

EDIT:
Yeah I should have put that with a parental advisory warning next to it.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
And new visual novel, Fate/Grand Order, announced for Android and iOS: Fate/Grand Order

Should be interesting, though I gotta play Hollow Ataraxia first, I reckon. No idea what it's going to be about either, but Jean D'Arc seems to be a character, meaning that Blue Beard's unexplained obsession with Saber in Fate/Zero will have more meaning now.

The Fate route of the original visual novel is also going to be available for Android and iOS, although I don't know which markets it'll reach.

bouVIP

Reaction score
Man I really want to get back into Fate/Stay Night but so confusing lol

Also new Akame Ga Kill~. Kurome <3

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Watched the first four eps of Knights of Sidonia... yeaaaaah dunno about this one. It is relatively pretty during the mech scenes, Sidonia looks cool, but the plotting and characters are so extremely flat I don't think I care enough to finish watching it. Plus, outside of the mechs, I find this show to be quite ugly aside from the backgrounds.

Somnium

DEATHGRIPPIN
Reaction score
Thuh Land of Ooo, where fake niggas don't make it
Still on a pretty big Persona kick lol. HURRY UP AND RELEASE THE PERSONA 3 MOVIES ANIPLEX I CAN'T WAIT TO PAY FOR YOUR OVERPRICED (but totally cool) COLLECTOR'S EDITION BOX SETS. On a similar note, Sentai really needs to drop some Big O sets because I don't want to pay $100+ for half of that series. Come on guys, I need my Dorothy R. Wayneright fix.

')