Anime/manga megathread

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
So, what anime should I watch next? Anything good on Netflix I haven't seen? Here's what I've already watched on there: Psycho-Pass, Deadman Wonderland, Deathnote, Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, Samurai Champloo, FMA, Trigun, Yu-Gi-Oh (duh lol), B Gata H Kei (Yamada's First Time), Pokemon, Digimon, AoT, Eden of the East (just under Steins;Gate as my favourite anime), Knights of Sidonia, Freezing, Fate Zero, SAO, Eureka 7. Also watched Squid Girl when that was on there, awesome anime.

Bumping my own post :| noone answered me and I'm bored haha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ikiharmaa

It's all white.
Reaction score

You've seen the classics like Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell series yet? I imagine you'd enjoy those enough, at least GITS, maybe even Code Geass too. On the softer side of things maybe Spice and Wolf? Hyouka?

I think that I like the more intelligence/dialogue-driven shows, like you, so feel free to refer to my mal. I find that apart from just randomly reading synopsis of anime, the second best way to find new stuff to watch is to look at other people's lists. So it goes like this:
someone's anime list with ratings -> pick interesting title -> look at cover art -> glance over synopsis and reviews -> if I still haven't dropped it I'll add it to my to-watch -list.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ikiharmaa&show=0&order=4

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
You've seen the classics like Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell series yet? I imagine you'd enjoy those enough, at least GITS, maybe even Code Geass too. On the softer side of things maybe Spice and Wolf? Hyouka?

I think that I like the more intelligence/dialogue-driven shows, like you, so feel free to refer to my mal. I find that apart from just randomly reading synopsis of anime, the second best way to find new stuff to watch is to look at other people's lists. So it goes like this:
someone's anime list with ratings -> pick interesting title -> look at cover art -> glance over synopsis and reviews -> if I still haven't dropped it I'll add it to my to-watch -list.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ikiharmaa&show=0&order=4

CB and GITS are fantastic, and CG:LotR is one of my all time favourites. I haven't seen those other two yet. Are they on Netflix and/or have English dubs? (I have kinda shitty eyes so subtitles get tiring to read, especially considering I like to binge watch [20+ episodes a day 4-5 times a week haha])

EDIT: I see you also watch B Gata H Kei. Friggin hilarious show. I'd give it a solid 8, as well. If there are any anime that i feel should have gone much longer, it's that one. Or a spin off following that one flat-chested chick that was all over the 'hot guy' (it's been a couple months, I don't remember names)

Also, on our PtW, I recommend FMA:B next, just for the sake of it being in my top 3 of all time (with Steins;Gate and Code Geass: LotR)

EDIT 2: Here's my list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sofos&show=0&order=4

Last edited:

Ikiharmaa

It's all white.
Reaction score
EDIT: I see you also watch B Gata H Kei. Friggin hilarious show. I'd give it a solid 8, as well. If there are any anime that i feel should have gone much longer, it's that one. Or a spin off following that one flat-chested chick that was all over the 'hot guy' (it's been a couple months, I don't remember names)

Haha, yeah, it was surprisingly fun! I had actually dropped it earlier but picked it up again this fall when I watched a lot of rom-coms for whatever reason.. I have no clue, I just wanted to enjoy but not be really amazed?

Anyways, definitely the best of the "season" for me was Seitokai Yakuindomo. I should find the post in here and +rep whoever posted about it. It is amazingly funny. Don't read anything about it, just watch the first episode right off the bat.

I like how japanese as a language sounds, and the voice acting is usually (a lot) better and more fitting so I personally always go for subs. Not being a native english speaker I actually find following subs sometimes easier than trying to follow the speech. So I have no idea about netflix or dubs :/

Also, you aren't really watchng anime until it's 6am and everything looks blurry :lol: (jokes aside, slice-of-life/comedy is actually fine in small doses too, anything with a real plot and drama isn't).

FMA:B has been on my list for as long as I've had one probably, lol. I should get to it at some point, I'm just scared of shows with more than 26 episodes.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Anyways, definitely the best of the "season" for me was Seitokai Yakuindomo. I should find the post in here and +rep whoever posted about it. It is amazingly funny. Don't read anything about it, just watch the first episode right off the bat.

