Anime/manga megathread

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Every time I see Lelouche's sister I wanna hug her lol. So sad.

What about Guilty Crown? I've heard it's really similar but I've heard that's it's TOO similar.

I've yet to watch Guilty Crown, even though I've it on my harddrive for a couple of years now. I hear it's good though.

Watched the 1st episode of this with the subs. I found it to be boring, but I was never really into this series to begin with. I just really, REALLY like the character design. Anzu and Ranko make my kokoro go boom boom boom ya know. I'm going to keep watching until there are more episodes for those characters.

I also started Log Horizon but couldn't get into it either. Made me want to re-watch S1 SAO.

Checked out the character designs for that Idolm@aster Ul7r4 l337 m4573r r4<3 thing, and it looks so stupidly adorable. Reminds me of Love Live, in a way (which, along with Tokyo Ghoul, has been all the hype at my place for the last few months).

... btw, if you haven't played the Love Live game... well, don't. It's so addictive. I refuse to watch the anime because I'll obsess with the whole thing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Idolm@aster Ul7r4 l337 m4573r r4<3
LOL.

Love Live looks like a similar kind of thing, and I'm really surprised I haven't heard of it before. Idolmaster is originally a video game I think, but I have no clue what you actually do in them. I just like watching the clips on Youtube :3.

BEHOLD

THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE

bouVIP

Reaction score
Oh is idol anime finally acceptable to spazz about here? Cause I'm super obsessed with Love Live and slightly less with Idolm@ster.

Also spent over $1000 on LLSIF cause addiction...

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
LOL.

Love Live looks like a similar kind of thing, and I'm really surprised I haven't heard of it before. Idolmaster is originally a video game I think, but I have no clue what you actually do in them. I just like watching the clips on Youtube :3.

BEHOLD

THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE

Love Live is also a game, but it's a smartphone game. It's a rhythm game, a la Tap Tap Revenge, Cytus (a personal favorite), etc. It's also free, but there is optional paid content.

That video was... I don't even know. :rofl::rofl:

Oh is idol anime finally acceptable to spazz about here? Cause I'm super obsessed with Love Live and slightly less with Idolm@ster.

Also spent over $1000 on LLSIF cause addiction...

Ah, it's always been alright, as far as I'm concerned, but still... $1000 ON LOVE LIVE?!?! Shit brah. :lol:

You should come visit some time. My place has become a den of idol anime (and 2D characters in general, really). We have this friend who always comes over, and she is absolutely OBSESSED with Love Live. She will literally ditch everybody for hours on end to play the goddamn game. Somehow, we've been able to talk her out of spending money on the game (or so we think).

On top of that, two of my roommates, the girl who always comes over, and a few other friends of theirs are cosplaying all of the LLSIF Muses for an upcoming con this year. I really want to be there so I can truly feel like I am in a harem anime. :rofl:

Personally, I tend to like the videogames, but because the gameplay is addictive. Otherwise, I find the whole genre uncomfortably fuzzy and bubbly. :lol:

bouVIP

Reaction score
That is so awesome though haha and your friend too~ Fellow comrade!!

Also this is relevant

10426202_815408505162978_35039325344284170_n.jpg

1962792_815414275162401_5686404655013666330_n.jpg

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
So, I'm FINALLY watching Psycho-Pass, and it's amazing so far.

... also, this is the cruelest thing to have happened so far in this anime. It bruised me right in the mothertruckin' feels:

tumblr_n2osty5Ez01solfhro2_500.gif

That was just Clannad levels of not okay.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
So, I'm FINALLY watching Psycho-Pass, and it's amazing so far.

... also, this is the cruelest thing to have happened so far in this anime. It bruised me right in the mothertruckin' feels:

tumblr_n2osty5Ez01solfhro2_500.gif

That was just Clannad levels of not okay.

I take it you saw my previous post pointing out that Thermion knockoff :lol:

Honestly, if I was in her situation (being a latent criminal because I like playing really really heavy music), Kogami would have offered a set of D'Addarios instead and I would have joined the MWPSB :D

That is so awesome though haha and your friend too~ Fellow comrade!!

