Anime/manga megathread

bouVIP

Reaction score
Yep Gintama and omg it's probably my favorite comedy/gag manga/animee! Highly recommended because it's ridiculous, but it also has some great serious feels moments.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Mikasa Ackerman asked me to send her regards to SSO on behalf of the Survey Corps.

20140824_112151.jpg

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Remember that bike scene from Zankyou no Terror that I posted a few posts ago? The song was released in full and... just... what is this music from heaven?!

EDIT: I just finished catching up on Zankyou no Terror... hory shitto, battoman! This show is total tits! :eek: It just keeps getting better and better. I can totally see this becoming a classic if it keeps going the way it is.

Last edited:

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Just finished watching Sword Art Online. Overall I enjoyed it, despite having some annoying characters and plot paths...also the first half of the show was much more engaging than the second. I like the concept; it reminded me somewhat of .Hack a bit, though I like .Hack's concept a little better the actual show was pretty boring IMO.

Not my favorite anime, but definitely decent and interesting enough to finish it.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Yep Gintama and omg it's probably my favorite comedy/gag manga/animee! Highly recommended because it's ridiculous, but it also has some great serious feels moments.

hesright.jpeg

I haven't laughed so hard in an anime in quite some time since Gintama. And add to the fact that it pokes fun at pretty much every other anime you can think of and not hold back about it.

Seriously:

That's barely scratching the surface... :rofl:

Don Vito

Reaction score
Oh man, I haven't watched hardly any anime recently. Summer is supposed to be the prime time to start watching since it's hotter than satan's asshole where I live. My download for Black Lagoon finally finished a couple weeks ago(the seeding window was tiny as ....). I'm about halfway through that, maybe a little more. It feeds my itch for badassery, and I would probably watch it if it were a live action movie as well. I really got a kick out of the Romanian twin's episodes, which is where I left off. That really pushed some boundaries I haven't seen yet. And because I appreciate a well done dub, I'm thinking about picking of the Blu Ray's for it, just to have.

Other than that, I also need to catch up on Zankyou no Terror. The one character that is smiling all the time and being kawaii and shit puts it off for me. Like, that's such an "anime" thing to do.

Oh, and I watched the first episode of SAO II and really liked it. Gotta catch up on that. Maybe I'm just out of touch, but I haven't heard as much hype for it as the first 2 initial seasons of SAO. Maybe because it hasn't aired on TV here yet :lol:

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
It seems to me that I've kinda been in a mood to check out some more mecha based anime. So far I've only seen the first episodes of IS: Infinite Stratos and M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane (which the latter kinda makes me think just a tiny bit about Knights of Sidonia in a way)

But kinda adding a bit of variety to the mix (and after doing a bit of checking and finding out that I'm going out of order), I decided to check out Re:_Hamatora. I think I might have to start at the very beginning

And apparently I've been told from one of my friends that the Kill la Kill OVA is supposed to be out tomorrow

Don Vito

Reaction score
Weird, I was going to ask about that Kill la Kill thing in my last post, but forgot to.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Weird, I was going to ask about that Kill la Kill thing in my last post, but forgot to.

Watched Kill la Kill a few weeks ago and it was pretty awesome. Great, funky art style and just an overall wacky concept.

Over the top in the best sort of way (in that sort of FLCL way):yesway:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Meh, after Otakuthon two weekends ago I can't get myself to watch much of anything. Too much anime at once, I suppose - gotta tone it down for a bit. I did catch up on Zankyou no Terror (though I haven't watched the last episode). Also, ever since I bought my Shiki figure at the con, I've been re-watching the Kara no Kyoukai films. Watching them a second time strengthens my belief that anime could hardly ever get any better than that for me.

Other than that, I haven't been obsessing about it like I usually do.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Watched Kill la Kill a few weeks ago and it was pretty awesome. Great, funky art style and just an overall wacky concept.

Over the top in the best sort of way (in that sort of FLCL way):yesway:
I might just have to re-watch it. The figures(if you're into that) are being released next month. I was going to pre order Ryuko waaaaayyyy ahead of time, but I thought her under boobs would make for awkward convo piece :/

In the meantime, the dub is in full motion. Ryuko sounds like Naruto, and it's over all a terrible sight.

Ikiharmaa

It's all white.
Reaction score
Finally watched the second season of ghost in the shell SAC and the original movie afterwards. Great stuff, I can understand why gits gets recommended a lot.

I also watched Sora No Woto (Sora No Wo To?), which I quite liked despite usually not being very fond of brass instruments. I was quite disappointed when it took a turn for more serious, but they actually resolved it beautifully so I can't complain. I'd have liked to see more development in the characters and their relations though, but I guess I can't have everything. Regardless, I'd give it an 8/10. It certainly has that warm soothing mood to it that I much enjoy.

I might just have to watch K-On! next, since I was picking up some references to it in sora no woto.

Don Vito

Reaction score
I really need to re-watch SAC. It was my first real anime, and I probably haven't watched it in 4 years now.

I've seen Sora No Wota on some image boards in the past, but I never got around to watching it. I don't know how much it has in common with K-On!, but I should warn you that K-On! doesn't have as much to do with music as it advertises. Most of the time they're drinking tea and doing typical moe stuff. I'll check out SNW though. Trumpets aren't my thing either, but maybe the setting makes it interesting.

Ikiharmaa

It's all white.
Reaction score
I now see what you mean. Certainly, I think much higher of Sora No Woto than of K-On! now that I've seen 13 episodes of both.

Don Vito

Reaction score
The second season of K-On! is where it's at IMO. Natsu Fest episode, Death Devil episode, Mugi and Ritsu go on a date episode. The movie is also pretty good.

Ikiharmaa

It's all white.
Reaction score
Might have simply overdosed on that moe stuff too. I think I'll restrain myself to just one episode per day instead of the whole season :idea:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Good luck with that :lol:

Don Vito

Reaction score
I don't even watch moe. I just have a soft spot for K-On! because it cheered me up during a really ....ed part of my life. Other than that, I have a little bit of Lucky Star nostalgia, but haven't watched it in years.

Some random K-On! gifs from tumblr because the world is a dark and terrible place and I wanna die.

tumblr_n6wz33gVkS1r41iwko1_500.gif

tumblr_nbeeqmqNZP1ttzn7oo1_500.gif

tumblr_n9uvwmkRUn1r41iwko1_500.gif

bouVIP

Reaction score
oh man your post is both moe and sad :(

on a different note... There is freaking Light Novel fighting game coming out!!!!!

SAO, Strike the Blood, Black Bullet, Oreimo, Shakugan no Shana, Durarara!!, Accel World, Mahouka, Railgun, and
Toradora... omg D:

Don Vito

Reaction score
I didn't expect it to be a real game backed by SEGA. I guess seeing anime characters in games is more common in Japan, as I remember seeing an Umineko fighting game a couple years back(think it came out in 2012?). It was kind of expensive to import, and I needed a Japanese Xbox to play it. :(

I might just have to re-watch it. The figures(if you're into that) are being released next month. I was going to pre order Ryuko waaaaayyyy ahead of time, but I thought her under boobs would make for awkward convo piece :/

In the meantime, the dub is in full motion. Ryuko sounds like Naruto, and it's over all a terrible sight.
Speaking of Kill la Kill, best picture I've seen all year.
tumblr_mv9cs2DDdf1qimttgo2_1280.jpg

')