Anime/manga megathread

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
^ lol

I know this is something I should have posted in the Gear/Pedals thread, but apparently this is a thing now (and yes, I had to check, they ran out of stock in what I can assume was less than 24 hours)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bouVIP

Reaction score
I see they're available for pre-order from some UK stores but it's like $260 to the US. Ishibashi also has it, but they won't sell KORG products outside of Japan....god I hope some US dealer gets it.

edit: It's actually listed on the KORG USA site as a new product so possible US release maybe/hopefully.

http://www.korg.com/us/products/effects/mikustomp/index.php

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ lol

I know this is something I should have posted in the Gear/Pedals thread, but apparently this is a thing now (and yes, I had to check, they ran out of stock in what I can assume was less than 24 hours)

OMG I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE and I don't even own an amp... :(

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
I see they're available for pre-order from some UK stores but it's like $260 to the US. Ishibashi also has it, but they won't sell KORG products outside of Japan....god I hope some US dealer gets it.

edit: It's actually listed on the KORG USA site as a new product so possible US release maybe/hopefully.

MIKU STOMP STOMP EFFECT | Effects | KORG

So... any chance of seeing a Vocaloid Multistomp? For anyone who wants Miku, Rin, Luka, and everyone else all in one little floorboard?

bouVIP

Reaction score
This part "Lyrics for "Senbonzakura" (a Japanese song) are preset. " is all I need

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
And then also an app to do custom lyrics. Vocaloid songs on the guitar... my head might explode if I ever get that thing.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Meh, after Otakuthon two weekends ago I can't get myself to watch much of anything. Too much anime at once, I suppose - gotta tone it down for a bit. I did catch up on Zankyou no Terror (though I haven't watched the last episode). Also, ever since I bought my Shiki figure at the con, I've been re-watching the Kara no Kyoukai films. Watching them a second time strengthens my belief that anime could hardly ever get any better than that for me.

Other than that, I haven't been obsessing about it like I usually do.

daaamn man!, are you/were you feeling good :( ? (I ask half-joking half-seriously :lol: )

@Vito: regarding K-On, it was kinda similar for me (I wasn't in a bad part of my life, but last year of school, preparing my last gig in my old city with my friends, and you know... that ep where the girls...oh...damn...fvck...feels :( )
still, for music related Anime, I enjoyed BECK a lot, even though the engrish songs made me :lol: and cringe many times

on topic: I. Have. To. Sit. And. Finish. Fvcking. Steins;Gate
hell, there is a post I made here like 2 years ago asking if it was good, I got tons of recomendations, and I've been postponing it for ages :wallbash:

Don Vito

Reaction score
I've never watched Steins;Gate, but Fat Elf sent me this video and now I feel like I need to.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ That is likely my favorite part of the entire show. :rofl: That scene was the first time I genuinely laughed out loud at an anime, to the point I had to stop watching for a few minutes to finish laughing.

daaamn man!, are you/were you feeling good :( ? (I ask half-joking half-seriously :lol: )

@Vito: regarding K-On, it was kinda similar for me (I wasn't in a bad part of my life, but last year of school, preparing my last gig in my old city with my friends, and you know... that ep where the girls...oh...damn...fvck...feels :( )
still, for music related Anime, I enjoyed BECK a lot, even though the engrish songs made me :lol: and cringe many times

on topic: I. Have. To. Sit. And. Finish. Fvcking. Steins;Gate
hell, there is a post I made here like 2 years ago asking if it was good, I got tons of recomendations, and I've been postponing it for ages :wallbash:

Haha I'm fine, thanks for asking. :lol: It's just that I've been doing a lot of things recently (I've actually been playing guitar consistently the past few days :eek:), and I'm pretty burnt out once I get back home, so I don't really feel like watching anime... except Kara no Kyoukai or Fate related stuff. I seem to always have time for those no matter what. :lol: (Just 27 days till the new Unlimited Blade Works remake! :scream:)

I've also been meaning to watch BECK for ages, but I never do. It sounds like I'd love the shit out of it.