Also this is relevant

10426202_815408505162978_35039325344284170_n.jpg

1962792_815414275162401_5686404655013666330_n.jpg

I take it you're aware of the ESP-vangelion?

j9rjfb.jpg

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score

Honestly, if I was in her situation (being a latent criminal because I like playing really really heavy music), Kogami would have offered a set of D'Addarios instead and I would have joined the MWPSB :D

Im not sure if this is serious or not :lol:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ For whatever reason, when I see knock-off anime-themed items, they'll often use differently colored characters. Same design, straight out of the official art, but with different color schemes.

That said, that EvaSP is kinda cool, regardless, and the Love Life one is... well, lovely ;)

Haha yeah, I did! :lol: Those Iginez half-stacks rocked :lol:

And yeah, I thought the same. I'm more of a D'Addario kind of guy, but I've been guilty of buying Ernie Balls on occasion, and I like them just as much.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Just finished Psycho-Pass (the 'Extended Edition' re-release)... HHHHNNGGGG THAT WAS SO GOOD.

It was quite a bit better than I was expecting and everything about it was pretty much perfect. For me it definitely fell under the same category as Ghost in the Shell in terms of thematic content and the tone of the show. I don't feel it was as well developed as GitS, and it had a more "standard" approach in its development (i.e. it felt more like an anime than GitS), but it still managed to convey its point very well.

Also, Akane Tsunemori is probably the best shonen character in disguise that I have ever seen. :lol: Her development was pretty great, too, turning this obnoxious, flimsy little girl into this total badass.

My only real (albeit minor) gripes with the show were:

1) Shogo Makishima initially came across as a super interesting character, but he wasn't as well-developed as I think he could have been. He was given a ton of dialogue and screen time, but his dialogue became borderline repetitive and almost monotone, and his development stagnated. His dialogue became repetitive.

2) The build-up to that climactic moment in episode 8 (I think that'd be episode 17 of the original run
where Kogami finally meets Makishima and where we begin to learn about the truth about the Sibyl System
) felt pretty underwhelming. The fight in that episode was also kinda meh.

3) I have mixed feelings about what came after that climax. While the things revealed were very exciting and very interesting, some of the devices used to reveal those things felt like a bit of an asspull, and gave the last few episodes a bit of a dragged-out feel.

Even with those problems, the sheer level of interest that the themes generated in me were able to offset them well:

8/10 would tap again.

Oh yeah, I think Kogami looks like an idiot. Like he's trying to be edgy, but can't. Tomomi Masaoka FTW.

Now Psycho-Pass 2! :D

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
^ I gotta start up Psycho-Pass 2 at some point
I'm starting to miss Kagari since I saw Ep. 16, that and I feel bad for Ginoza after what happened to Masaoka at the end of Season 1

wat

Reaction score
Psycho-pass is incredible. Yeah,
I miss Kagari too.

Also everything I've heard about the movie makes me feel better about the ending of Psycho-Pass 1 and Psycho-Pass 2 as a whole.

I didn't know about the extended edition. I've been wanting to watch it again and I'll probably pick that up.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I've watched the first couple of episodes of P-P2, and it's pretty good, but I don't feel as hooked as with the first season... I know I'm still very early into the series to pass any kind of judgement, but I already miss the twisted inner monologues and nihilistic worldviews that Urobuchi introduced in the first season right from the first episode. Let's see if it picks up the pace soon.

In other news, my sister designed these and she finally got the shipment! :D

20150319_123423.jpg

Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) body pillow covers. :lol: I didn't think I would, but I am so keeping one and hanging it on my wall. :lol:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
AANNNDD dropping this here in case you haven't seen it

:eek::eek::holy:

idk how I feel about the cast being Japanese, as they're mostly European/caucasian in the anime, but that's probably for the better anyway. :lol:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Somehow I feel like I would pay actual money to see that, though for the wrong reasons.

')