Probably me as I was looking for something similar after B Gata H Kei and Seitokai Yakuindomo was one of the recommendations. Still need to finish the 2nd season before I forget it.

wat

Reaction score

Welcome to The NHK is one of my favorites. If you like Steins;Gate, especially the characters, then NHK is a good one. Both funny and sad.

I just started watching My Little Monster and I like it.

I like Noragami too. It's about a small-time deity who wants to hit it big one day. Funny and interesting.

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
Patema Inverted was enjoyable. Also Summer Wars and the Girl who Stepped Through Time.
Vampire Hunter D?
Elfen Lied?
Last Exile?
Attack on Titan? (haven't watched this one yet, myself)
Kite?
Blood: the Last Vampire? (the original is the only one I'm recommending; the live action movie -- well, I enjoyed, but I can enjoy anything, that's my superpower, but pretty much universally despised; and I haven't watched Blood+ yet)
Jin-Roh: Wolf Brigade?

Oh, good, 3rd episode of Arise is up, I know what I'm doing tonight.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score

I don't know if it's on Netflix and it's an insane amount of episodes, but you should REALLY REALLY REALLY watch OnePiece, which has one of the coolest and better done stories ever.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I don't know if it's on Netflix and it's an insane amount of episodes, but you should REALLY REALLY REALLY watch OnePiece, which has one of the coolest and better done stories ever.

I read the manga (well like 300 chapters of it) and i just got bored of it after a while. The VA in the Dub is awful. Same with Naruto.

ferret

Reaction score
Who watches dubs? :p

Anyone else reading Sukedachi Nine? Only a couple chapters so far.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Right, so... I'm back from the dead!

I finished watching UBW, ad holy shit. I absolutely love the direction they're taking it in and how they're doing it.

Also, I'm a huge fan of Death Billiards (that stand-alone episode that came out a few years ago along with Little Witch Academia), so I flipped shit the other day when I began watching Death Parade and realized that it's Death Billiards turned into a series! Really cool stuff, and gorgeously animated. The music is incredible; it reminds me slightly of Cowboy Bebop, but more lounge-y. Also, the intro and the ending songs and sequences are super, duper cool. I mean, just watch/listen to this!

Aaaannnddd my Saber 2.0 Figma finally came in a couple of days ago! :D
EDuEpaL.jpg

She looks amazing, but posing her is a bitch and a half. I can't seem to be able to do it without making her look retarded. She came with 8-10 different hand positions, 3 facial expressions, and two sets of hair. She also came with Excalibur + Avalon, and Caliburn + sheath, and then the stand. Lots of things! I'm slowly figuring her out, but it's taking time. Still though, I am happy with her!

Aaannndd the entire family:
qZzVvP1.jpg

The super adorable Petanko Saber and the Titan mug were gifts that I got from my roommates during a gift exchange we had a couple of weeks ago. And my Shiki statue, of course. :D

bouVIP

Reaction score
OMG ALBERTO7!!! YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED!!

Really nice figures <3

Don Vito

Reaction score
Anyone seen MS Hololens? The waifu age is here.

Submit yourself to NSA onii-chan :3

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
OMG ALBERTO7!!! YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED!!

Really nice figures <3

Thanks dude! I missed you guys as well. I've been taking it easy with anime the past couple of months, but I felt a sudden urge to drop by and post a little update haha. I always lurk though, and I do read whatever's posted here. :) I also came back because I am beginning to fangirl Death Parade.

Anyone seen MS Hololens? The waifu age is here.

Submit yourself to NSA onii-chan :3

I am Sabering this bitch up in here with mah HoloLens. F*ck all of the posters my roommates put up in the living room; I am overlaying all that shit with Saber pics.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Figured I'd stop by and say hi

I really can't say much of anything else other than "Christ, I have a TON of catching up to do on a lot of anime that I need to get back into watching, and anime that I NEED to watch"

And just for the hell of it, here's my small (and in desperate need of updates) MAL: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/habi5150

Latest posts

')