Aaaannd, finally, yes. Watch Steins;Gate. You owe it to yourself as an anime fan to watch it. I do think it is just slightly overrated, but I understand why. It has a bit of everything for everybody, and it is all done very well. It's a kind of jack of all trades, master of none, except in the case of this show, it is a jack of all trades, and ALMOST master of all. All this, while still keeping its very own, very palpable personality. So yeah, watch it. :D

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Meh, time to fangirl a little bit. Just today I realized there's less than 4 weeks till the new F/SN remake begins airing, and I am stoked.

Rin preview:

Archer preview:

Shiro preview. For those who don't like him because they think he's annoying. :fawk:

Saber preview. :wub::waifu:

I've been pondering what it would take to make a cosplay of Saber's male version - the design that Nasu originally intended for her, as seen in Fate/Prototype - but the thought of taking on such a complicated outfit is extremely daunting for me, considering I have zero skills making cosplays. I'd love to one day make it though, regardless of when.

yMynh.jpg

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
since I have so many friends who cosplay, sometimes I've toyed with the idea of doing it (now that I think about it, all the girls I've been involved with were cosplayers, and I always discovered that after dating... damn, I will never go to a con)
the thing is, Im half arab half latin, so only Ganondorf and Master Yi cosplays for me, I don't like the akwardness of some guys/girls who cosplay asians/StupididlySoftFace characters while having very pronounced latin/arab feautures... that sounds like otakunazism now that I read it :lol:

regarding Beck, I wouldn't say that it is particulary a good anime. The ending as I remember correctly was a letdown, actually, I barely remember it :lol:, but being a guitarist it's a fun watch cause it tend to hit familiar places, also, there are references to famous rockstars which are so lulzworthy (yes, Yngwie is there! :lol: )

warning: will make you want to give a few shots to a Les Paul just to increase it's Mojo points by 40%

OT: it makes me so happy to read that you are taking the guitar again :), I remember your thread saying that you were thinking about quitting

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I am losing my shit watching animeweedlord420. The tears running down my cheek are real.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I just finished the seven core Kara no Kyoukai movies plus the recap film between 6 and 7 for the second time. It's funny how they managed to make something so twisted into something that beautiful.

Seriously, if you guys ever feel like watching something a little different, I cannot recommend this enough. There are very few shows I feel comfortable saying they're in my top 5, but this one has a spot reserved.

Be warned though, no happy moe stuff in this one. Imagine Fate/Zero, but even more twisted and depressing.

Don Vito

Reaction score
I got halfway through Titans, and have been meaning to finish it. I was going to keep up with it on TV(they're showing the dubbed episodes as they're released here in the US), since I (accidentally) downloaded the first 13 episodes in English, and found out afterwards that the rest of the dub hasn't been fully released. I failed, because I can never remember if it comes on at 10:00 or 10:30, and the channel I watch it on gets really glitchy on my digital cable, which is weird since it's the only channel that does this, and usually only when I'm wanting to watch the anime block. Like it's telling me not to watch the dub. This also gets in the way of Space Dandy, which I've missed 2 weeks in a row now(not the TV's fault actually, I was away on vacation) :(

soliloquy

Reaction score
i watched it on netflix and they only had it in japanese. i'm not too bothered with subtitles, but it irritates me at times when there is SO much they are saying and so much thats going on screen that you're missing things...good thing i have rewind though

Don Vito

Reaction score
Oh and I forgot to mention... he main site I DL my stuff from has been down for like a week now. Either I need to find a new source, or these few Lain episodes I haven't finished will have to tie me over.

wat

Reaction score
Just started watching Noragami. It's a pretty neat portrayal of the idea of supernatural beings everywhere that go unnoticed while feeding on the emotional energy of the living and affecting their emotional state.

Main character reminds me of Vash the Stampede a lot which is nice.

')