Anime/manga megathread

tm20

Reaction score
My friend introduced me to a series called Astro Fighter Sunred, I hope I'm not the only one who watches this because it's hilarious :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ikiharmaa

It's all white.
Reaction score
What a coincidence, I just watched Spirited Away a week or so ago as well. It was more enjoyable than I remembered. Also watched Arrietty for the first time, it was visually gorgeus, but I didn't enjoy the story as much as certain other ghibli films.

That is all, haven't been in the mood for anime lately.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Just saw Spirited Away.

Miyazaki :wub:

Hory shitto. This made me remember to check the release for the new and last film of Miyazaki. Apparently it's been already out since April! There's only one screening today so I think it's going to go out of screening soon. I really wouldn't want to go back to the town but I must see it in a theater or I'll never forgive myself.

Thank you, Skyblue. You just saved me from the biggest fail of my life. :metal:

Don Vito

Reaction score
New Space Dandy was surprisingly tame, but next week's episode looks to be great(Dandy joins a band). I'm still going to watch Spirited Away, but I had plans that got in the way this weekend.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
That last Aldnoah.Zero episode (6th ep.)... :ugh:... I don't know what's going on in Urobuchi's head, but the writing, pacing, and script were... subpar, especially by his ungodly high standards. Either I was expecting way too much (this is Gen Urobuchi we're talking about... I have a right to expect a lot :lol:), or he's really just not into it with this anime.

EDIT: new Akame ga Kill though... all of my tears....

Last edited:

Skyblue

Reaction score
Hory shitto. This made me remember to check the release for the new and last film of Miyazaki. Apparently it's been already out since April! There's only one screening today so I think it's going to go out of screening soon. I really wouldn't want to go back to the town but I must see it in a theater or I'll never forgive myself.

Thank you, Skyblue. You just saved me from the biggest fail of my life. :metal:

My pleasure man :yesway:

Anyway, saw Howl's moving castle yesterday. Animation was wonderful as always, the story... well, it had some weak spot (characters doing things that they wouldn't normally do, just to advance the plot and so on) but then again, it wasn't his original script, so he might not be the one to blame. Still a great movie though.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Realized I forgot I never saw Black Lagoon. Few hours later and I'm halfway through already :lol:
I've never actually watched Black Lagoon in order, just random episodes on TV. I'm d'ling the whole series as of now, and I had no idea they made 2 seasons of this show. Stoked :cool:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ DUDE you gotta watch Black Lagoon!! It seriously has some of the most badass characters I've ever seen. Watch the first and seconrds seasons, and then the Roberta's Bloodtrail OVA. So much br00tz. Balalaika :wub:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
If by natural you mean "swear out your ass like a sailor" then yes, it's pretty much the most wonderful dub ever! :lol:

And you can't not totally love Revy:

So satisfying :lol:

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
I gotta make some time to go watch Black Lagoon. But of course, when I get to talking about a certain game series with a friend of mine, I tell myself "Hey, I know some of the Tales Of... anime exist. I need to go watch them"

Don Vito

Reaction score
Black Lagoon is really easy to watch. It's shallow, but not dumbed down either.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, Black Lagoon is one of the most badass anime I've ever watched. It's just "badass" done well. It is what helped me get through the emotional nightmare that was Clannad: After Story.

And speaking of those Tales of... anime, I watched Tales of the Abyss ages ago. Really cool anime. The mythology it creates for itself is pretty cool, making it that much more immersive and interesting. I remember really liking the female lead. I wish they made her outfit but for men. :ugh:

milestone_tear_grants01.jpg

Konachan.com%2520-%252092818%2520anise_tatlin%2520asch%2520guy_cecil%2520hanosuke%2520ion%2520jade_curtiss%2520luke_fon_fabre%2520mieu%2520natalia_luzu_kimlasca_lanvaldear%2520tales_of_the_abyss%2520tear_grants.jpg

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Yeah, Black Lagoon is one of the most badass anime I've ever watched. It's just "badass" done well. It is what helped me get through the emotional nightmare that was Clannad: After Story.
Konachan.com%2520-%252092818%2520anise_tatlin%2520asch%2520guy_cecil%2520hanosuke%2520ion%2520jade_curtiss%2520luke_fon_fabre%2520mieu%2520natalia_luzu_kimlasca_lanvaldear%2520tales_of_the_abyss%2520tear_grants.jpg

QFT. ....ing Clannad... I watched that during a stint on third shift and damn near had to leave early that ....er wrecked me so. I got about halfway through and never finished it.

I swear, no-one and I mean no-one does depressing shit like the Japanese.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Started rewatching Death Note last night. Probably won't finish it as I didn't remember how dark and grim it is, holy shit. I need some moe stuff now.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Ok, I've promised myself that I would watch a Tales of anime, and so far I'm up to episode 5 of Abyss and I love it

Tempted to get a copy of the game so I can love it more :D

Don Vito

Reaction score
New Space Dandy was surprisingly tame, but next week's episode looks to be great(Dandy joins a band). I'm still going to watch Spirited Away, but I had plans that got in the way this weekend.

Can someone with a tumblr please get me a pic of Meow holding his blue Steinberger bass? :wavey:

edit: nvm, got a good screen cap from the trailer

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I'm twice as pissed now. As soon as I hit "Post Quick Reply" it went to the Database Error screen and didn't let me post all that I had written. :( In any case, I was writing about how I was pissed (sigh) because I thought I'd make that picture of Meow into a transparent .png so that someone could use it as an avatar and I could have an animu-avec-da-bass buddy, but the service I usually use to do that pulled this one on me today, after not giving me any problems since I started using it some months ago:

20140817_171135.jpg

and then, after you're done and proud of your work, you go and click the download button and this happens:
20140817_171157.jpg

/rant

In any case... are any of you guys con-goers? Have you ever been to one alone? Otakuthon is happening this coming weekend, but all of my friends who are going are either selling stuff (so they'll spend the entire time at the dealer's section) or are staff, and I feel very awkward going to a con (of all things) by myself, and I think I may not end up going. Thing is... Nobuo Uematsu (yeah :eek:) and the dude who sings "Ask DNA" in the Cowboy Bebop film will be there, among other cool peeps, and I'd hate to miss that. I'm just wondering what it's like to go alone to a con...

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
In any case... are any of you guys con-goers? Have you ever been to one alone? Otakuthon is happening this coming weekend, but all of my friends who are going are either selling stuff (so they'll spend the entire time at the dealer's section) or are staff, and I feel very awkward going to a con (of all things) by myself, and I think I may not end up going. Thing is... Nobuo Uematsu (yeah :eek:) and the dude who sings "Ask DNA" in the Cowboy Bebop film will be there, among other cool peeps, and I'd hate to miss that. I'm just wondering what it's like to go alone to a con...

That first bit about trying to get Meow out of that picture, have you tried using Paint.net?

But on point, the two cons that I went to were never me going by myself (well, we really can't count AnimeDay which was a one day marketplace, that one I did go by myself). But then again, I mostly wandered around the cons by myself, while my other friends were doing other things around the con
But if you DO go to that con, we all expect a pic with you and Nobuo Uematsu

Latest posts

')